Menu

Kids movies

3girls4me

We just watched "A Smile As Big As The Moon" w/ John Corbett and we all loved it.  I love "Searching for Bobby Fisher."  "My Father's Glory" is fun (although subtitled). Although I may be the odd one out, but I'd say don't watch any movies.  We traveled a ton when I was a kid and we had so much fun reading, playing games with each other, watching scenery, etc.  Such good memories. 

Totoro, Ponyo, Howls Moving Castle, Laputa, Arriety

1000 times yes...plus Kiki's Delivery Service, From Up on Poppy Hill, Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns (after Whisper of the Heart), Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso... :)

Whole family was watching Howl's Moving Castle again last night.  Probably our 5th time through.  LOVE Sophie.  :)

I'm probably the odd one out, but I'd never let a 4 year old watch Harry Potter.... maybe not even the 7 year old, but that is just me. (especially not the ones rated PG13)  I don't think they were intended for young children.

Yeah, I wouldn't do HP for age 4. I got on a roll with thinking about what my girls like to watch. The ending of Enchanted might be too intense for a 4 yo too, but I think the others I listed are all okay.

1000 times yes...plus Kiki's Delivery Service, From Up on Poppy Hill, Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns (after Whisper of the Heart), Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso... :)

Whole family was watching Howl's Moving Castle again last night. Probably our 5th time through. LOVE Sophie. :)

I think the favorite Japanese movie here is Totoro but Kiki's Delivery Service is well loved also.

A Monster in Paris

Celestine and Ernest

Well if it were my kids the line up would be

The Lego Movie

Frozen

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs

How To Train Your Dragon

interspersed with breaks to sing numerous renditions of Let It Go and Everything Is Awesome

Repeat and recycle till we get there

All of the Ice Age movies are popular here too

I know you asked for movies but I just wanted to mention that we have found long car trips happier for everyone when we do more audio books than movies. The adults especially the driver can only hear the movie(and song!) and we find that more annoying than enjoyable. With a book everyone can listen and participate. We do alternate though as the movie holds the youngest ones attention better.

Well if it were my kids the line up would be

The Lego Movie

Frozen

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs

How To Train Your Dragon

interspersed with breaks to sing numerous renditions of Let It Go and Everything Is Awesome

Repeat and recycle till we get there

All of the Ice Age movies are popular here too

Hrms. My kids LOVE the other three so maybe I need to get Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (I loved the book but have never seen the movie because I was worried they ruined it)