Menu

My new (FREE) geography curriculum

jenn&charles

This looks great! What ages/grades is this for?

It should work for 1st through 6th grade with the target more for readers starting at about 2nd-3rd grade through 6th. You can easily adapt it for different ages. If you are working with younger children, you'll have to do more reading out loud, etc. If you have an age spread, it should work out really well as they can all work on everything together.

The schedule is designed to contain a buffet of activities that can be customized for age/interest/supplies on hand. You can also choose books you already have on hand or use similar themed substitutes from the library to keep things affordable. :-)

I'll add in a high school component sometime in the future, but for now I'm just working on the elementary age portion.

Awesome, thanks for sharing this! I'll have to check it out for my 3rd grader!

I'm just finishing putting together my 8th grader's geography program, and I've been pulling a lot of the gravy and book selections from your old geography plan. :D

Can you send that to me? (the old geography plan)

I have it on a backup disc somewhere, but don't want to dig around to try and find it, LOL.

You could save me a ton of time!

PM me and I'll send you my email address.

Probably the most on-topic yet off-topic question ever but is that TinTins dog, Snowy?

LOL....No, although I think it's probably the same kind of dog. The dog in the picture above is Beowulf, a character in the new children's book I'm working on about the seasons (it will be part of a series of highly illustrated/visual books on educational topics with matching curriculum / play sets / printables). Beowulf is based off of a real dog my family had when I was a kid. He was named Beowulf because my mom was taking a college English class and that was the book they were reading when we got Beo as a puppy. Beowulf was a fox terrier.

Anyway, he's featured in the series I'm working on. I actually stole that drawing of him from page 5 of my season's book. Here's a screenshot (of a ROUGH draft of a two page layout):

seasonsbook.jpg

Oh, that looks so neat! I don't know why but when I saw the dog I just stared for like 5 seconds and said to myself....Why does the dog of all things draw my attention? Finally I thought of Snowy. Actually I thought of TinTin, but quickly remembered that TinTin is the person and the dogs name was Snowy.

Oh Jenn, I need to send you SMOOCHES!!!!!!!!!   :p  :p  :p  This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :thumbup:   :thumbup:  :thumbup: 

You saved my butt for this coming year by doing all the work!  Your books are super terrific.  I hadn't seen that Lonely Planet Not for Parents series, but my ds will LOVE them!  

I needed an alternate for the workbook.  It's really gorgeous with that color and could be trimmed down, but I think it might overwhelm my non-reader.  I found this instead          The Geography Book: Activities for Exploring, Mapping, and Enjoying Your World     

Thanks for doing all that work!!!!!!

Oh Jenn, I need to send you SMOOCHES!!!!!!!!!   :p  :p  :p  This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :thumbup:   :thumbup:  :thumbup: 

You saved my butt for this coming year by doing all the work!  Your books are super terrific.  I hadn't seen that Lonely Planet Not for Parents series, but my ds will LOVE them!  

I needed an alternate for the workbook.  It's really gorgeous with that color and could be trimmed down, but I think it might overwhelm my non-reader.  I found this instead          The Geography Book: Activities for Exploring, Mapping, and Enjoying Your World     

Thanks for doing all that work!!!!!!

:blush: Thanks!

I took a look at that workbook last night...When I have time, I might schedule it in. I like the activities and they would make more sense for a non-reader. Thanks a ton for what you sent me today... :001_wub: