Menu

so it was only a 10K, but...

bettyandbob

I did it. 

Maybe I'm on my way to being a runner. 

I ran very slow. I was trying not to go out too fast (made that mistake in a 5K this summer). So, I was running along with a guy who had a slower pace. I realized after a couple miles it was too slow, but the conversation was nice so I kept running with him. He realized at mile 5 I was holding back and he told me to take off. I sprinted the last mile. I won't post what the first 5 miles was, but according to my watch the last mile was 8 minutes. I think I had way too much juice at the end. I'm going to look for another 10K (I can only run races on Sundays so that limits my choices) and try to see if I can pace myself better. The guy is a harpist, so I may have found someone who can fix dh's grandmother's harp. He had some ideas of what to do with it. Funny connection to make. 

Anyway, I did it. It was easy. I know I push myself more. AND I want too. Beautiful weather today too. I'm not sure how I'd feel if the weather wasn't as great. 

You don't use "only" with a 10k.

Well done!

I'm doing my second 5k in two weeks. My goal is not to faint or come close to fainting at the end. :)

Yes, you're a runner.

:iagree:   Once you move beyond 5k, you don't say "only" anymore.  My BIL is a marathoner who does the occasional 10k, and even he doesn't say "only 10k", lol. 

Congrats!