Menu

On His Way

Wolf's starting the drive back.

2nd interview was a waste of time. Not enough $ for us to survive when our rent dbls by moving to the city.

So, either yesterday's interview pans out, and he gets a job offer by the end of the wk, or the trip has been a waste of time and $.

I just don't know anymore. I really don't. If we stay here, in the chilly mobile, thigns are going to be miserable for me, at least, since the cold makes RSD worse.

I don't know how we'd make the $ stretch through the winter.

I just feel depressed.

Wolf's starting the drive back.

2nd interview was a waste of time. Not enough $ for us to survive when our rent dbls by moving to the city.

So, either yesterday's interview pans out, and he gets a job offer by the end of the wk, or the trip has been a waste of time and $.

I just don't know anymore. I really don't. If we stay here, in the chilly mobile, thigns are going to be miserable for me, at least, since the cold makes RSD worse.

I don't know how we'd make the $ stretch through the winter.

I just feel depressed.

:grouphug: Right there with you Imp. Dh hasn't received a check in a month, our little bit of savings is almost gone and temp disability is not cooperating AT ALL...a case worker told me today that she 'couldn't guarantee that he would be approved for benefits.' :glare: Ok, so he can't work, we have no money coming in and there is a chance that his disability insurance won't pay?

I'm depressed too. :(

:grouphug: Right there with you Imp. Dh hasn't received a check in a month, our little bit of savings is almost gone and temp disability is not cooperating AT ALL...a case worker told me today that she 'couldn't guarantee that he would be approved for benefits.' :glare: Ok, so he can't work, we have no money coming in and there is a chance that his disability insurance won't pay?

I'm depressed too. :(

:grouphug:

I have a WCB appeal being heard in Jan. Now, *if* the folks on the appeals board have common sense, they'll look at the blatant contradiciton of WCB generating a report saying that a job isn't suitable for me, and then a yr later cutting my income saying I could work that job and make up $x.

Notice I said IF there's common sense. We all know how rare that is. :glare: So, it's absolutely NOT anywhere near a sure thing...more like a lotto ticket. If it happens, we'll be ok for a while longer. If it doesn't, then we're perm hooped, b/c if I lose the appeal, there's nowhere else to go, I'll be stuck w/them decreasing my income on a steady basis, until it's down to 0. (interestingly, they figure that I'd get X% raise in that job...but don't factor in that gee, at my old job, where I was injured, my wage would ALSO have gone up, considerably...so that number doesn't change at all. Really?!)

So yeah. Delightful. And of course, we can't just take a gamble and go wherever, b/c I *have* to be here for the appeal. Too much $ riding on it to *not* be there in person.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: Imp and family.

Searching for a job is awful. Being out of work is awful. We have BTDT several times.

I hope Wolf finds something soon. And that you can get warm.... one of our job losses was in the winter in cold climate.... the people that bought our house wondered why the heat bill was so low, ummmmm, well...... (we weren't running it much). We just wore our coats. No fun I know.

No. No stinkin' thinkin' allowed. Think positive. I like that saying "hope for the best, prepare for the worst." The key is that you have to keep up the hope.

In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to keep scouting for possible jobs. But, keep thinking positive. You'll be out of the mobile for Christmas. I'd bet my sacrificial goat on it. ;)

You can look up WCB appeals with similar facts at canlii.org, if you want. My experience has been that the first level of WCB hearings are perhaps less competent than one would ideally hope for.

This isn't the 1st level. 1st and 2nd level are internal w/WCB. This is the end game, the highest level of appeal.

Audrey, in talking to Wolf...we're pretty much stuck where we are for the winter. Moving means dbling our rent. I just don't see how we'd manage, not when we also took on the vehicle payment, since we'd signed a lease for the house that would have us still saving $, w/the difference in expenses.

Job went, house went, now we're screwed.

No. No stinkin' thinkin' allowed. Think positive. I like that saying "hope for the best, prepare for the worst." The key is that you have to keep up the hope.

In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to keep scouting for possible jobs. But, keep thinking positive. You'll be out of the mobile for Christmas. I'd bet my sacrificial goat on it. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

imp :grouphug::grouphug:

I just wish I had a direction. I feel like we're in quicksand, but there's nothing to grab onto.

When dh and I have faced financial and other crises, I have had to live (for many months) with a mantra of . . . Integrity, mind, health, eachother . . .

Those are the only things that are EVER truly yours, and noone can take them away. I frequently reminded myself and dh that the US (and presumably Canada) no longer has debtors prisons. :)

So, those are the things I hold onto. Eachother, our integrity, our minds (educations/ability to earn livings), and our health. That's it. Everything else is fluff.

(And, you can add God in there if it is meaningful to you.)

Hold tight to eachother. It'll be OK. Just hold tight.

:grouphug:

Is there anything you can do to make the best if the situation? Can you hang up thick curtains on the windows? Hang a sheet in the doorway to keep heat contained to the room? Do you have space heaters? can you cut any bills at all (even a few dollars can make a difference right now)? For example: If you have the Top 200 on Cable for $54, you can cut down to basic cable for $30 OR even drop it for now and always go back to it later when things turn around.

Im sorry IMP. I hope things get better.

Wolf picked up plastic for the windows.

I will be calling our cable co today and seeing if there's downgrades to make.

Probably the biggest issue is that b/c we had a signed lease, on a house that would see our living expenses go down dramatically, we took on a vehicle payment, and put a huge downpayment on it. (Almost 50% of the vehicle price). We'd run the #s, and w/the payment, we'd STILL have been ahead financially, plus building Wolf's credit.

Then job went, house went, and we've now got the same expenses plus the car payment. And higher ins.

We *needed* a new vehicle, our old one, the tranny was going and it wasn't worth the $ to replace it. However, we would have simply bought one outright for what the downpayment was, or less, to get us through if we'd known everything else was going to fall apart.