Menu

Curse you, Nutella !!

PrincessMommy

I probably should not tell you about Speculoos spread.

Ohh, yeah.  At Trader Joe's it's called Cookie Butter.  Right there is your warning -- highly addictive yummy stuff!

I find for the sake of my dietary changes I have to steer well clear of TJ's most of the time.  They have too many goodies I can't help but overindulge in.

Ohh, yeah.  At Trader Joe's it's called Cookie Butter.  Right there is your warning -- highly addictive yummy stuff!

I find for the sake of my dietary changes I have to steer well clear of TJ's most of the time.  They have too many goodies I can't help but overindulge in.

oh man, isn't that the truth.  I stay away except at Christmas time. 

• 2 weeks later...

They even now have something with is cookie butter mixed with Nutella.  It's in stripes so you get both in each delicious bite.  

While there, I highly recommend the frozen Kouigns Amann.  They are like croissants with a caramelized sugar in the bottom.  You put them out to rise overnight…and then bake in the a.m.  Sooo sooo good.  

My first experience with Nutella was overseas. I figure they created it, they get to name it, right?  It drives me crazy to listen to commercials here in the USA where it is pronounced New-tella instead of Nut-Ella.   That is all. :coolgleamA:

It's actually pronounced "new tella" in Italy.

Here's info from the website: http://www.nutellausa.com/faqs.htm

Not a nutella fan so I can't commiserate but Cacao Bliss is an option that might allow you to indulge your chocolate spread fantasies without the guilt. It's good stuff! You can actually make your own of this pretty easily, too.

I have not tried that product, but I love -- [understatement] -- that company's pecan butter and walnut butter!

My first experience with Nutella was overseas. I figure they created it, they get to name it, right?  It drives me crazy to listen to commercials here in the USA where it is pronounced New-tella instead of Nut-Ella.   That is all. :coolgleamA:

We have only pronounced it Nut-tella here too.  I've never heard the New-tella pron.  here or in Italy. 

There IS an alternative to Nutella, and it is one that I prefer, to be honest.  There is no milk included, so it can be eaten by EO 365 days of the year.  :001_smile:

http://justins.com/item/chocolate-hazelnut-butter/

I have some Justin's nutbutters but I don't think I have that one.  I'll have to look for it the next time I'm at Whole Foods. 

I read that there is a severe shortage of hazelnuts this year due to a poor growing season. Prices on Nutella are going to rise, so stock up now!

I think that was a false marketing ploy anyway. I have seen it in wally world a lot cheaper than usual.

Last week ds18 &ds 22 were in a grocery store and actually NOTICED the price of nutella was 2 for $3, the 26.5 oz. size. They knew they should grab some. Cashier kept ringing it up and it kept coming up the same price, 2 for $3. They were so pleased with themselves. As they were leaving they noticed the manager hustling over to the aisle and changing the price. Somebody goofed.