Menu

Hard to find people to work

Scarlett

Our heat went out Sunday night.  We called first thing Monday and a local H&A man came out, assessed the problem, ordered the part, and came back this morning to repair.  It is done, I have heat!  Yah!

But in my conversation with him I learned he is rushing like mad to get everyone taken care of before the cold spell hits tonight.  He says he isn't going to make it...:(  I asked him if he is a one man operation.  He says, 'yes. For now.  I've had 4 guys over a 2 year period, but no one wants to work.'

Apparently they go to school for HVAC and then won't do the work or won't be dependable or just decide to leave the HVAC industry.

And then we hear all the time how there are no jobs. 

DITTO!!!

DH is Director of a Non profit.... big turnover rate... lot of drug testing has to be done... many of the disabled workers are much more reliable and dependable.  They don't even have to work but WANT to!

Now because of white collar crime, the economy, terrible office help, Government changing rules all the time.....causing a huge loss of  a program that never started after 3 years of trying....and another business closing,   we are in a PIT and facing IRS bills from work personally. 

If people there put out 50% of what they were capable of it would be great.... 75% and they would be thriving!

DH is in a Mentor Group of CEO's and they all say it is getting harder to find anyone they can trust or who has a good work ethic.  

All of this makes me want to expect more out of our own children in work and study.

I wonder how we instill that?  :(  I know several young men that are not bad kids at all...no drugs, not running wild or anything, but just....kind of not motivated.  Two of them work with dh....little things about them bug dh to no end.....like how one takes 20 min potty breaks OFTEN.  More than once a day.  On the clock.

I remember working in a huge office and feeling guilty for running to the bathroom a couple of times in the morning...but I would be back in 3 mintues tops! 

Oh and the not coming in on time.  Just because an employer is allows 'flexibility' with hours doesn't mean he really digs you coming in at 5 different times in a 5 day work week.  Your flexibility should be dependable!

All of this makes me want to expect more out of our own children in work and study.

This is key, maybe even more important than a stellar education.  Those who are willing to work can become autodidacts if they choose.

Ds, in his freshman year in college at the local CC is astounded by the adults in his classes that whine and don't want to work for a grade.  He's a good kid with a great attitude (no chip on his shoulder), but what annoys him is when the professors dumb things down.

That, and an employer who was a scumbag.

That seems to be a common theme these days.  

With college costs rising and the changes our economy is going through, I think there will be a resurgence in the "trades" (HVAC professionals, electricians, plumbers, etc.) in the coming years.  It seems like the demand is outpacing the supply for these types of professionals in many areas of the U.S.  And this is work that isn't going away - it can't be outsourced to another country and it can't be "computerized" out of existence.  Seems like a great opportunity for young people who have an aptitude for this kind of work.  Anyone who really applies themselves, is reliable, and does quality work should be able to do well in those fields in most parts of the U.S.

That seems to be a common theme these days.  

With college costs rising and the changes our economy is going through, I think there will be a resurgence in the "trades" (HVAC professionals, electricians, plumbers, etc.) in the coming years.  It seems like the demand is outpacing the supply for these types of professionals in many areas of the U.S.  And this is work that isn't going away - it can't be outsourced to another country and it can't be "computerized" out of existence.  Seems like a great opportunity for young people who have an aptitude for this kind of work.  Anyone who really applies themselves, is reliable, and does quality work should be able to do well in those fields in most parts of the U.S.

This man is middle age......and my guess is he is making a decent living.  I wrote him a check for $330 with a smile on my face.  Labor is listed as 2.5 hours for $150.  And he probably made some money on the part too.  I know he has some overhead but I can't imagine that it would be much. 

This man is middle age......and my guess is he is making a decent living.  I wrote him a check for $330 with a smile on my face.  Labor is listed as 2.5 hours for $150.  And he probably made some money on the part too.  I know he has some overhead but I can't imagine that it would be much. 

Skilled tradespeople who do good work make very good money.   Most of these types of jobs can be run out of a home office.  Overhead is relatively low. 

Skilled tradespeople who do good work make very good money.   Most of these types of jobs can be run out of a home office.  Overhead is relatively low. 

Yes and because he called me back IMMEDIATELY and came within 1 hour and had it fixed completely within 2 days....I will DEFINITELY call him the next time I have a problem.  Kids just don't understand how important those qualities are. 

My BIL runs his own construction business. He complains about this a lot. He told me one time, he went to a site to check up on things and found one of his workers fishing. Yes, he'd brought his own tackle & everything so he could fish while on the clock. Obviously, BIL fired him on the spot.

My BIL runs his own construction business. He complains about this a lot. He told me one time, he went to a site to check up on things and found one of his workers fishing. Yes, he'd brought his own tackle & everything so he could fish while on the clock. Obviously, BIL fired him on the spot.

Good grief.  Sadly I am not surprised.

I remember my mom telling me that if I would be dependable, willing to work hard,and  respectful that I would be way ahead of any competition even if they were experienced or smarter.

I just showed ds13 the receipt.  Had him look at the labor. His eyes got wide....$60 per hour!  I explained to him that the man has a skill, we had a need and we were willing to pay for his skills to fill our need.  THAT is what he needs to focus on....not just 'becoming educated', but rather learning a skill of some sort that people are willing to pay for so that he can support himself. 

I also went over the details of why that man was valuable to me.  1)called me back the first time promptly 2) came to check it out promptly 3) ordered part and called me the next afternoon to tell me the part was in and he would be here that evening or next morning to install 4) Did repari as promised

He seemed to listen.

I just showed ds13 the receipt.  Had him look at the labor. His eyes got wide....$60 per hour!  I explained to him that the man has a skill, we had a need and we were willing to pay for his skills to fill our need.  THAT is what he needs to focus on....not just 'becoming educated', but rather learning a skill of some sort that people are willing to pay for so that he can support himself. 

I also went over the details of why that man was valuable to me.  1)called me back the first time promptly 2) came to check it out promptly 3) ordered part and called me the next afternoon to tell me the part was in and he would be here that evening or next morning to install 4) Did repari as promised

He seemed to listen.

Love it!   :thumbup:  What a great real-life lesson.  Much more valuable than anything he could read about in a textbook. 

Well I've had good luck getting people in here very quickly.  Don't know if it is because I live in a densely populated area or what. 

$60 an hour would be a bargain.  Here it is more like $120 an hour.

$60 is very standard here.  Very small town, an hour from big city. 

Ds, in his freshman year in college at the local CC is astounded by the adults in his classes that whine and don't want to work for a grade.  He's a good kid with a great attitude (no chip on his shoulder), but what annoys him is when the professors dumb things down.

This is why it is very important to choose a college that's a good fit, in terms of academic expectations, so that your classmates are true academic and work-ethic peers. The goal is to be in class with students who take the work seriously and can perform at a high level, commensurate with your own goals and abilities.  

I would not extrapolate from the example of students at a CC, to students or adults in general.  In some areas, it's rare for high achieving students to go to CC; rather, it's typically a "second chance" for kids who didn't do well in high school.  This is not true everywhere, of course, but it's something to consider.  Students aren't randomly distributed between colleges; they are self- and institutionally-sorted, with CC's often getting the lowest tier.

Dfil is a contractor and has issues finding someone to help him. He knows he can't employ someone full time and he tells them that up front, he doesn't care if you work another job (we live in a summer home area so a lot of his jobs are on the weekend when the homeowners are up). He tries to help people who doesn't have a job (we don't have many openings around here) and help those who may have a record for something stupid or something they did when they were young.

A few issues here:

Schools and the government are pushing COLLEGE education, not skilled trades. Only the kids who "can't make it" are directed towards skilled trades. It used to be skilled trades were valued.

Wages can be very low. Dh is a journey man tool and die maker and he had a hard time finding a job that was not $10 through a temp service with NO benefits. Honestly, at times it is better for unemployed people not to take the work and lose all of their benefits than it is to work at a very low pay rate.

Overhead for this guy might not be high but his TAXES are very high for a small business, individual. He has to pay through the nose for social security, worker's comp, any insurance, etc. My brother tried starting a small business and the taxes killed him.

Then there are just people who are "entitled" and don't want to work, take advantage, etc.

Dh was blessed to find a job with benefits and a good pay rate. He said though one guy was talked to as he was going up front (dh is in a tool room in a stamping plant) and drinking coffee for 45 minutes at a time while on the clock. They said they also had a terrible time finding skilled employees as the schools aren't teaching the kids wood/metal shop and other trade skills like they used to. Then those that do know their stuff flunk the drug screens.

A few issues here:

Schools and the government are pushing COLLEGE education, not skilled trades. Only the kids who "can't make it" are directed towards skilled trades. It used to be skilled trades were valued.

Wages can be very low. Dh is a journey man tool and die maker and he had a hard time finding a job that was not $10 through a temp service with NO benefits. Honestly, at times it is better for unemployed people not to take the work and lose all of their benefits than it is to work at a very low pay rate.

Overhead for this guy might not be high but his TAXES are very high for a small business, individual. He has to pay through the nose for social security, worker's comp, any insurance, etc. My brother tried starting a small business and the taxes killed him.

Then there are just people who are "entitled" and don't want to work, take advantage, etc.

Dh was blessed to find a job with benefits and a good pay rate. He said though one guy was talked to as he was going up front (dh is in a tool room in a stamping plant) and drinking coffee for 45 minutes at a time while on the clock. They said they also had a terrible time finding skilled employees as the schools aren't teaching the kids wood/metal shop and other trade skills like they used to. Then those that do know their stuff flunk the drug screens.

Also factor in driving time, gas costs etc.  If he spends twelve hours a day working out of which seven aare billable hours, then subtract taxes, insurance, etc. the pay is not as good as it first appears. The people I know who work in trades work like crazy for what they get.

He seemed to listen.

I think that's a useful lesson.  BUT - make sure he also understands that the man doesn't get to keep all of the $60 per hour.  That goes to pay for the gas it took to get there, the time he has spent keeping up to date with new systems and devices, any time he took to research your particular problem or appliance, payments and repairs on his truck, the purchase of appropriate tools to do the job, advertising, paying someone to do the accounting and taxes, a cut for the employer (if he is not the company owner), time spent giving estimates and following up on jobs that don't materialize, health insurance, disability insurance, unemployment insurance, liability insurance, business license, etc. etc. etc.  And remember that he doesn't have a 9-5 job, so his pay also has to cover any time when he doesn't have jobs on the docket, or can't work for sickness or other reasons.  Chances are good that his take-home salary is much, much closer to $10 or $20 per hour.

I think that's a useful lesson. BUT - make sure he also understands that the man doesn't get to keep all of the $60 per hour. That goes to pay for the gas it took to get there, the time he has spent keeping up to date with new systems and devices, any time he took to research your particular problem or appliance, payments and repairs on his truck, the purchase of appropriate tools to do the job, advertising, paying someone to do the accounting and taxes, a cut for the employer (if he is not the company owner), time spent giving estimates and following up on jobs that don't materialize, health insurance, disability insurance, unemployment insurance, liability insurance, business license, etc. etc. etc. And remember that he doesn't have a 9-5 job, so his pay also has to cover any time when he doesn't have jobs on the docket, or can't work for sickness or other reasons. Chances are good that his take-home salary is much, much closer to $10 or $20 per hour.

One lesson at a time. Lol.....don't want to overload him.

Too bad we can't have a hard workers clearinghouse somewhere. I have 2 very bright, extremely-hard working siblings who are under-employed. Most often employers take advantage of their commitment to do well and keep them in a low position/low pay/part time while piling on work from other or higher positions. One of these siblings is now doing the jobs of 6 people who quit or were fired, plus most of the paperwork of his supervisor. When he applied for one of the positions he's been doing the work for he was told he 'doesn't have enough experience.' He's looking around for other work, but he belongs to a community that is really important to him so he'd rather live poor than lose that support network. 

Now Scarlett, surely you remember me ranting about this topic not too long ago! :)

It's nuts.

I not sure how to instill it.

I'm going with the "it sure sucks to be poor" method.

My kids do not receive any money outside of working for it. They do not ever get allowances, paid for grades, or other stuff. One, we can't afford it. Two, if we can, I'm first in line to hit dad up for an allowance. Three, I think real money should be paid only for real work.

Seriously busting their butts in my quarry of a yard installing the pool and front garden last summer? Yes. I paid those who put in honest days work for their labor. And nope, the kids who wanted money but coped out with 2 hour break? Nada paso bucko.

Too bad we can't have a hard workers clearinghouse somewhere. I have 2 very bright, extremely-hard working siblings who are under-employed. Most often employers take advantage of their commitment to do well and keep them in a low position/low pay/part time while piling on work from other or higher positions. One of these siblings is now doing the jobs of 6 people who quit or were fired, plus most of the paperwork of his supervisor. When he applied for one of the positions he's been doing the work for he was told he 'doesn't have enough experience.' He's looking around for other work, but he belongs to a community that is really important to him so he'd rather live poor than lose that support network.

That happened to my dh for decades. Good guy, good employee, good provider = screwed by higher ups on a regular basis.

Now Scarlett, surely you remember me ranting about this topic not too long ago! :)

It's nuts.

I not sure how to instill it.

I'm going with the "it sure sucks to be poor" method.

My kids do not receive any money outside of working for it. They do not ever get allowances, paid for grades, or other stuff. One, we can't afford it. Two, if we can, I'm first in line to hit dad up for an allowance. Three, I think real money should be paid only for real work.

Seriously busting their butts in my quarry of a yard installing the pool and front garden last summer? Yes. I paid those who put in honest days work for their labor. And nope, the kids who wanted money but coped out with 2 hour break? Nada paso bucko.

Yep.  I hope I can get something through my ds's head before he is launched.  I have a few years yet....but seeing how so many young people are makes me nervous.

A few issues here:

I don't think this is 100% true, not in the sense you mean it. There are a *lot* of community college programs that are skilled trade programs, in essence. There is a big push toward 2 year programs for dental hygienists, radiology techs, respiratory therapists and other jobs like that. You do *not* receive a traditional liberal arts style college education when you do one of those programs. They are basically job training programs.

When we were in college, my now-dh got a job in a machine shop through a temp agency. The only reason the company went through a temp agency is to weed out the useless workers with no fuss and no muss. He was hired on as permanent and given a substantial raise before his 90 days was even up.

I don't want to cause anyone to go into cardiac arrest so I won't tell you my taxes.  LOL

Oh but that does remind me about the other part of what I was thinking.  Obtaining a skill/way to support ones self is only part of it.  The other is to keep your expenses low.  If you go into a job thinking you have to have new car/wardrobe/house/travel  whatever you will just end up in debt and HAVE to work yourself to death to pay for your expenses whether you hate a job or not.  Little or no debt keeps more options open.

I don't think this is 100% true, not in the sense you mean it. There are a *lot* of community college programs that are skilled trade programs, in essence. There is a big push toward 2 year programs for dental hygienists, radiology techs, respiratory therapists and other jobs like that. You do *not* receive a traditional liberal arts style college education when you do one of those programs. They are basically job training programs.

When we were in college, my now-dh got a job in a machine shop through a temp agency. The only reason the company went through a temp agency is to weed out the useless workers with no fuss and no muss. He was hired on as permanent and given a substantial raise before his 90 days was even up.

We have those community college programs here too now but it used to be that the kids could get those same level skills through high school tech programs or even in their own highschool programs---remember wood shop, machine shop, auto shop from school?

Here is West Michigan there are just so many places that put you on the temp rolls for as long as they can and then don't hire you but get another temp, and another and another. I think the high cost of health insurance and their ability to keep the wages lower that way motivates them in part. The jobs now posted are paying $10/hour NO benefits for the exact same job dh did at the same company 23 years ago for $12 hour WITH benefits.

Oh but that does remind me about the other part of what I was thinking. Obtaining a skill/way to support ones self is only part of it. The other is to keep your expenses low. If you go into a job thinking you have to have new car/wardrobe/house/travel whatever you will just end up in debt and HAVE to work yourself to death to pay for your expenses whether you hate a job or not. Little or no debt keeps more options open.

Well there is that and knowing the expenses of the career before starting.

His physical overhead might be low, but insurances and licenses and such are probably a huge chunk of his expenses and largely out of his control. Plus tools of the trade are expensive and take time to acquire. Not to mention the number of people who don't pay or bounce their check. Oh and fees to accept credit cards. All that stuff very quickly eats up his fee. Honestly I don't know how he is making it on $60 an hour even in our locl area.

Well there is that and knowing the expenses of the career before starting.

His physical overhead might be low, but insurances and licenses and such are probably a huge chunk of his expenses and largely out of his control. Plus tools of the trade are expensive and take time to acquire. Not to mention the number of people who don't pay or bounce their check. Oh and fees to accept credit cards. All that stuff very quickly eats up his fee. Honestly I don't know how he is making it on $60 an hour even in our locl area.

Yeah the more I thought about it the more I think you are right.....but he seems to be making a living an he has a good reputation.  I told my dh about everything I mentioned here and he just nodded his head and said yes that is what I was told about him.

Schools and the government are pushing COLLEGE education, not skilled trades. Only the kids who "can't make it" are directed towards skilled trades. It used to be skilled trades were valued..

It's worse. At least here, the local vo tech has morphed into an academic academy, shutting off a truly altetnative route for future plumbers, electricians, etc. We will be a nicely educated people who have to up and move rather that change a faucet washer.

I started working as a temp in July (first time in 8 years) and was hired permanent in less than 6 weeks.  When the manager was asking me what I thought about the job - was I happy with the work, etc. I went ahead and asked him why he was so happy with ME (since I wanted to make sure I continued what I was doing right!).   He named things like - being reliable, being at my desk when I'm needed, being willing to help out when needed, getting the job done.  He also included that I actually had the skills I said I did. but so much of it was what I think of as bare minimum/basic good employee stuff.

My oldest has had a job since she was 16, first at her dance studio and now at Target.  She has received "Good Employee" awards, extra shifts when she asks for them, and time off when she needs it.   She's a smart kid but it seems to be more about - showing up for her shifts/not calling out a lot, showing up on time, getting coverage when she needs time off, working hard while she's there.   I don't know what we did that gave her a good work ethic, except when she started working it was for a goal - she had to pay part of her dance fees when her dad wouldn't.  Now she's paying us for her dorm room (80% of every paycheck she gets comes to us).  I actually thought having to give up so much of her paychecks would make her less motivated to work (since what she's working for is actually paid for already, she's always been "paying us back"). 

I did work full time, often additional part time jobs and/or school while she was growing up.  I finished my degree when she was 9.  Maybe I set a really good example and that was enough.  :001_cool:

Yeah the more I thought about it the more I think you are right.....but he seems to be making a living an he has a good reputation.  I told my dh about everything I mentioned here and he just nodded his head and said yes that is what I was told about him.

There are many reasons that might be...

He could have followed in a relatives trade, thus somewhat inheriting their tools and their old customers to get him started. Most new business goes bust within 5 years, those who make it very often have that type of a significant advantage.

No family to support. My nephew in another state really scored big time in a small niche bc he has no family to support and lives in his camper truck or rents a room instead of having family and housing bills and such. His rates were over 1/2 the cost of his competitor and he is able to literally just tuck away over half of what he does charge. His small town competitors literally can't pay their mortgage at his prices. Not sure how I feel about that. I mean, that great for him, but ... Hmm. Yk? And he admits it won't last long.

But for many just entering the field as new hires, all they are told is how much per hour they will make. And it's not until they get in the field that they start subtracting all the expenses and realize they can't live on the remainder.

My dad has this problem. He's in the heating industry. But his problemm is not that young people are

unwilling to work, the functionally literate and trainable ones go to college and he is left with an

employment pool who have extremely poor reading and math skills who are not capable of logical

thinking /problem solving and it would take years to educate and train them. He can't afford to pay

someone for two or three years and not be able to bill out for their time. He is one of only two

heating guys in the entire county. He's backed up as of today 253 service calls.

That said. Believe it or not, there is no money in it. It is so expensive to run a small business

in Michigan that he and mom only clear$29,000 - 30,000 a year and that represents 60 - 80 hrs. per

week for dad and 40 for mom as his accounts payable/receivable person. So it isn't a profitable

endeavor for anyone to take over anyway...sigh

Faith

We are finding the same thing at the diner.  Plenty of people getting hired but then they want to book so much time off, are lazy while there, or simply don't show up for shifts, show up hung over etc.  It is ridiculous.  The level of work ethic is appalling.  What the heck ever happened to going to work, putting your all into a job well done and clocking out at the end of shift knowing you can be proud of the work you did?  This notion that you can get paid for sitting around doing nothing, or doing your work half-assed is beyond me.  I mean as far as the diner goes I get minimum wage sucks but really how do you expect to deserve or be qualified for more than minimum wage if you are a lazy worker? 

My dad has this problem. He's in the heating industry. But his problemm is not that young people are

unwilling to work, the functionally literate and trainable ones go to college and he is left with an

employment pool who have extremely poor reading and math skills who are not capable of logical

thinking /problem solving and it would take years to educate and train them. He can't afford to pay

someone for two or three years and not be able to bill out for their time. He is one of only two

heating guys in the entire county. He's backed up as of today 253 service calls.

That said. Believe it or not, there is no money in it. It is so expensive to run a small business

in Michigan that he and mom only clear$29,000 - 30,000 a year and that represents 60 - 80 hrs. per

week for dad and 40 for mom as his accounts payable/receivable person. So it isn't a profitable

endeavor for anyone to take over anyway...sigh

Faith

I just don't understand how that can be. I have never had a small business and these kind of stories make me glad I never tried. :(

I just don't understand how that can be. I have never had a small business and these kind of stories make me glad I never tried. :(

One word---at least here in Michigan TAXES. The bigger companies get huge tax breaks for several years and other perks, etc. The little guy gets nothing and has to pay high tax rates.

Dh (not HVAC) has a horrible time finding employees. He can find someone to hire easily. Finding someone who is actually willing to work and be responsible is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

My dh gave up on hiring others about 2 years ago.  He now only does jobs that he can do totally on his own.  He has work lined up for probably the next year because he is sought after in our community as someone who 1. shows up and 2. is trust-worthy.  Others want to hire him even if it takes longer for him to do the job (because he is working alone) for those two reasons.

My dh gave up on hiring others about 2 years ago. He now only does jobs that he can do totally on his own. He has work lined up for probably the next year because he is sought after in our community as someone who 1. shows up and 2. is trust-worthy. Others want to hire him even if it takes longer for him to do the job (because he is working alone) for those two reasons.

What kind of work does he do?

I have a friend here that is in his early 60s. He does all kinds of handy man type stuff. He is the same way......has people begging him to do jobs for them.....he has sent some of it dhs way because he can't do it all.

What kind of work does he do?

I have a friend here that is in his early 60s. He does all kinds of handy man type stuff. He is the same way......has people begging him to do jobs for them.....he has sent some of it dhs way because he can't do it all.

Handyman stuff.  He is really a jack-of-all-trades.  He was raised on a farm where he learned how to fix or build anything.  He truly has worked lined up for months out most of the time.  It is perfect work for as we also have farm where we raise beef cattle.

Handyman stuff. He is really a jack-of-all-trades. He was raised on a farm where he learned how to fix or build anything. He truly has worked lined up for months out most of the time. It is perfect work for as we also have farm where we raise beef cattle.

Dh is like this too. He can do most anything. He works in an office now, which I am glad of because of his health but he takes on a side job once in a while for a bit of extra money.

When he was out of work this summer he had plenty of requests. I just really have a hard time figuring out why people can't find work....but I guess you have to have the skills first!

Part of it is getting lost in the numbers. I know my kids are great, but it can be a long process for a company to sort through to find them. And everything takes longer. When I was a teen, there weren't "interviews" for stuff like cashier at a grocery store. You applied in person and if you made a decent impression or had a good reference, you were hired and started the next day. My son took 6 months and 3 interviews to get hired at his grocery store. And there was lots of competition for it.

One word---at least here in Michigan TAXES. The bigger companies get huge tax breaks for several years and other perks, etc. The little guy gets nothing and has to pay high tax rates.

Yes, the business paid nearly $10,000.00 taxes on $29.000.00 profit. Liability insurance is also very, very high in this state. Dad's premiums are through the roof, and his workman's comp insurance premiums are as well. However, large corporations have been given HUGE breaks on this by the state government. Even insurance premiums...the state oft times subsidizes those at tax payer expense or even exempts the corporation all together from paying into workman's comp for a certain number of years. Generally, in Michigan anyway, when the tax exemptions and subsidies run out, the employer - ie. the company - leaves the state and heads for greener pastures such as Montana who is right now playing that same game in order to encourage companies to move there.

Small business gets nothing.

That said, I think I'm going to have to enforce a board break for myself pretty soon. I used to be able to have these discussions and stay pretty level headed and unemotional. However, we've had something very bad happen in our family, and I'm feeling pretty bleak. I'm not exercising the best self-control about staying out of difficult, heavy hearted discussions. But, did want to address why small businesses struggle so much because it is important for people to know.

Faith