Menu

Big Bang Theory

So, I apparently live under a rock and only just recently caught an episode of the Big Bang Theory. :tongue_smilie:

But oh. my. goodness. It was SO funny!!! Of course now I'd like to go back to the first episode and watch from the beginning.

My question...is there any way to watch it online? It doesn't look like it is available to stream via Netflix or Hulu Plus. Any other suggestions?

No idea to your questions, but I too have just discovered the show. My dad came down to visit a few weeks ago, and he was raving about it (it was all he could talk about!). After he kept referring to DS9 as "Sheldon", I decided it was time to see what he was talking about.

I'm not a fan of sitcoms, but Big Bang actually made me laugh out loud. :)

There is one cable channel that runs it in 3 or 4 hour blocks, but I'm not sure which one. We don't have cable, but I saw it while staying in a hotel.

If you like Star Trek they have Will Wheaton on and other caste members occasionally.

And of course, a certain WTM homeschooling mom/actress.

There is one cable channel that runs it in 3 or 4 hour blocks, but I'm not sure which one. We don't have cable, but I saw it while staying in a hotel.

If you like Star Trek they have Will Wheaton on and other caste members occasionally.

s

We don't have cable either. Just Hulu Plus and Netflix.

About the WTM homeschooling mom/actress, I must really live under a rock...:confused::confused::confused:

TBS.

Edited by Heather in PNW

I know some people might jump on me for this.

But, ... If you liked Big Bang theory, and cant find it, you should try "Better of Ted".

(Notice this is my opinion, I know we have many hard core BBT fans on this board)

Big Bang theory has many moments that make me feel akward. Lots of scenes where various characters are put down by other characters, again, and again, ...

"Better off Ted" has all the great humor of BBT put hardly any awkward scenes. The various characters, even the big boss cares about everyone and for the most part treats everyone with respect - most of the time. Or if not they make up for it before the episode is over.

On average I have more laugh out loud, or "You got to see" momments with Ted then with BBT.

She's here?!?

My husband has taken to knocking on my office door saying, "Amy...Amy...Amy..." I'd like to think he and I have a better relationship than Amy and Sheldon, though.

But Mayim Bialik -- I've been a fan for a long time.

I went to Caltech, the school where they supposedly are, for my undergraduate degree and I'll just say that the real nerds aren't too different from those on the show.

So, I apparently live under a rock and only just recently caught an episode of the Big Bang Theory. :tongue_smilie:

But oh. my. goodness. It was SO funny!!! Of course now I'd like to go back to the first episode and watch from the beginning.

My question...is there any way to watch it online? It doesn't look like it is available to stream via Netflix or Hulu Plus. Any other suggestions?

We just discovered it last week. We love it!

A friend lent me her copies of the full seasons of 1-4. I'm enjoying the show, although I won't let my 15 year old watch it - way too much sex and innuendo for me to be comfortable letting him watch it.

I don't find it 'bust a gut' funny, more like a 'ha' and smile. Although there have been a couple scenes (when Penny gives Sheldon the Christmas gift!) I nearly wet myself at that....

We love Big Bang Theory here. One of our ds is a mini-Sheldon. He has his own spot on the couch and at the kitchen table and woe betide anyone who accidentally sits there. :tongue_smilie: He's also our little genius and has been known to go off on a Sheldonesque monologue about something the rest of us either only mildly understand or don't understand at all. And he's very routine oriented and doesn't like change. Thankfully he's a bit more socially adapted.

Our kids only know rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock. As far as they're concerned, it's the only way to play. :lol:

They show repeats on TBS several times a week, so it's easy to catch older episodes that way if you have cable.

About the WTM homeschooling mom/actress, I must really live under a rock...:confused::confused::confused:

Mayim Balik. I've wondered if she's on this board. I personally think it was her that introduced the words kerfluffle and twaddle into one of the recent episodes. :tongue_smilie:

I wish Netflix had streaming of this show. We just got the discs.

Mayim Balik. I've wondered if she's on this board. I personally think it was her that introduced the words kerfluffle and twaddle into one of the recent episodes. :tongue_smilie:

I wish Netflix had streaming of this show. We just got the discs.

Oh yes...that makes sense. It would be fun if she were here!

CBS doesn't make any of its shows available for streaming for some reason. Unless your library has the dvd's, it's worth getting Netflix long enough to get the past seasons.

Also if you don't have cable, but are able to get off the air stations, MyNetworkTV runs it every night. They don't seem to be in any particular order, but that doesn't really matter.