Menu

s/o diaper brand...does it make a difference?

What diapers do you recommend  

1. 1. What diapers do you recommend

• Huggies
    • Pampers
    • Luvs
    • Target brand
    • Walgreen brand
    • any name brand...they are all the same
    • any generic...don't waste the $$$ on the name brand
    • other

Yes, there is a difference between the paper diapers. :tongue_smilie: I generally prefer cloth diapers rather than paper diapers, but my little guy has had to be in paper for most of his diaperling time.

I quickly learned to only buy Huggies or Pampers. I'd buy whichever of the two was cheapest the day I went shopping, but preferred Huggies for scent reasons alone. Pampers are on the perfumey side. Well, and Huggles seemed more durable when the spares would get left in the van, or smooshed under the couch. Pampers outer layer would tear more easily under such duress.

That Luvs commercial? Real moms use Luvs? P'shaw. The tabs would came off in my hand, and they'd leak before you made it out of Costco. This real mom doesn't intentionally pay for paper diapers that don't work. :tongue_smilie:

Every. single. time. I'd try to skimp and buy a generic, they'd leak on his clothes. Or the tabs would rip. Or the elastic wasn't strong enough to keep stinky objects where they belonged. (The latter complaint was not because he was wearing the wrong size.)

Huggies or Pampers when paper diapers are needed. No exceptions or substitutes.

This week however? He's wearing real skivvies. :D I had to pick other things up at Target, but not diapers. He got a couple new toy cars as a thank you instead. ;)

I think it does. Just like clothes fit differently on different people, diapers fit differently on different babies. I tried several brands before I realized that the Pampers didn't leak on us. My niece's kids all wore Huggies because all of the others leaked for them.

FWIW, the poll let me choose two selections, so I chose Pampers and other.

I voted pampers and other. If I had to do it all over again, I would cloth diaper. (The ladies in our homeschool group who do seem to have had more success with the cloth than I had with the disposable.) if I had to ue disposables, I would use Pampers, everything else leaked for us with all three.

I am a cloth diaper user, but I also use disposable when out.

I voted huggies, but my favorite used to be pampers. Like the pp my ds got the chemical burn from the drymax that they added in. We had been a pampers only (swaddlers and cruisers) when not in cloth family. While DS2 was using diapers pampers made the switch. One box he was fine, then I used the new box and his skin turned angry red and bled and sloughed a bit. It was horrid. The same thing happened with DS4 at the hospital when the hospital package of pampers where used on him. So I switched to huggies. The fit is not as good as pampers for us. We have long and lanky babies, but it is decent and doesnt leak as bad as the off-brand ones.

When costco came out with the kirkland diapers, I asked and they said they were made by pampers and were comparable to pampers baby dry. That made sense to me as costco used to sell pampers cruisers and huggies, but when the kirkland brand came they stopped selling pampers and continued selling huggies. Whenever kirkland swallows a company's product, they dont continue to sell the previous identical item next to the kirkland marked one.

My other kids could wear cloth or any old generic disposable and had no problems whatsoever. My daughter's hiney is very sensitive and the only thing, and I mean ONLY thing that she can wear is Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive. I tried cloth with her, Huggies, Luvs, Pampers, Parent's Choice, Seventh Generation, Earth's Best, and Natural Choice diapers by Nature's Babycare. She can't even wear regular Swaddlers, just the sensitive. I know that have aloe and, I believe, vitamin E in them.

I have them delivered because it's cheaper and they generally hard to find in stores.

It has been 14 years since I used diapers, but what I found way back then was that the brand DOES make a difference. A huge difference. BUT, the brand depends on the baby. Babies are not built all the same. Babies do not move the same. Babies do not poo and pee all the same (that sounds weird, but I do mean it!). Different brands work better on different kids. I'd hope for gifts of different brands and give them a try to see what this kiddo's best brand was! Of course, that brand can change as they grow...:tongue_smilie:

Yes, I agree with this. I love Pampers and Luvs. I dislike Huggies. My daughter tried a pack of Target diapers last week and they did a good job for her. Her brother tried a pack of Target diapers as well last week and he still has a rash from them. :001_huh: We have been buying Walmart brand recently and my sister was impressed with the amount they hold (my son holds in his pee until the last possible moment). Then we bought a new pack the other day and they changed the way they were designed. Now they suck majorly. :glare: I remember when one of my sons was little, we were given a huge stack of random diapers. Each and every one seemed just a touch different. I actually kept one of the diapers because I loved it so much. I wanted to figure out what it was but I never did. Now I'm back to figuring out what diapers I need to buy. I never could recommend a diaper brand. I'd probably buy a box of what I like and a receipt so they can be returned if it didn't work out.

We used Pampers Newborn, I too like the line, especially when I'm that sleep deprived. We used cloth most of the time beyond that during the day and Pampers at night, until they get a little older, then Huggies Night Time diapers (larger sizes, better overnight coverage). We potty train with cloth. I voted Pampers, since that is what we begin with.

When we started fostering, we started getting Luvs from amazon (mom prime) as they were the best value. That seemed to work fine for everyone also.

Then we got Monkey and have fought diaper rash something awful. I bought cloth from some ladies on here. Love using cloth. Seriously.

But Monkey has MRSA so new baby can't share diaper with her so is wearing plastic diapers. Well, he has tummy issues and that with the Luvs was tearing his backside up. So I tried the Walmart brand (his caseworker hand brought them). MUCH better. Well, except they were the wrong size. So I bought Huggies yesterday. Again, he's doing better. HOWEVER, Monkey wore one of the Huggies to bed last night and woke up soaked through AND red this morning.

Soooooooo...

Oh, and another fostermom, she uses only Pampers because of her baby's breaking out.

So it really depends on the kid.

I would *guess* that most babies would be just fine regardless of what you got.