Menu

Update: Lab results, private practice..................

Joanne

Lab results: negative to malignancy.

Private practice: I picked up the keys to a church yesterday (yea, I know ;)). A fellow alumni's husband is Pastor, and I'll be using her office when she isn't. The deal is I pay 15% of what I make to the church.

I was finally able to get my liability insurance and my LMFT(a) license. I sent them in today. As soon as it posts on the state site, I am going to contact Psychology Today and secure a listing. Another professional peer offered to feature me on his site, free for 90 days, and then the cost will be "whatever I think it's worth."

My program for the grief support starts tomorrow! I have 9 families; 27 people ranging from 5 to 17 (kids) and 9 adults. All parent death. :-(

I meet the Board of that organization tomorrow. It's a big non profit; I am feeling a bit intimidated.

I guess I need business cards and to start writing text for a website..........

Brochures? Flyers?

Congrats on getting licensed!  Glad you got some good news on the health front as well.  :thumbup1:

Another recommendation for Vistaprint for business cards, brochures, and flyers.  They have the best prices I've been able to find (plus they're constantly running specials), great service, and their products are high quality.  http://www.vistaprint.com

For your website, I'd recommend buying your own domain and paying for web hosting instead of using one of the free services.  When you host your site for free, you don't own your domain/website and they can shut it down any time.  Customer support is also a lot more sketchy (or sometimes nonexistent with the free web hosts), plus it just doesn't look as professional when you use one of the free services.  

My favorite webhost is http://www.fatcow.com.  They're running a fantastic special right now (looks like it ends in the next 9 hours!) where you get a free domain name and web hosting for your first year for only $15.  Can't beat that!  After that, I'm assuming it goes up to their regular price which is between $60-80 per year.  So it's still very affordable.  I've hosted two websites with Fatcow and one with GoDaddy - Fatcow provides superior service, options and support hands-down.  They're consistently rated in the Top 3 web hosts on consumer surveys.  And no, I don't get anything for recommending them.  I'm just a very happy former customer.  

For your website platform, I'd recommend going with Wordpress (which you can download for free once you've purchased your domain and set up your web hosting).  It's the best platform for business websites IMO.  Very customizable and you can build a professional looking website with no web development experience (tons of "themes" to choose from, easy to set up payment through your website, tons of free software plug-ins you can download to enhance the features of your website, etc.).

So happy things are coming together for you!  :)