Menu

Made some changes re: COFFEE TABLE DILEMMA...

1GirlTwinBoys

Made some changes re: COFFEE TABLE dilemma...  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the new changes?

• YES
    • NO

I like the brown better with your furniture.  I also like the slimmer side table, as opposed to the chunkier one you had.  I'm not keen on chunky furniture, so that appeals to me.  Your aesthetic is very similar to mine (I have many accessories like yours), but your house is MUCH neater than mine.  ;)  That red cabinet is to DIE for.

I miss the white. ;-)

Ha - me too! I will say, I like the room very much both ways. My tastes are super similar too. The only reasons I prefer the white table is because your woodwork/trim is white, it just brightened up the room a small amount. And I actually liked the larger table in terms of practiciality. I've told my DH when we get our next coffee table, we're going to be able to spread out a board game on it. But really, it's win/win in my world!

And that room is really clean. I'm quite sure no children live there. ;)

I think the white coffee and end tables were too much for the room, with the mantle and built-ins being white also.  I really like the warm tone of the new coffee table.  Not so much the end table, no character, too "light" for the room.  Love that you went with a floor lamp in place of the other end table.  Before the club chair flanked by the tables/lamps looked as if it was the "showcase" of the room.  The only thing I would change,  other then a more interesting side table, is that the built-ins seem a bit cluttered, but I like open space.  Love the curtains, you wouldn't happen to remember where you got them?

Guest submarines

I really like it both ways. With the option of being able to move things around, you can change the dynamics of the room every 4 months or so--easy and fun to do.

Sooo Much better! 

Love it!

The browns create a nice visual grouping and makes the hard wood floors pop out at you.  The furniture really anchors the room and looks comfy and cozy.   

The white trim and bookcases, bring your eye to the edges of the room, up the wall and along the ceiling, creating a more airy feeling.

I like the new end table because it allows the eyes to travel around the room without getting stuck on the back wall. 

Before it was cute, but too busy with mixed styles.  Now, it feels less cluttered,  but still has the mixed style feel,  with groupings that make sense.

Not so much the end table, no character, too "light" for the room.

The only thing I would change,  other then a more interesting side table, is that the built-ins seem a bit cluttered, but I like open space.  

It's kind of funny that you made both of these statements.  I've been working this weekend on painting another wooden end table that I got out of my storage room because I kind of felt the same way about the table I put in there.  Also, I took a lot of things down off my bookcases for a yard sale I'm having at my mom's next weekend.  I thought the same thing (too cluttered) after actually taking pictures of them. :001_smile: 

Love the curtains, you wouldn't happen to remember where you got them?

The curtains came from Target a couple years ago.