Menu

what is the best knock off UGG boot?

ProudGrandma

The Target ones are fake, last I checked.  And by fake, I mean poly, not wool and leather.  Warmbat is the best, IMHO, and they last FOREVER.  Unfortunately, another company bought them and they're only sold in the EU and Japan now.  :(  I love mine.  Bearpaw doesn't last long and the quality is not great, but they are substantially cheaper.  

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but knock-offs only last a season or two and don't keep your feet half as warm. My Uggs are now 15+ years old and look/feel like new. When you average the cost out, you are much better off to get the real thing.

Love my Uggs.

My girls have Bear paws (I think that's the name).  They've had them for years.  If I want good boots, I try and get them on SierraTradingPost.com .  You can sign up for their emails, which give coupons.  The coupons plus the discount the boots already have, make them a good deal.  They don't have Uggs (I don't think they do), but they have lots of top brands that make similar boots. Look around their site and see if there is anything close.  

I think I asked a similar question last year, and the majority opinion was Bearpaws!

I went out and got some, and I LOVE THEM!   I only had them for one winter, so I can't say how durable they are over time.   BUT, they are more reasonably priced (and you can look out for sales) and very comfortable.   They also still look practically new.   I bought some waterproof spray when I got them.   And just FYI, I live in northern New England, so they survived a real winter :) .

I tried a Walmart knock-off pair (awful!) first.   I also seriously considered the Target knock-offs, because they looked pretty good too.

I think I had bearpaw one year and they only lasted the season. I may have been pretty rough on them though. I just bought dd some from Costco. They are real shearling (wool/leather) and seem to be good quality. They have a ton in women's sizes, so they must be pretty popular.

I think I asked a similar question last year, and the majority opinion was Bearpaws!

I went out and got some, and I LOVE THEM!   I only had them for one winter, so I can't say how durable they are over time.   BUT, they are more reasonably priced (and you can look out for sales) and very comfortable.   They also still look practically new.   I bought some waterproof spray when I got them.   And just FYI, I live in northern New England, so they survived a real winter  :) .

I tried a Walmart knock-off pair (awful!) first.   I also seriously considered the Target knock-offs, because they looked pretty good too.

I bought my BearPaws at Overstock.com. I think I have the Pawz version.   They go on sale quite frequently.   You can reviews on some of them in the link I provided.

I love SierraTradingPost for good deals on winter wear as well.

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Boots/BearPaw,/brand,/2747/subcat.html

I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but knock-offs only last a season or two and don't keep your feet half as warm. My Uggs are now 15+ years old and look/feel like new. When you average the cost out, you are much better off to get the real thing.

Love my Uggs.

I agree with this.  I would try to find something you like on sale - 6pm has them periodically though this might not be the right time of year.

When my now 8th grader was in 5th grade, she had grown out of her kid boots from the year before and had to move up to women's sizes. Way more expensive than kid boots! I bought her $45 Bear Paws and told her they better last the whole year (I thought her feet were still growing). She's still wearing those boots 3 years later, and she wears them a lot. I have the Costco ones for myself and they're holding up fine, but I don't wear mine all that much.

I bought a pair of EMU at Amazon with a $25 off coupon, and I really like them.  They are already water-resistant so I didn't have to spend another $10-20 to do that myself.  They were less than $80 with the coupon, and they were prime with free returns if I didn't like them.  I tried Ukala (also by EMU) and Bearpaws and sent both of them back.  They were both a lot cheaper...and the ones I got felt like it.

HTH

I bought the Costco version for my girls last winter and they held up beautifully--I'll be able to hand them down even though they were worn nearly every day for months.

This year, my local Costco wasn't selling them in black, which my girls wanted, so I bought them Bear Paws on Amazon. They seem like they are good quality. Time will tell :)

Costco. Cheap and real sheepskin.

I still have a pair 2ds wore one winter when he was the same size as me.  the outside is pretty beat up as he was wearing them in snow, but they are still very warm.  even in snow - the outside could be wet (without being sprayed), but the foot was dry and warm.

I've had to replace the sheepskin insole on my current pair because the wool was wearing off.  they still look great and I've had them at least five years. (probably more like eight or nine.)

this season, Costco has uggs and their knock-offs.  the uggs were $110 and the knock-offs were $30. ($35? I wasn't paying real close attention since I wasn't buying any.)

funny that many of you said bear paw boots because I was looking at this one:

but some of the reviews are less than favorable...so I wasn't sure what to think....what do you think?

I have a pair of bearpaw scuffs.  I got them super cheap on a volume sale.  a "regular" sale would have been more than I'd be willing to pay.  I've had them for years, I've two sons who will frequently make off with them.  they are very warm.  (I broke down and got him his own pair of real sheepskin slippers two years ago so he'd leave mine alone. they were on sale, and more than I paid for mine.) 

for value - Costco wins hands down, and I won't even bother looking at bearpaw boots anymore. 

Costco has had kid sizes in for super cheap - and I bought a pair for dudeling a couple years ago.  of course, he's growing and out grew them . . . .

DD14 had a pair of Bearpaw from Costco and they held up great for 2 years before she lost them.  :0(    Maybe 2x per year, I would brush them out and reapply leather waterproofing spray but we live in an area with a lot of rain and she wore them outside a lot. 

Hmmm, my daughter's BearPaws have lasted through several Alaskan winters and still look great.

I'm not the only one to say it, and reviews concur.  It might depend on which ones you buy.  I've bought 4 pairs of Bearpaws, 1 Emu (forgot about that one-that's what ds currently has), and 1 Warmbat.  The Bearpaws get thrown away every year because they fall apart. This is year 2 for the Emu and year 4 for the Warmbat. 

I just got my Bearpaw boots.  They are so cozy...and although there is sufficent amount of space between my toe and the end of the boot, it feels tight...but what I am trying to decide is, is that because the fuzzy inside seems so thick (which I am not complaining about) and ionce it squishes down more, will the boot not feel so tight?  Or should I get the next size up...but then I risk it being too big once the fuzz squishes...what would you do?

that's what is funny...they aren't tight, really...like painful tight....I have tried on shoes where they were painful tight, that isn't this...its more like the fuzzy stuff is just snug around my feet...no pain involved.....I was really hoping to wear these to a party on Sunday...that is why I am wanting to make sure that I need to go up a size...but I don't want to NOT go up a size if I need to.

as I am thinking about it, I did have pretty thick socks on, and I bet with these boots I wouldn't need thick socks would I...I am going to try them again with regular socks to see how they feel...

• 1 year later...
Guest RParker

I am kind of late to this party, but maybe for good reason.  Several mentioned Bearpaws in 2013 as good alternatives to UGGs.  Bearpaws were much better, even last year, but in 2014 no more shearling lining; now they're "wool-blend" lining.  Made in China and price has gone up with the wool blend lining.  Go figure.   Hopefully they'll be some shearling lined on eBay!

I can't afford the real thing...but I also can't afford a cheap pair that will fall apart right away...so tell me, what is the best knock off brand out there?  thanks.

I've been really happy with the Costco knock offs. They sell out in a few days in September though.  I've got a couple of pairs and wear them a lot. 

I got good Costco knock offs.

My Mom bought me real Uggs for Christmas one year.   They were black and had black dyed wool inside.  They dyed my feet.  I ended up hating them.  (So my advice is to stick to the tan kind with the white/cream insides.)

I bought BearPaw off of Amazon when we lived in upstate NY.  They lasted well through two winters.

(My Costco knock offs have only had wimpy Florida winters. :))