Menu

How to age gracefully?

Ok, the big 40 is looming very closely. I do not want to be middle aged. I want to be young and having beautiful babies to love.

My body has shut down my dreams of more babies. Premature ovarian failure before my 39th birthday. Barring a major miracle, that dream is totally gone. I do believe in God and miracles, so there is still hope in my heart. We adopted our first three dc, and then had two totally impossible surprise pregnancies. I just long for one more. All of our children came to our family so quickly that I never really enjoyed any of their infancies. We had five children age four and under when our youngest was born. It all happened so fast!

I'm going grey. I am coloring until I am completely grey, but I still hate knowing why I am coloring.

Things are definitely starting to sag. Although I'm definitely not overweight, I just about cried when I really looked at myself in the mirror. My books are moving south and I don't think they'll be moving back north after the winter. I can still buy my bookshelves in the girls' department, so things look grimmer than they would if I were more amply endowed. Think shriveled and pathetic.

My face is starting to sag. I used to feel pretty. Now I just feel...droopy.

I'm starting to get the old lady fanny.

I never thought I was vain. Now I think I am. I am actually considering cosmetic surgery. I just feel like I suddenly look old, but I don't feel old.

I know I should start exercising more regularly. I just need to find a good, low impact DVD because everyone I know has ruined his/her knees and back when getting on the "stop the aging " kick we all seem to go through.

I feel like my life is almost over and I've only had a few really good years. The rest have been traumatic/just endure and get through years.

Sigh. Self-centered whine over. Thanks for listening. Please don't yell at me. I "know" 40 isn't old...but....you know what I mean.

Buy or go to the library to get the book How Not to Look Old. This will answer most of your questions.

Ignore people that discourage vigorous exercise. Plenty of people in their 40s start running for the first time and are perfectly fine. Maybe look into the Couch to 5K program.

When we get in our 40s, we need to make more effort. It's ok.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Honestly, I'll bet you look just fine. The mirror can really play tricks on us, and if you're already feeling old, you're going to "see old" when you look in the mirror.

As for exercise, start with something like walks around the block or Leslie Sansone DVDs (in-home walking and relatively light toning exercises.) You can't change your body in a day, so don't even bother trying. Once you can do the Leslie DVDs easily, maybe you could try something like Zumba or one of the Beachbody programs. But take it very easy at first, because as you said, you don't want to get injured -- or discouraged!

I'm 49, and for the most part, I'm OK with it... but talk to me next September when I'm turning 50 and we'll see if I'm still so positive about the whole aging thing... ;)

If you're comfortable doing it, why not post a photo of yourself here? I'll bet lots of people will be able to give you some encouragement, and some ideas on what you can do with your hair/clothes/makeup to look and feel a bit more youthful. It sounds like you're stuck in a rut! :grouphug:

Sigh. Self-centered whine over. Thanks for listening. Please don't yell at me. I "know" 40 isn't old...but....you know what I mean.

I'm pushing 50, and I think turning 40 was a lot more difficult.

I think it's important to take care of yourself, keep changing up your workouts and eating habits to find what keeps you healthy and happy. I think being happy is important to aging gracefully.

Remember that aging beats the alternative. We all know people who have died young from accidents and cancer. While I am still able to enjoy life, I plan to be happy and not stress over going grey and having assorted body parts go south.

I turned 40 last year. It hit me pretty hard (nothing changed - just felt really "old" all of a sudden). So I get it. :grouphug:

Aging gracefully really hinges on faithfully implementing the advice we've all heard most of our lives: eat a healthy diet, drink lots of water, and exercise. I'm working on establishing better habits for myself - it's a process. ;)

A book I've found really helpful is "The Perricone Weight-Loss Diet: A Simple 3-Part Plan To Lose the Fat, the Wrinkles, and the Years". Although there's "diet" in the title, it's really about changing to a healthy way of eating that will reduce inflammation and nourish your body and your skin - reducing and even reversing skin damage that comes with aging. I really believe that beauty comes from the inside out - what you put into your body has the greatest impact on how you age, not what you put on your skin. This book does a great job explaining that connection and how to use this information to slow down the aging process.

... and realised that looking young is not the only good way to look. I look right for my age, I'm reasonably fit, I keep a good haircut and I clean up pretty well. There's a right way to look at my age (49) and it's not the same as the right way to look at 20.

Laura

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I know some women who are still trying to compete with the 20 year-olds. Botox, cosmetic procedures, too-young clothing and makeup... frankly, it's just kind of sad. My feeling is that I had my time as the 20 year-old and now it's someone else's turn. It's my turn to be 49.

Sure, I want to look my best, but I think it's a serious mistake to try to look dramatically younger than you are.

Also, when people guess your age as being younger than you are, be happy and flattered, but also remember that EVERYONE lies about stuff like that. If people tell you that you don't look a day over 35, they really think you're at least 40-45, but want to guess low so they don't embarrass both of you by guessing that you're older than you are. My completely unsubstantiated opinion is that most people take the age they think you are, subtract 10 years from that, and that's the age they tell you that you look.

I'll give a different perspective. I am 25, and there is nothing more inspiring than a woman over 40. Some of my biggest apperance role models are my friends that are nearing their 50s. Why? Because, unlike women my own age, they have learned to walk with their shoulders back, head up, and that they can dress with dignity and grace. It's the confidence that is so attractive and inspiring. For all I know they hate being in their 40s, but they don't show it on the outside. So from my perspective, I say embrace the age and the differences!

Oh, and I personally like the silvering/greying hair of my older friends.

Thanks for the encouragement, dear ones.

I know I have so much for which to be grateful and thankful. That's why I get so angry at myself for being upset over how I look. It's so unimportant in the big picture. I don't look like I've let myself go or anything like that. I do the hair and makeup and get updated styles as the urge strikes me. I wear clothes that flatter, at least when I go out of the house, which is usually just for church or maybe a shopping trip. The rest of the time I'm in not-mom jeans and knit long sleeved tops layered with other stuff because I'm always freezing. I do feel like I'm in a rut, but I really don't know what else I can do with myself or to myself. :lol:

I do need to make some dietary changes, fewer processed foods, more homemade from scratch cooking. I'm trying to get into green smoothies. I just don't like the taste of them and end up gagging my way through them.

:tongue_smilie: the problem is that I always end up loosing weight when I make these changes and I don't want to lose. For the record I'm 5'4" and weigh about 113 give or take a couple pounds. I feel healthiest at this weight, so I don't want to go down any further.

I will gladly look into all suggested resources. Keep 'em coming. You guys are, as always, the best at helping a gal out.

I finally made exercise a priority when I turned 39.

I started with a weekly Pilates reformer class that strengthened my core muscles, improved my posture, and eliminated my back pain.

Then I bought an elliptical machine. I chose that over a treadmill in part because my family has a history of knee problems. On vacation this summer, I had to run instead of using my elliptical, and I could definitely tell the difference in my knees.

Now, I don't have a model body, but I feel much healthier than I did in my 30s.

I get it. Me too. I wish my body would look and feel like the woman that resides in it too. Instead of this middle aged woman that seems to have arrived out of no where.

Youth is wasted on the young.:glare::tongue_smilie::grouphug:

Martha, this is totally what I was trying to express.

I'm 48 and try really hard to stay young-ish looking because. . . well, you might as well use it while you have it.

So I keep my weight down, color my hair, pay for a good haircut etc. I do need to work out more, but I know people aren't sure how old I am.

Two things that might help:

1) I met a woman who was 51 and -- no kidding -- she looked like a 22 year old from behind. She had a really youthful attitude too. She had the money to keep her long blonde hair colored and she ran long distance so, yeah, she had the body in spades.

We left the state when she was 55 and she still looked amazing. This was my introduction that the world has changed big time. If you want to look grandma-ish: go for it. But if you'd like to stay youthful looking, you can do that too.

2) I love watching Maggie Smith on Downton Abbey. To me, she is beautiful and has helped me see that even in our 80's we can be cool.

I also say get that book that someone already mentioned called How to Look Young. It's a good book.

One more "also" -- my mom had a good friend who died young (68) of lung cancer. But even up to her death she looked great. She kept her weight down (she'd given up cigarettes in her 40's), spent money on hair color and clothes. She was "hot."

The world has really changed. You don't need to look droopy or frumpy. Make yourself happy. That's my motto. And I find that my dh will harp about money, but the minute I'm spending money on looking pretty he's perfectly fine with me spending it.

Hang in there -- in 2012 this is very do-able! :grouphug:

Alley

i'm 41, so i get what you're saying:grouphug:. getting older has a lot of benefits too! for example, my face doesn't have baby fat anymore! lol. also, i care less about what other people think. setting boundaries, speaking my peace, expressing my needs, not taking things so seriously, letting stuff go, laughing more -- that's all from getting older.

the thing is, the first half of my life is over. it's done. i won't dwell on how i looked yesterday or what i did with those years. i will never be mistaken for a twenty-something year old again. i am officially a mom and a woman that is referred to as MRS. the second half of my life is beginning now. what do i want to do with it? well... i took up running. i started sewing. i'm learning to coupon (which sounds lame, lol...but i'm really having fun!). i am trying to learn to do a split! and can i tell ya... it hurts! lol i'm focusing more on health and realizing that beautiful doesn't mean youthful. :D age really is just a number.

happy early birthday! i pray this decade is the best yet!!!:grouphug:

Oh...this is so me. I am turning 40 soon too and out of nowhere I have been feeling the same way you are!

Nothing is as it once was. We are done having babies (barring a surprise which would thrill me and cause my DH to faint...). I have a sag under my chin. The wrinkles I always found so distinguished on my Gram are not looking good on me. I am two weeks overdue for a color, and even my children are shocked at how much gray there is at the roots. I always swore I'd never do anything "fake" and just age gracefully. Dude. :001_huh:

But you know what? I like the inside me SO much better than the 20 something me who had perky books and wore a size 4 on my bloated days. I took up martial arts at age 36 and although it looks NOTHING like it would had I started in my childhood, I still feel great doing something new and challenging myself.

All this to say...I hear you. Thank you for writing this thread. I really get it.

... and realised that looking young is not the only good way to look. I look right for my age, I'm reasonably fit, I keep a good haircut and I clean up pretty well. There's a right way to look at my age (49) and it's not the same as the right way to look at 20.

Laura

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

My MIL is one who tries to look younger than her age and ends up looking foolish.

Do what you reasonably can to feel and look your best and enjoy being where you are. Don't miss the moment by wishing for something else!

Edited by ScoutTN

Oh, I hear you, OP! :grouphug: I turned 44 today. :glare: It stinks, but what can you do? I definitely am finding being in my 40s to be a rough time. Looks are fading, body is changing, health issues are imminent. I never had any issues at all in my 30s, but that sure changed once I turned 40. I'm just hoping that I survive my 40s and maybe I'll have a better perspective once I am 50.

Ok, the big 40 is looming very closely. I do not want to be middle aged. I want to be young and having beautiful babies to love.

My body has shut down my dreams of more babies. Premature ovarian failure before my 39th birthday. Barring a major miracle, that dream is totally gone. I do believe in God and miracles, so there is still hope in my heart. We adopted our first three dc, and then had two totally impossible surprise pregnancies. I just long for one more. All of our children came to our family so quickly that I never really enjoyed any of their infancies. We had five children age four and under when our youngest was born. It all happened so fast!

I'm going grey. I am coloring until I am completely grey, but I still hate knowing why I am coloring.

Things are definitely starting to sag. Although I'm definitely not overweight, I just about cried when I really looked at myself in the mirror. My books are moving south and I don't think they'll be moving back north after the winter. I can still buy my bookshelves in the girls' department, so things look grimmer than they would if I were more amply endowed. Think shriveled and pathetic.

My face is starting to sag. I used to feel pretty. Now I just feel...droopy.

I'm starting to get the old lady fanny.

I never thought I was vain. Now I think I am. I am actually considering cosmetic surgery. I just feel like I suddenly look old, but I don't feel old.

I know I should start exercising more regularly. I just need to find a good, low impact DVD because everyone I know has ruined his/her knees and back when getting on the "stop the aging " kick we all seem to go through.

I feel like my life is almost over and I've only had a few really good years. The rest have been traumatic/just endure and get through years.

I dislocated my knee a few years ago and my physiotherapist said that a lot of knee problems occur because there isn't enough strength in the surrounding muscles. He felt that strength training would help me avoid another dislocation. Perhaps (and I'm totally guessing) one of the reasons people end up having knee injuries is because they do things like running or high impact aerobics without a lot of strength training to go along with it.

Thanks for the encouragement, dear ones.

I know I have so much for which to be grateful and thankful. That's why I get so angry at myself for being upset over how I look. It's so unimportant in the big picture. I don't look like I've let myself go or anything like that. I do the hair and makeup and get updated styles as the urge strikes me. I wear clothes that flatter, at least when I go out of the house, which is usually just for church or maybe a shopping trip. The rest of the time I'm in not-mom jeans and knit long sleeved tops layered with other stuff because I'm always freezing. I do feel like I'm in a rut, but I really don't know what else I can do with myself or to myself. :lol:

I do need to make some dietary changes, fewer processed foods, more homemade from scratch cooking. I'm trying to get into green smoothies. I just don't like the taste of them and end up gagging my way through them.

:tongue_smilie: the problem is that I always end up loosing weight when I make these changes and I don't want to lose. For the record I'm 5'4" and weigh about 113 give or take a couple pounds. I feel healthiest at this weight, so I don't want to go down any further.

I will gladly look into all suggested resources. Keep 'em coming. You guys are, as always, the best at helping a gal out.

:grouphug:

Hon, I feel like this once a month ;).

And you couldn't pay me to gag down a green smoothie :tongue_smilie:.

Things I know look good on me, at the advanced age of 42:

* a good haircut with color and layers

* a good b00kshelf and feminine cut shirts and tees

* boots and skirts

* a flattering pair of jeans--there's a pair out there for all of us :001_smile:

* simple makeup to even out skin and mascara to brighten eyes

and a huge one I overlooked for years!

* getting my brows done when I get my hair done!

Also, when people guess your age as being younger than you are, be happy and flattered, but also remember that EVERYONE lies about stuff like that. If people tell you that you don't look a day over 35, they really think you're at least 40-45, but want to guess low so they don't embarrass both of you by guessing that you're older than you are. My completely unsubstantiated opinion is that most people take the age they think you are, subtract 10 years from that, and that's the age they tell you that you look.

This is not entirely true. My next-door neighbour is 68 yo, she's tall, slim, wears her hair in short bob, and has a perfect, almost wrinkle-free complexion - she's beautiful, and really doesn't look a day over 40. She almost certainly hasn't spent a penny on any cosmetic enhancements, she's far too wise and down-to-earth. Her own mother died only last year, aged 101, so I suspect excellent genes has something to do with it. I have tried my best to find out if she has some secret formula for eternal youth, but she assures me it's just good luck :tongue_smilie:.

At 40, the money you spend on hair color and a good cut is worth its weight in gold. I do a weekly manicure. A nice nude and a top coat of seche vite and I'm chip free all week. Clothes that fit and flatter. I work out 4-5 times a week, nothing says youth like a perky behind. Lunges and squats and lots of running. A great sunscreen for day (I use the pricey but worth it Shesiedo) and a good cream for every night. This ranges from Retin A, to an AHA from the Drugstore to Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. Also chemical peels help. A good mild one is Mandealic acid. Lastly, white teeth and long eyelashes. I use Target brand whitestrips when my teeth look yellowish. And long and full lashes are so youthful. I can't afford latisse but if you can, it makes a huge improvement. Finally,makeup.....less powder and more tinted mositurizers and cream blushes. More fleshy pinks and corals and less harsh reds and browns. Clinique butter surge and Revlon lipbutters are glossy and not heavy. And finally, nothing is as youthful as a confident woman who is comfortable in her own skin, loves life and still feels young on the inside. It radiates from within and you can't fake it or buy it:)

PS almost forgot one ofthe most important things! A great fitting bra that keeps the ladies on the northern hemisphere. A trip to Nordstom and spending more for a Wacoal bra can really help. I bought a minimizer that actually fit me perfectly and was asked for a month if I had " lost weight".

I just looked for the book that was mentioned, How to Look Young, and I'm striking out on Amazon. Could you let me know who the author is? There are lots of similar sounding titles, but I'm not certain which one you are recommending.

I think a huge part of my problem is that I'm reconciling the fact that if I stop taking my estrogen and progesterone meds, I am in instant menopause. My periods are fake. I know there are medical reasons to do the whole HRT thing, but it really sucks. I would love to stop doing the hormones, but then I would look a whole lot worse a whole lot faster. I didn't even go through "the change". It just sruck like lightning, taking my fertility hopes with it. My mother wasn't through menopause until she hit 53. I guess I feel like I skipped about 15 years of my life in a few short months.

:grouphug:

Hon, I feel like this once a month ;).

And you couldn't pay me to gag down a green smoothie :tongue_smilie:.

Things I know look good on me, at the advanced age of 42:

* a good haircut with color and layers

* a good b00kshelf and feminine cut shirts and tees

* boots and skirts

* a flattering pair of jeans--there's a pair out there for all of us :001_smile:

* simple makeup to even out skin and mascara to brighten eyes

and a huge one I overlooked for years!

* getting my brows done when I get my hair done!

I have an eyebrow question for you. I have been blessed with very thick, full eyebrows (Brooke Shields-esque). I was admonished as a teen to never do anything to my brows, short of plucking a couple random strays below the brow line, as needed. Does this change with age? Have I been heeding the wrong advice all these years?

I just looked for the book that was mentioned, How to Look Young, and I'm striking out on Amazon. Could you let me know who the author is? There are lots of similar sounding titles, but I'm not certain which one you are recommending.

I think a huge part of my problem is that I'm reconciling the fact that if I stop taking my estrogen and progesterone meds, I am in instant menopause. My periods are fake. I know there are medical reasons to do the whole HRT thing, but it really sucks. I would love to stop doing the hormones, but then I would look a whole lot worse a whole lot faster. I didn't even go through "the change". It just sruck like lightning, taking my fertility hopes with it. My mother wasn't through menopause until she hit 53. I guess I feel like I skipped about 15 years of my life in a few short months.

Just sent you a PM.

I have an eyebrow question for you. I have been blessed with very thick, full eyebrows (Brooke Shields-esque). I was admonished as a teen to never do anything to my brows, short of plucking a couple random strays below the brow line, as needed. Does this change with age? Have I been heeding the wrong advice all these years?

I think it does change. I never plucked mine. Ever. They were a lovely shape and not too thick or thin. Last year my hairdresser asked if I wanted my brows waxed while she was conditioning. I told her to go ahead.

It hurt, because I certainly wasn't used to it, but she gave them such a nice shape and it really gave my eyes a lift! I hadn't thought my brows had changed, but apparently they had....or my face did :tongue_smilie:.

I have read nothing past the OP....

I am 45.

My face around my mouth sags in a weird way, which is my biggest complaint.

I color my hair, which is 50% gray if I don't color it.

I need to lose 20-30 pounds. I might never lose 20-30 pounds.

I buy very supportive bras. Hike those babies up, girlfriend!

I will not have cosmetic surgery. I will accept this 45 year old body and not fight it too much, except for the hair part. I will fight that battle as long as I feel like it. :D

I think the first thing you need to do is start looking at where you are and enjoying it and not look at the past and want to be there. It drives me crazy when people do that - whether it's their own age or the age of their children. They wish for the baby days and I'm thinking, that'll never happen. Look at where your children are at now and enjoy them now. And for women, we need to look at where we are and the beauty of it because there is beauty at every age, and physical beauty is not all there is. There are physically gorgeous young women who are ugly because they are foolish and selfish women and do nobody any good. Yes, our insides do manifest themselves on our countenance. Now, that's not to say we should not take good physical care of ourselves, because that is important. But, I think the thing we should start with is a good outlook on life and a smile on our face. I believe there are certain things that tell a woman's age no matter what she does to hide it (most of it is in the eyes) and it's foolish to spend too much time and effort and money fighting a losing battle, when what really makes a difference is cultivating the kind of person that we are.

I'm 40 and suddenly seeing the years on my face and body. I've been thinking a lot lately how easy it is to have a warped view of yourself. Six months ago I basically looked the same but after my birthday I'm more focused on flaws. I'm so ready to get past that!

I don't feel like I try to act younger than I am, but I do have tattoos and prefer my hair blue.:001_smile: That's just me. I love ska and punk rock.

I'm a bit loud and aggressive, but I try to keep that private.

Having said that, aging gracefully is important to me. I like to live life beautifully. I like to try and be my best for myself, my family, and the world around me. I keep trying and trying!

Some things I work on are:

-offering warm smiles

-good posture and moving gracefully in general

-excellent grooming skills

-forcing myself to get rid of frumpy clothing, dressing for the occasion

-healthy breathing habits

-keeping up with current events

-pursuing my interests in the arts

-trying to refrain from gossip

-clean diet

-sweating in a sauna and stretching

-being sincere and helpful

-a few classic pieces of jewelry :001_smile:

Edited by helena
Oooo! On my phone, excuse my writing! :)

Laura

Nicely said. I agree.

On the superficial side, I am grateful for Retin A, and (fairly) regular highlights for the gray. :)

I do not want to look like a fool trying to be an age I am not.

However, my kids are not as physically needy as they were 10 years ago, so i feel even more energetic.

Edited by LibraryLover

I'm 45. It feels weird, because that sounds older than I feel. I was in "The Music Man" over the summer, and it was fun, but in my heart, I felt like I could still be Marian, KWIM? And I have a youthful voice still. But I have been learning to be a character actor. Last year, I was Sister Berthe in "The Sound of Music". I was Lady Bracknell in "The Importance of Being Earnest", although I felt like I could just as easily have been Gwendolyn.

I do think my face looks a little droopy now. I color my hair. As far as my fitness and how my body looks, I am eating a good diet, and as of a few months ago, I get a lot of exercise! I lift weights and do cardio three times a week, ride a horse once a week, and do another session of cardio or yoga once a week. I am getting stronger, which is so cool! I have added 45 lbs. to my leg press weight already. I can lift the saddle onto the horse by myself.

I think doing non-Mom things is helpful. It helps to think of yourself as, well, yourself, and not some idea of a middle-aged mom. I act, sing, am moving into directing theatre, ride horses, lift weights, read, etc. I get together with friends as much as I can. I plan to treat myself to some cute clothes when a bit more weight comes off.

Wendi

Laura

:iagree:

I don't want to look 20. I don't want to look 30. I'm 41 and the mother of 7 kids and I want to look nice, healthy, and classy.

My hair is 25% grey (at the temples mostly), so when I pull it back I look like the bride of Frankenstein. I'm ok with that--now. ( I really hate whitish grey hair growing out under a dye job. I hate it more than I hate being grey.)

I have a 22 yo and an 18 yo and I don't want to look like their contemporaries.

:iagree:

I don't want to look 20. I don't want to look 30. I'm 41 and the mother of 7 kids and I want to look nice, healthy, and classy.

My hair is 25% grey (at the temples mostly), so when I pull it back I look like the bride of Frankenstein. I'm ok with that--now. ( I really hate whitish grey hair growing out under a dye job. I hate it more than I hate being grey.)

I have a 22 yo and an 18 yo and I don't want to look like their contemporaries.

I really like gray hair. Friends who are gray look lovely and right.

Edited by LibraryLover

Look at the amazing women around you that are older than you. I look at my midwife, who is in her 50s and gorgeous and vivacious and bright, despite, or maybe because, of her wrinkles. Those laugh lines are awesome, and show her personality. I look at other women too, and think "I want to be like them when I grow up." Embrace and recognize the beauty of age in others and it will be easier to do in yourself.

I'll wear stiletto heels until I can't stand up any more.

I just won't wear them with mini-skirts like I did when I was younger. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

I've never worn heels in my life. I'm not coordinated enough.

I did just buy a pair of tall black boots and now I'm all paranoid that I'm too old for them.:glare:

:lol::lol::lol:

I've never worn heels in my life. I'm not coordinated enough.

I did just buy a pair of tall black boots and now I'm all paranoid that I'm too old for them.:glare:

Nooooooo! See my previous post with, "Things that I know look good on me": BOOTS and skirts. Boots are awesome. :D

Ok, no short skirts, no stiletto heels. I'm okay so far. :D

Any other specifics?

What kind of makeup is too young?

I think high heels are fine if you like them. :) I was more thinking of the 5" heels. It's nearly impossible to walk! A 70-75 yr old woman may already have knee issues or whatnot. I don't think we need to add extra danger, or possible hip injuries to the mix.

Edited by LibraryLover

But! :) Streep is not gray, and neither is Anna Wintour!

Anna:

http://www.diet-weight-lose.com/celebrity/anna-wintour.php

In the movie it's a silvery grey, I don't know what her natural color is. I think that you can put a silvery grey color on your already grey hair or use specific products to make it less yellow and more radiant. She has a great cut in the movie too, which I think makes a big difference.

I don't want to keep going grey, but I think it can look pretty darn good if you take care of it. It might be fun. :)

In the movie it's a silvery grey, I don't know what her natural color is. I think that you can put a silvery grey color on your already grey hair or use specific products to make it less yellow and more radiant. She has a great cut in the movie too, which I think makes a big difference.

I don't want to keep going grey, but I think it can look pretty darn good if you take care of it. It might be fun. :)

The top layer is still pretty dark (I have very dark hair/eyebrows and pale skin) but with silver scattered through; the under layers are grey. I'm lucky - I have my father's hair, which went from almost black to iron grey to a beautiful silver.

I'm embracing the silver: I wear silver/white gold accessories (necklace, earrings, glasses).

Laura