Menu

Ignore this thread!

Oh no. I have been off of antibiotics for 5 months now. This is just my incurable chronic pain illness.

Ok, good. I knew about that but the whole you not being able to swallow thing sucked. For some reason I thought you were still there. With everyone getting sick I figured you'd just give up and go live in a cave somewhere.

• Like 1

Ok, good. I knew about that but the whole you not being able to swallow thing sucked. For some reason I thought you were still there. With everyone getting sick I figured you'd just give up and go live in a cave somewhere.

Oh my throat swells up slightly about twice a month.  We don't know why but at this point it's not so bad so we aren't worrying our little heads about it.  (It's probably either allergy related or acid and I'm being treated for both.)

Oh my throat swells up slightly about twice a month. We don't know why but at this point it's not so bad so we aren't worrying our little heads about it. (It's probably either allergy related or acid and I'm being treated for both.)

That must be where my confusion comes from.

Oregon Zoo content! Lily's first swim in the new habitat! So cute!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pR3N7--c0Xg

• Like 1

May I just say that my mom is amazing? DD is still sick and dh and I both have mandatory attendance at work tomorrow (Christmas parties at school and last day before break, so I have to be there; dh has meetings with the higher-ups). I was stressed trying to figure out what to do, but my mom is going to drive up to keep her for me tomorrow. 

I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. She's pretty awesome. 

That is all. Back to cheese puffs and tortilla chips. 

My mom is the best also!

She's not perfect but she's better than I'll ever be. Hurrah for good moms.

• Like 5

So....carolers with cookies at your door....are you excited to see them?

Me, no.

I'm WAY too introverted to be excited to open a door to people singing to me.

I'm horrible, I know.

Also hypocritical.  This was the planned activity for ds's cub scout troop tonight. I went. (But I sent dh and other family to the door--I just drove.)

• Like 3

Ok, now I am convinced that germs can be transmitted via the internet. I have a barfly now. Fortunately he only barfed a couple of times and now seems to be on the mend. We were all fine and healthy until all you people decided to start getting sick.

(Not sick here. :leaving: )

Make it so.

Picardism. :hat:

That's very sweet of you to offer! But nah, I'm good. I actually do like my job. It's QA, so basically I get to be a miss bossy pants. And since the role is already filled here, I think I'll keep the job. 😆

My last job was UM.  The work was boring and unfun, but my coworkers and I always cut up and acted fools. :lol:

I could go for that right about now.

I KNOW, RIGHT???

My mom is the best also!

She's not perfect but she's better than I'll ever be. Hurrah for good moms.

My mom passed away almost a decade ago, but she was awesome.  I will take the opportunity to say it:  MY MOM ROCKED!

• Like 7

I need to find a dentist. Any tips on choosing a good one? I'm leary of all of the postcards I've been getting for local dentists offering low, low rates. I want someone good, you know? Teeth are important.

I have one to recommend. Are you near Beaverton? I don't remember.

I need to find a dentist. Any tips on choosing a good one? I'm leary of all of the postcards I've been getting for local dentists offering low, low rates. I want someone good, you know? Teeth are important.

Me, too,  Mine died.   :huh: I have been asking around to get recs from friends,  I think that's a pretty good way to find someone with a good reputation.

• Like 3

This evening, I went with the troop to carol at a nursing home and give out homemade cards and fuzzy socks.  It was a large room and we are a small group.  The leader asked me to lead the singing because the other moms were shy and I have stage and singing experience.  So I led everyone in many songs, belting them out until I was hoarse.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 10

I have been thinking about one of my grandmothers a lot lately myself.  One of my deep regrets was that my daughter was terminally ill at the same time she was. I didn't get to do all of the good-bye-ing that I had hoped to.  I really wish that I could've spent more time with her and just really talked.  She went through some hard things in life (like losing a young daughter herself) and she was one of the kindest people I have ever known. She was always bringing people meals, caring for them, and showing a lot of love and acceptance.  I hope to become more open with my heart.

• Like 5

I haven't been caroling in years. I live too far out for anyone to even bother coming to sing carols to me. I wouldn't like it, although I would make an exception if someone was bringing me fuzzy socks. Can't have too many fuzzy socks, and nobody ever gives me socks for Christmas!

I got running socks for my birthday, though, and those are nice.

• Like 5

I have been thinking about one of my grandmothers a lot lately myself.  One of my deep regrets was that my daughter was terminally ill at the same time she was. I didn't get to do all of the good-bye-ing that I had hoped to.  I really wish that I could've spent more time with her and just really talked.  She went through some hard things in life (like losing a young daughter herself) and she was one of the kindest people I have ever known. She was always bringing people meals, caring for them, and showing a lot of love and acceptance.  I hope to become more open with my heart.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I haven't been caroling in years. I live too far out for anyone to even bother coming to sing carols to me. I wouldn't like it, although I would make an exception if someone was bringing me fuzzy socks. Can't have too many fuzzy socks, and nobody ever gives me socks for Christmas!

I got running socks for my birthday, though, and those are nice.

I agree.  Because fuzzy socks.

• Like 5