Menu

It.is.snowing.

The first day of fall, our squash & pie pumpkins are still in the garden, and my ds wakes me up with the cry "It's snowing, it's snowing!":eek:

He's out making a snowman.

OOOOOooooooo, say it isn't so! I am hoping to get all that in before it snows here. You must be north of us.

I've got squash and a ton of green tomatoes to get in today.

OOOOOooooooo, say it isn't so! I am hoping to get all that in before it snows here. You must be north of us.

I've got squash and a ton of green tomatoes to get in today.

Pick them!

You might be okay, because the sun is out now, and it stopped. But, they say it's supposed to be colder tonight.....

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm in Minnesota and this is our first winter. We're from the southwest! We went shopping for cold weather clothes yesterday. I'm freaking out!!!

You poor thing. I totally feel for you, because Minnesota is usually really bad (not to make you feel worse:D). I can't imagine living even further north than we do.

Maybe you will luck out, and it will be a mild winter so that you can ease into it.

Or, learn to embrace it, and really get into the winter sports.:001_smile:

Oh, how great! Where is WI? My dh is orginally from Milwaukee area - Wauwatosa.

How I wish it was snowing here.

I read your thread to my 13 yo dd and she's excited about it and wish it was snowing here in NC! It will be some time before iit snows here. That is one thing I do miss. We all like snow and frankly I don't like sunny weather 365 days a year. Too much blinding sun!

Is it predicted to stay?

Last year in upstate NY we got snow before Halloween. It used to happen on a regular basis in my childhood, but global warming put an end to that. Now, the lakes don't even freeze :001_huh:

Anyway, we had snow for Halloween, and that was all the winter we had. So, maybe next month it will be in the 80s.

You poor thing. I totally feel for you, because Minnesota is usually really bad (not to make you feel worse:D). I can't imagine living even further north than we do.

Maybe you will luck out, and it will be a mild winter so that you can ease into it.

Or, learn to embrace it, and really get into the winter sports.:001_smile:

According to the radar snow in Minneapolis today!

The first year is hard, then your body seems to be able to handle the temp changes from room to room better.

According to the radar snow in Minneapolis today!

The first year is hard, then your body seems to be able to handle the temp changes from room to room better.

We moved from coastal CA to the Midwest almost 3 years ago. I also lived mostly in the desert Southwest prior to that. Your body does acclimate! The first fall the days in the 50s required serious bundling. By that spring, a day in the mid 40s was practically tshirt weather. That being said, I am dreading winter. It is the series of dark grey days where I feel as though we have all been immersed in an Ansel Adams photograph that make me feel trapped. I am used to being outside regularly...generally in shorts and flip flips too, not boots and face masks.

Definitely feeling wintry here, but I am hoping it warms up again. I have tons of bulbs to plant for a city garden.

Are you pretty far North? We're in central WI and I don't see anything here...although the radio guy said it was 36 at 8am. Brrr

A Facebook friend's son and husband are Scout camping this weekend and they woke to snow too! I don't know where they are though.

This is sort of unusual for WI. Usually we'll have a cold snap part way through October (central and northern WI) but not much snow until November/December. Even that snow will usually melt. We don't usually start piling until December or even January. This has been an unusually easy year though. I don't think we had snow on the ground hardly at all last winter and it was solid Spring by early March (very unusual). What goes around comes around.

All my tomatoes and tomatillos are outside. I wasn't expecting snow. Hoping it missed us....but 36? Yeah we probably froze.

I'm in Southern WI and thankfully we didn't get any snow. However, last night we got pummeled with hail and the ground was mostly white from that. Since it's currently about 40 degrees, I still have hail pellets piled up along the side of the house. And it's suppose to be a hard freeze tonight, so as much as I hate the thought of going outside today, I will have to go strip my tomato plants. My peppers are in pots on my deck so they will spend the night in my kitchen. The rest of the plants will just have to suffer.

It is 50 and raining here. I'd be willing to bet we see some snow flurries tonight. It says it's supposed to be 39 but we'll see. I have a feeling we're going to have a doozy of a winter after our half-butt one last winter.

There is a reason that at least here in Michigan the birds started flocking and migrating in August and why the salmon were running before Labor Day. I wouldn't count on it being a mild winter this year. ;) I think we're about to see our payback for the mild winter and hot spring/summer. But I'm pretty excited since we haven't had a good snowy winter in about 12 years.