Menu

"My Content" lagging

I can see My Content but have at least 6 threads missing. One of the threads I have posted in numerous times, yet every morning I have to search it out for new posts because it doesn't show up in My Content. Another thread that wasn't showing up in My Content (it is showing now that I posted to it again) was a thread that I started. I don't want to be a whiner, but this is very frustrating.

I can see My Content but have at least 6 threads missing. One of the threads I have posted in numerous times, yet every morning I have to search it out for new posts because it doesn't show up in My Content. Another thread that wasn't showing up in My Content (it is showing now that I posted to it again) was a thread that I started. I don't want to be a whiner, but this is very frustrating.

This is exactly what has happened to me. I've had to resort to searching for threads that should be in My Content.

I'm so sick of this. I wouldn't mind quite so much if I could reliably "follow" a thread, but there are threads to which I've posted (including a thread I started) that can't be found without either going through page after page of posts or Googling.

Has there been any word? I don't see any updates, but I might have missed something in one of the other threads.

I'm wondering if the search feature is also wonky - I was searching for a post last night, and I'm pretty sure it and some other posts that should have shown up didn't.

It is wonky, at least periodically. I'm using Google instead.

* Right now, I haven't been going back to see threads I've posted on unless someone "likes" or quotes one of my posts because they aren't showing up in My Content.

Quite annoying. :toetap05: So, definitely still happening.

Occasionally My Content will begin working; then it resets to weeks ago plus (sometimes) whatever thread I last posted in.

OtherJohn, is there any progress to be expected? I'll understand and find a workaround if it's just a permanent bug.

I don't know if this is the same for everyone, but My Content will be fine all day. I hop in throughout the day and anything I posted in that day is there. When I come back the next day - it is all gone. For me, this has just gotten worse. At first about half the threads I posted in were gone, but for the last 5 days or so it is every. single. one.

And agreeing with pp, this is a really big deal to me. This board moves too fast to keep up with everything. Posting and using My Content is my way of picking a few topics to track. I'm not trying to be dramatic: woe is me, I'm leaving, etc. ;) I just want to point out how frustrating this is for me. (and many others, I'm sure)

Folks,

It appears that the My Content issue is related to the move of our data onto new servers following the denial of service attacks a little while ago. John has a fix in mind, but he is still dealing with fallout from that website crash, and there are a couple of upgrades he needs to install before tackling the fix. It IS on his calendar in the near future--and I promise to keep you posted. Until then, if you can be patient, I'd appreciate it very much.

More soon along with a target date,

SWB

Thanks for the update. :)

I don't know what the problem is with (1) followed posts becoming unfollowed after responding to a thread on mobile; and (2) the "follow threads I post in" setting not always working, but if we could reliably follow posts the "My Content" issue wouldn't be so critical.

I don't know if this was mentioned up thread but if you go to your profile page and then click on "posts" on the left sidebar you will be able to see the last 5 posts you've made in descending order. That's how I've been going back to my recent activity since the My Content hasn't been working. It obviously doesn't help if you post a lot in many different threads, but it will at least get you back to the most recent.

I don't know if this was mentioned up thread but if you go to your profile page and then click on "posts" on the left sidebar you will be able to see the last 5 posts you've made in descending order. That's how I've been going back to my recent activity since the My Content hasn't been working. It obviously doesn't help if you post a lot in many different threads, but it will at least get you back to the most recent.

Unfortunately, at least for me, these aren't updating for me either. (I can always see *today's* threads that I've posted on, but not previous day's.)

Thanks for the update, Mods & SWB! And thanks for all your hard work, Other John!

I don't know if this was mentioned up thread but if you go to your profile page and then click on "posts" on the left sidebar you will be able to see the last 5 posts you've made in descending order. ...

Thank you. That was a helpful tip.

Regards,

Kareni