Menu

You guys are letting me down!

Mom in High Heels

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to say something scandalous....

I never wear high heels. I prefer loafers, sandals, and ballet flats.... :leaving:

:D

High heel free and loving it!

You two have issues.

Come on people! Drama!

I never disputed that. But bringing my shoes issues up in a public forum and not accepting my choices is just too much. I'm going to make vodka shot cupcakes and scan the internet for Sean Connery kilt pictures while I prep my crockpot for oatmeal in the morning.

AND I left my shopping cart in an empty parking space at the grocery store today.

:p :p :p

I thought you just settled into one.

We've been here for two years. So, we have just settled into one. That's why it's time to leave, apparently. ;) It was a two year job, some jobs are like that.

You gotta love the military. Civil service is almost as bad.

It's crazy. I just want them to pick something so I can start getting used to the idea before it's time to load my stuff on the moving truck.

I never disputed that. But bringing my shoes issues up in a public forum and not accepting my choices is just too much. I'm going to make vodka shot cupcakes and scan the internet for Sean Connery kilt pictures while I prep my crockpot for oatmeal in the morning.

AND I left my shopping cart in an empty parking space at the grocery store today.

:p :p :p

Yeah, but you didn't let your kid climb up the slide, did you?

We were told last Wednesday that it was 99% sure ______, then on Thursday it was probably something else. Today it was either ____ or ____, neither of which had been mentioned before.

We've had 4 different assignments in the last month and a half. We're fairly certain we know now, as JB has been allowed to put in for paper orders. Not knowing is the WORST. I hope you guys get something good!

Discuss:

0FECB7A5-768B-4C49-A85A-936A506CA3C5-10030-000011B146B30873.jpg

You gotta love a guy that can turn water into wine and charm dinosaurs. I hate to be critical but I'm not a fan of that style of art. It's a little too Melissa and Doug floor puzzle. I think it would be a bit nicer if it was done in an impressionist style.

Discuss:

You gotta love a guy that can turn water into wine and charm dinosaurs. I hate to be critical but I'm not a fan of that style of art. It's a little too Melissa and Doug floor puzzle. I think it would be a bit nicer if it was done in an impressionist style.

Personally I would prefer something more along the lines of Georges Seurat. Love me some pointillism.

Why you gotta hate on Melissa and Doug???

I thought that was Moses???

Discuss:

I wonder if I should quietly change the family desktop wallpaper to this and see if anyone either notices or comments on it. Actually, I don't know what my current wallpaper is- let's check:

It's a map from LOTR, so that's my son's doing. I think dino-Moses is better. Poor dude in the back row that's getting his head eaten.

I'm 6' tall and I vote pro-heels (4" or more and leopard pony hair, please);

I also vote Poprah, but only on Fridays.

ETA: No cupcakes and Ryan Gosling is a baby-faced meh.

Poprah! Lol!

Ladies, ladies, no need to fight

Here

http://www.howdoesshe.com/wp-content/uploads/alyshacupcakes.jpg

There are plenty for everyone.

I'm not a Ryan Gosling fan either. You know of my deep and abiding love for Johnny Depp. Also, Nathan Fillion, Benedict Cumberpatch, Johnny Lee Miller (what can I say? I'm a Sherlock Holmes kind of girl), and 2002 Richard Dean Anderson and 1985 Harrison Ford. I've got a lot of love to spread around.

A date-stamp on our hot actor requests? Brilliant idea!

Why you gotta hate on Melissa and Doug???

I thought that was Moses???

I hate to be critical but that would be Noah with the ark not Jesus or Moses. O.o

I didn't think it was literal because the guys in front are all IT professionals and this is some sort of conference that is being hosted at Jurrasic Park. You can tell they are IT guys by the strangely colored polo shirts. If one religious leader was going to show up at an IT conference it would be Jesus. Every IT guy I know is in constant prayer to Jesus. Usually it's a quiet prayer that they utter under their breath when they think I can't hear them.

Examples of how I've witnessed this when they are at my desk helping me with minor computer problems:

"Jesus Amy! How did you get a diskette in this computer upside down."

"Jesus. I didn't realize it was even possible to delete your entire calendar from outlook."

"Oh sweet JESUS. Tell me you didn't open that file attachement named "Happy Bunny Christmas Easter Card with Pictures of Dancing Babies". We didn't send out a warning email because we figure nobody would be stupid enough to open that link."

Sometimes they just hold their head in their hands and do a bit of Gregorian style chanting.

"Jesus. Jesus. Jesus."

Personally I think art is in the eye of the beholder so if I say it's Jesus addressing a bunch of IT guys at a conference taking placing at Jurasic Park then I think it's rude to suggest it's not.

Either that or my eyes are worse than I think they are.

Could be that I suppose.

A date-stamp on our hot actor requests? Brilliant idea!

Oh my gosh yes. Mel Gibson like 30 years ago. Before he decided to repeatedly prove that he was a dirtbag.

I think it's time

connery-1-th.jpg

Picture this. A little cabin in the mountains. Snowed in. Plenty of hot chocolate and cheez its. A quiet evening by the fire listening to him read every book I own to aloud to me. :)

And yes, I know it's all in fun and jest and I'm not butt hurt about it, so relax!! :thumbup1:

I've been around the interwebs for a while and must admit never having heard that one before. Is that some really odd and nasty reference to something?

As far as the awesome picture of Jesus, the dinosaurs, ark, and IT guys, I think it is probably the world from God's perspective since he lies outside of time and can see it all at once.

I've been around the interwebs for a while and must admit never having heard that one before. Is that some really odd and nasty reference to something?

As far as the awesome picture of Jesus, the dinosaurs, ark, and IT guys, I think it is probably the world from God's perspective since he lies outside of time and can see it all at once.

It's web lingo that means really offended or feeling hurt by something someone said. Not nasty at all! :ohmy:

Butthurt is a common saying, especially online. It means to have an overly emotional response to something.

It's web lingo that means really offended or feeling hurt by something someone said. Not nasty at all! :ohmy:

My bad - I wasn't and am NOT about to google that one to figure it out for myself! :)

I didn't think it was literal because the guys in front are all IT professionals and this is some sort of conference that is being hosted at Jurrasic Park. You can tell they are IT guys by the strangely colored polo shirts. If one religious leader was going to show up at an IT conference it would be Jesus. Every IT guy I know is in constant prayer to Jesus. Usually it's a quiet prayer that they utter under their breath when they think I can't hear them.

Sometimes they just hold their head in their hands and do a bit of Gregorian style chanting.

Yes! I'm married to an IT guy and you nailed it!