Menu

DS Retains amazingly well w/ info. put to MUSIC....what is the BEST thing you've used?

Neesy

So far on my list of "THESE REALLY WORK" are:

100 Sheep - Skip Counting songs.  Our oldest 3 STILL remember the words to those songs!  LOL 

Hide 'Em in Your Heart (scripture songs)

Go to the Ant (Judy Rogers- scripture songs)

The continent song (This old man...knick knack paddy whack song...N.Armerica, S. America, Europe, Asia, Africa..Australia, and Antaaaarctiica...now I know my continents!) :hurray:

Days of the week song  (to the tune of "Found a Peanut"...  There are 7 days, there are 7 days, there are 7 days in the week...Sunday, Monday, etc...)

Months of the year song

The Vowels song

Anyway, you get the idea!  I also have the "Schoolhouse Rock" cd's....remember those as a kid, any of you??  "Conjunction Junction What's Your Function"..... ring any bells? lol

Getting ready to pull our "Grammar Songs" out, too!  LOVE that one!

I'm just curious as to what ELSE is out there that we might be missing!  :bigear:  

• Like 1

My son is the same way!  We do Seeds and a lot of the other resources you mentioned!

I made up songs for him to recall our address and our phone numbers that he still utilizes at 8-1/2.  ;)

Classical Conversations uses a lot of music for their memory work.  History, timeline, math, and a great deal of latin are all song based -- so even if you don't do the program, you could purchase the CD/mp3.  I have a paid subscription to their file sharing site and look for users who post musical version of science, grammar, geography, etc.  It makes for great listening material in the car, and DS has learned a lot that way.

Oh MY!!  "I LOVE the hive!  THANK YOU so much!  :grouphug: I had to start a word document to write them all down!  Haven't heard of most of them! 

Oh, and Raining Pineapples.... I cannot believe this!  I TOTALLY forgot....I have ALL of the Lyrical Sciences packed away in a box "to sell". :blush:  Our oldest three kiddos just never got around to using them.... didn't really "need" them.  THANKS for jogging my memory on that one!

I have Geography Songs, too...from way back when (it's a CASSETTE!), but those songs never seemed to "stick".  We probably just didn't listen to them enough and I know we didn't use the workbook.  Will definitely try that one with ds.  

Anyway.... thanks for taking time to post. :thumbup: 

• Like 1

We love the Classical Kids CDs for learning about wonderful composers and getting familiar with their music. The collection includes "Beethoven Lives Upstairs," "Mr. Bach comes to call," "Mozart's Magic Fantasy" and more. 

OH!!  I totally forgot about THOSE!  We used to have the Beethoven cassette when our oldest two were in elementary (12 YEARS ago)!  Yes...it was really GOOD!  I'll have to see if our interlibrary loan has them on file.  Thanks for the reminder! :thumbup:

• 10 months later...