Menu

Ignore this thread!

I haven't been caroling in years. I live too far out for anyone to even bother coming to sing carols to me. I wouldn't like it, although I would make an exception if someone was bringing me fuzzy socks. Can't have too many fuzzy socks, and nobody ever gives me socks for Christmas!

I got running socks for my birthday, though, and those are nice.

Awww, you should have come to our nursing home caroling thing.  We had extra fuzzy socks, which are always on my Christmas list.

• Like 1

Dd6 has asked for socks for Christmas. I haven't gotten them yet.

Dd9 and dd6 made a song sheet to go caroling in the neighborhood. On one side it has the very poorly spelled lyrics to Infant Holy, Infant Lowly, and on the other side is a picture for the carolees to look at while they listen. :D

• Like 6

Dd9 and dd6 made a song sheet to go caroling in the neighborhood. On one side it has the very poorly spelled lyrics to Infant Holy, Infant Lowly, and on the other side is a picture for the carolees to look at while they listen. :D

:001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

• Like 2

So, tomorrow is the day when the hula teacher makes her announcement that she is retiring and I'm taking her place. I'm excited, but what if they don't like me?

Perhaps I should celebrate 600 ITT pages instead of worrying about tomorrow.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

• Like 14

So, tomorrow is the day when the hula teacher makes her announcement that she is retiring and I'm taking her place. I'm excited, but what if they don't like me?

Perhaps I should celebrate 600 ITT pages instead of worrying about tomorrow.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Of course they will love you. :) Edited by texasmama
  • Like 6

You sound a lot more composed than I would be. I don't think that's healthy. Pretty sure calm needs to fly out the window.

I wrote and erased some stuff. Lol. Dh told me he had "dealt with it". I'm tired of our furniture being reduced to kindling. It is not intentional but 10 is old enough to remember not to treat the kitchen chairs like a play gym.
  • Like 1

I feel so tired of my love and goodwill to my children and attempts to give them a better life being wasted. I am beginning to thing that it's true that we were poor because we are not good people and that's why my kids are so hard. That I was never worth the time put into me and they aren't worth the time put into them because they just argue and the world doesn't need arguers. The world needs people who can follow

Directions! Just. Stop. Arguing. Stop. It's an a note. You can't win this one.

• Like 1

I feel so tired of my love and goodwill to my children and attempts to give them a better life being wasted. I am beginning to thing that it's true that we were poor because we are not good people and that's why my kids are so hard. That I was never worth the time put into me and they aren't worth the time put into them because they just argue and the world doesn't need arguers. The world needs people who can follow

:grouphug:  :grouphug: :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  

I'm sorry! I understand about the arguers. I have one, too. He argues about everything. Hugs!
  • Like 1

(((Tsuga))) (((Tsuga's family)))

You're doing better than you realize.

• Like 4

:grouphug:

Advice, if you want it.  If not, feel free to ignore.  Stop arguing back.  Say what you need to say and walk away.  (Both DD and I will debate each other to death; it's in our natures.  I'm really working on this right now.  And have been for a while.  It's hard, but it does get better.)

Advice, if you want it.  If not, feel free to ignore.  Stop arguing back.  Say what you need to say and walk away.  (Both DD and I will debate each other to death; it's in our natures.  I'm really working on this right now.  And have been for a while.  It's hard, but it does get better.)

Sigh.  This was me and ds15 tonight.  He will argue about anything and I have to have the last word.  

I guess I feel like if I walk away, he wins the argument.  And I think he would think that, too.

So, yeah, working on it.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I know this is good advice but my kid went to bed without brushing teeth, no pajamas, no violin practice, and still didn't finish her room tonight. UGH.

I just needed to vent.

It is very hard when your own parents had normal upbringings but kind of disastrous young adulthoods. It feels like you never know what caused that behavior so you never know whether you're preventing it.

Or maybe they are just destined for one thing and it's all pointless.

I know this isn't healthy thinking but I'm so SICK of it. Not just arguing, but â€‹arguing for the sake of arguing to the exclusion of living a full life.

Yes!  And not a red lipstick is made that will work for me.  I look like a clown or the Joker or something.

I like the Burt's Bees stuff, too.  I think peony is the color I have that I like.

About Burt's Bees. Someone gifted me a baby set of stuff when I was pregnant with Gymnast. Turns out, I used something on her and she broke out from head to toe. I think she was about two weeks old. She was so itchy, she almost scratched her skin off. When I finally figured out the problem of why she was so restless the night before, I had to rinse her off. We''ve stayed away from Burt's stuff ever since.

• Like 2

Back in the day before some of you were even born, I learned to do seasonal color analysis. I am a Summer. Mr. Ellie is an Autumn. One of my dds is a Summer, one is a Winter. I only buy clothing in colors that are my season, and I only buy make-up in colors that are cool (as opposed to warm).

Even before then, I went somewhere--that particular factoid of my memory is buried way too deep for me to find it--and learned how to care for my skin: cleanse (with something made for skin, not Dove or Ivory or any other soap like that), tone, moisturize. I have never strayed from that routine.

I wear mascara and eyebrow stuff any time I leave the house. Other make-up...meh...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I remember Flylady had partnered with someone who did that. I don't remember what I was, but I'm thinking Autumn. I don't know if she still suggests that service.

I am so naturally beautiful that I require no makeup.

Me too. That, and I'm too lazy to figure out, so it's a good thing. Reading further, yes, most stuff makes me break out. But, frankly I do not care. I don't want make up anyway.

The rest of ya'll are just losing me on this convo, so I finally have something I can pretty much skip.

• Like 2

Stop it.

Stop it.

THIS.

It's because you have pale skin, but this is not  flaw.  Do not change.   :)

Stop it.

I'm pretty comfortable with my ugliness. And, reading further, I was ugly as a teen too. No  hot here. Some things never change. I make beautiful children, though. I'm happy with that.

• Like 4

They can do this with jeans now.  You stand in front of something with a camera and it 3D scans you.  The website or whatever then runs your measurements and shape through their clothing database and tells you what will fit.  Or so DH tells me -- I haven't gone looking for it yet, though I wanna.  I'm tired of trying on everything in the store to find one pair of pants that sort-of fit.

There was a website that you could just put in your measurements and they customized jeans for you for $50. It was LL Bean or some store like that. I don't know if they still do it.

:lol:

Mark, that picture scares me. I much prefer Chewy:-)

Ellie, one of the consultants did my profile and thought it was weird. I now know she was just wrong. Because the Queen.

Renai, I am trying to consolidate my posts. We should all do this or at the rate we are going, we are all going to have to be reading this thread all.day.long just to keep up. Actually, never mind. That sounds like fun;-)

And I honestly think we are winning the Internet. We should see if the Guiness Book of World Records has a "longest running forum thread" category. We would so win. And then you all can thank me for making you famous :D

It is a lot easier to not consolidate. I see something I want to respond to, then open the quote page in a different tab and keep reading. When I reach the end of the page, I answer all my tabs, then go to the next page. Because stats.

• Like 4

Is it just me, or does there seem to be a lot of downsizing/job loss/job insecurity right around Christmas? It seems that way to me, but maybe it's not actually the case.

Dh was laid off two weeks before Christmas during the economic downturn of 2008. We never fully recovered from that.

They can do this with jeans now.  You stand in front of something with a camera and it 3D scans you.  The website or whatever then runs your measurements and shape through their clothing database and tells you what will fit.  Or so DH tells me -- I haven't gone looking for it yet, though I wanna.  I'm tired of trying on everything in the store to find one pair of pants that sort-of fit.

No. Just no.

• Like 1

I concur. Except I had pants. 

I don't do makeup; it makes me break out. I'm dark, so I have enough color already. Thus, I am not interested. I put on a pair of earrings and am done. tyvm

I did brush my teeth. :D

I have finally caught up to my post from last night on page 596. 

• Like 1

It's midnight. I really should go to bed. We are cleaning my classroom from top to bottom tomorrow, have a staff potluck, singing contest, then hopefully they'll let us go home early. Today was prek's last day before vacation. Tomorrow is the rest of the school's. They have an early release time before noon.

• Like 2

Today I will tackle the much-procrastinated-upon Mount Laundry. I will get the kitchen in order. I will make my daily list for between now and Christmas. We host the entire family plus have various house guests on various evenings so I really need to get on it.

I keep seeing this "Mount Laundry." I'm pretty sure WTM adopted the term "Mound Washmore" a long time ago.

Just a random thought.

• Like 2

I saw that.  He is resistant to working through the entire summer.  He and I actually had a good talk just now, and he has calmed himself down a few notches.  He asked to review via alcumus all weekend and take the placement tests on Monday, which I found reasonable.  He was calm enough to here my goals, options and the whys.  He seems to accept that the days of him self-teaching higher math are over.  Whew.

Hornblower hipped me to that.  Things are actually coming along nicely in the mat area.  I just skipped today cuz I didn't feel like wrestling with her. :lol:

You see what you did there?

• Like 3

Could you do a buffalo chicken dip? Or these chicken enchilada roll-ups - just use gluten-free tortillas. A ranch chicken cheese ball and provide some gluten-free crackers? 

I think I've had chicken enchilada roll-ups before. I had no idea what they were at the time, but they were soooo good! Looking at the recipe makes me think this is what they were.

It's getting really late.

ETA: Did ya'll know that booya is a food, and it is spelled without an h? Look it up. It's real.

Obligatory educational post.

ETA Again: Booya is also part of the name of a street in Minnesota. Who knew? And for the purists, a booya pic, in honor of Star Trek. Because it's almost 1 am and I'm random.

Vulcan%20Booya.gif

Edited by Renai
  • Like 8

Good Friday Morning! 

Star Wars! - We have tickets to go see it tomorrow.  I'm not watching any news or anything on TV that would give anything away and I'm staying off the Chat board (not that hard to do anyway). 

Tsuga - :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:   I do the same kind of analyzing.  My parents' childhoods, my childhood, my dh's childhood, my kids' childhoods - where am I improving, where am I making it worse and what are my blind spots?  Some things we just can't know for a long, long time.  But, the other thing is even if we did it all perfectly, they are still who they are.  You're not responsible for every thing.  Some of it is them (her).  And the thing is, you never know when all the plowing, cultivating, planting, and weeding you are doing now may some day bear fruit.  :grouphug:

• Like 6