Menu

what to make with over ripe bananas?

Fruit Slush

6 cups boiling water

3 cups sugar (more or less to taste)

1 – 12 ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate

1 – 12 ounce can frozen pineapple juice concentrate

1 – 12 ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate

2 - 16 ounces frozen strawberries (may substitute fresh)

4 ripe bananas

Dissolve sugar in boiling water. Puree bananas and strawberries in a blender or food processor (add a little water if needed). Combine sugar water, fruit and concentrates together in large container. Pour in to quart containers and freeze. Take out 30 minutes before serving and mash slush (may need to cut with a knife first). Add ginger ale or lemon-lime soda to desired consistency. Serve with a spoon and a straw.

Oops, I see you didn't want a smoothie recipe. Well here is one for those who do.

Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients

2 Strawberries - Frozen

1/3 c. milk

1/3 c. banilla yogurt (Stonyfield)

1/3 Tbsp. honey

1 small banana

ice

BLEND WELL

Or you can leave out the Strawberries, make the other ingredients 1/4 cup. Add 1 TBSP honey. YUM

Edited by Michelle My Bell

Freeze them and then throw them in the blender to make ice cream! You can do the bananas alone, or you can add a tablespoon or so of plain yogurt and a bit of vanilla extract. So yummy :)

My dd13 is doing this now! Something she saw on Pinterest, I think? Yesterday she said she wanted to freeze some bananas to make ice cream. She just now blended them up in the blender. She and dd5 said it's really good! (I don't really care for bananas OR ice cream :) )

Freeze them...

then... blend with a tablespoon of milk and make banana ice cream. Can also add in mini chocolate chips, coconut, etc. at the end.

or...blend frozen banana with 1 cup of milk (low fat/skim is fine) and a dash of vanilla...for a delicious healthy banana milkshake