Menu

If you're not doing the Superbowl. what are you doing tonight?

PrincessMommy

So, like I said, I have never seen the superbowl. My dad was a hockey fan and I saw PLENTY of Stanley cup playoffs etc etc (that thing goes on forever!)

But my mom insists on not believing me that my dh is not a sports fan. He is so NOT a sports fan. No one in his family is and that includes his brother the Lt Colonel. They all enjoy playing sports such as skiing or biking or running, but not watching sports.

But, she insists on insinuating that I am somehow keeping him from watching the superbowl with his friends. I don't think his friends watch it either, to be honest. She asks me every year if he is watching or watched the game. When I remind her that he is not a football fan she says something like "you don't even let him see the big games?" I have reminded her several times that we don't 'let' each other do or not do anything, he is simply not a fan. She has asked HIM if he watched and he just says no because he doesn't like football or really watching any sport. She just seems to not believe us.

Maybe she is trolling me. I should ask her.

Staying home alone with the three sick little grumps. We are currently watching "Baby Einstein visits the San Diego Zoo" for the fourth time today (anything to distract the little guy so he doesn't just follow me around screaming!). For the record, my dh was totally ready to call and cancel his plans, but I insisted that he go--I know just how excited he's been about this. He hardly ever gets to watch sports anymore, and this is his lifelong team. He used to be a sports reporter, when we met.

DH & BabyBaby are cleaning out the junk stored in our basement.

SweetChild is recuperating from a weekend youth retreat from which she went straight to a 3.5 hr rehearsal today.

Diamond did her Psych homework and is noodling around teh interwebz waiting for Sherlock to be on TV.

I'm wasting time online.. avoiding the dishes. :leaving:

I was supposed to do a friend's taxes and have dinner at her house but she is sick with a bad cold. So I stayed home and made spaghetti sauce and watching random Jane Austen adaptations. I really need to start folding some laundry. Judging from the cheers I am hearing from the yard outside my window, I think that the Seahawks must be doing well.

No interest here. Someone today asked ds if he was excited about the big game today. He said "what game?" Lol.

Fairly normal afternoon. Dd spent the weekend in NYC, so ds and I picked her up today. We grabbed a few things from target while we were near one.

We had a normal evening. Watched a movie (Flushed Away), ate dinner, got kids ready for bed. I got some laundry done.

Heading to bed now.

No interest here. Someone today asked ds if he was excited about the big game today. He said "what game?" Lol.

Fairly normal afternoon. Dd spent the weekend in NYC, so ds and I picked her up today. We grabbed a few things from target while we were near one.

We had a normal evening. Watched a movie (Flushed Away), ate dinner, got kids ready for bed. I got some laundry done.

Heading to bed now.

Someone asked my son if he was excited for the Seahawks to be going to the Superbowl and he was like "that's football, right?"

wanted to keep watching the Superbowl, but since our team wasn't playing...  I answered the clarion call to watch PBS on  the actual TV for once.  I just finished watching Downton Abbey AND Sherlock, in the same evening!  I so rarely see them on TV, that it was a special treat.  I most often catch them online.

I sat in hot tub with my mom and kids were swimming in heated pool.  They bailed to play inside.  DH watched game inside house.  Dad grilled and served to us in hot tub.  Best Super Bowl in years since it didn't involve football. :)  Since they moved Super Bowl to the first weekend in Feb, it has landed on my B-Day weekend (Feb 4). This year I turn 40.  So...this was as good as it could be.  I love the hot tub so yah for me.  :)

I sat in hot tub with my mom and kids were swimming in heated pool.  They bailed to play inside.  DH watched game inside house.  Dad grilled and served to us in hot tub.  Best Super Bowl in years since it didn't involve football. :)  Since they moved Super Bowl to the first weekend in Feb, it has landed on my B-Day weekend (Feb 4). This year I turn 40.  So...this was as good as it could be.  I love the hot tub so yah for me.   :)

happy birthday!