Menu

You are all going to be SO JEALOUS

Guess who I hung out with tonight? That's right, MariannNOVA. :D

She has an AMAZING home...totally gorgeous and this "little guest house" she is graciously letting us stay in? Um, yeah, it is BEAUTIFUL. It is fabulously decorated down to the last detail.

Her children are so beautiful and totally delightful. Her dh is friendly and charming. And she is a STITCH! Even her dogs are awesome!

So no matter what you are doing right now it is nowhere near as fun as hanging out with her. :tongue_smilie:

Dd is in NOVA this summer having the time of her life, and I wanted to skip on up to the area for the Fourth, to go see the Capitol Fourth with her. (We always watch on the toob before fireworks here). I even PMed Marianne about a meetup with you guys, but instead I've been dealing with the house-cleanout from Hades.

It's over now, but I won't thread-jack you anymore...I'll just invite you to my JAWM, pat-myself-on-the-back thread, the one that entitled "Look what I've been doing"

Umm, that's still thread jacking, isn't it! Yikes. OK, ladies, please finish here, post a nicely jealous comment (yep, color me green, too) and then please come cheer me on. K, Please?

Oh you should definitely come for a visit. She is super nice and would love to have you!

No, no, I want her to come here!

(In all honesty, the idea of travelling w/RSD makes me cringe. I'm actually terrified at the thought).

She has a GUEST HOUSE?!?!?! Sign me up! Marianne, get out your reservation book, we're all taking turns!:lol:

I told her she would make a killing if she advertised it. It is super close to a metrorail station right into DC.

She and her dh said they want to use it to be a blessing to others. And it is DEFINITELY a blessing to us. We could never afford a guest house like this on our Malaysian salary.

Maybe when we leave and all our stuff is gone she will take pics and post them for you all. You have to see what an incredible decorator she is!

She has an AMAZING home...totally gorgeous and this "little guest house" she is graciously letting us stay in? Um, yeah, it is BEAUTIFUL. It is fabulously decorated down to the last detail.

Her children are so beautiful and totally delightful. Her dh is friendly and charming. And she is a STITCH! Even her dogs are awesome!

So no matter what you are doing right now it is nowhere near as fun as hanging out with her. :tongue_smilie:

:w00t: OK -- at 11:30pm I was watching re-runs of Frasier.

You are just so sweet -- I just saw this (wait till you see what I wrote about you). (((hugs)))

I have to tell you (and I will write it here b/c with your itinerary and my schedule, who knows when we will bump into each other), it is so nice to walk out the door and see you in the guest house -- your dh and A and N were having breakfast on the front porch this a.m. THAT WAS SO NICE!!!! I am so thankful that the house is being enjoyed -- we are going to be so sad when you all leave.

So, inquiring minds want to know. . . do you have power?
Yup -- however, yesterday, the main level of our house didn't have a/c.....but dh figured it out and we are okay today.

I KNEW what this was going to say before I even clicked on it! YES! I'm utterly and COMPLETELY jealous!!!!!

I want to meet you BOTH!

Come ahead, MSPolly -- come this week and you can. (((hugs)))

awww! How fun!
Thank you

Totally jealous.

Remind Mariann about her adopted kid needing a visit!

How did I know that you would say that? (((hugs to adopted kid)))

That is undoubtedly true.

:D (That is me being pleased for you both but fluro green with envy.)

Rosie

FLURO GREEN would have won you first prize at the 'Neon Pep Rally Costume Contest' (((hugs)))

Dd is in NOVA this summer having the time of her life, and I wanted to skip on up to the area for the Fourth, to go see the Capitol Fourth with her. (We always watch on the toob before fireworks here). I even PMed Marianne about a meetup with you guys, but instead I've been dealing with the house-cleanout from Hades.

It's over now, but I won't thread-jack you anymore...I'll just invite you to my JAWM, pat-myself-on-the-back thread, the one that entitled "Look what I've been doing"

Umm, that's still thread jacking, isn't it! Yikes. OK, ladies, please finish here, post a nicely jealous comment (yep, color me green, too) and then please come cheer me on. K, Please?

I will come cheer you on -- and you are welcome here -- pm me when you need a place to crash.

I woould like photographs. :)

I promise to take them -- mulling over heather's idea to use it as a bed and breakfast -- so photos would be the first step.

As if we would expect anything less from that amazing woman. Totally wish I could be there. Her sense of style, your sense of adventure. Both of you smart as whips. Yeah, that'd be fun! Depressing for me, but fun nonetheless.

Awww, that was so nice, but don't be depressed -- please -- and thank you again -- (((hugs)))

She has a GUEST HOUSE?!?!?! Sign me up! Marianne, get out your reservation book, we're all taking turns!:lol:

And, just so you know, it has a farberware electric coffee pot that makes the BEST coffee. I sent my 'spare' over there. (((hugs)))

Oh, how fun! Enjoy:)
Thank you!

How wonderful!
Thank you -- I love your avatar photo -- is that new?

Lucky duck ;)
Thank you!

Have fun!
You 'could' PM me, send me baby pix, OR come and stay for a visit. (((hugs)))

I *am* jealous! How fun, you two get to hang out together!
Well, we would if the two of us didn't have the most unbelieveably busy schedules. Hoping that tonight maybe we can at least drag them to the pool or drag the kids with us and let Heather and her dh have a 'date.'

I am sooooo jealous! I got to meet heather and her family before they moved out of the states and they really are great! And, I just know I'd hit it off with mariann too.

I cannot wait to see the pictures!

You are welcome here anytime as long as I don't need to have hired a cabana boy! ;)

Heather and her family are just wonderful, aren't they?!:iagree:

I didn't know she had a guest house. Wish I would have known that for our last trip up to DC. You know I've been wanting to take the kids up again ;);)

We've only had the guest house since our recent move -- 8 weeks ago.....maybe 10.

You can PM me.......dh and I are so blessed with this house and the cottage that we know we are to bless others by having them stay there.

:)

We've only had the guest house since our recent move -- 8 weeks ago.....maybe 10.

You can PM me.......dh and I are so blessed with this house and the cottage that we know we are to bless others by having them stay there.

Mariann, You ROCK! I'll have to remember your generosity if we head back up that way.

Ah, I thought you had moved. I remember the post a while back about the assassination of your shrubs, that must have been at the old house.

Humph, and I thought I liked you :tongue_smilie:

Your right... I do feel a pang of envy. :)

Humph, and I thought I liked you :tongue_smilie:

Your right... I do feel a pang of envy. :)

Maybe this will encourage you to like me again: I'm overweight and on medifast and trying to lose 50 lbs -- i've lost 12 so far -- it's been three weeks. Today I am cranky -- but I have managed not to cheat while on medif so i am pleased.

My kids are great but there are numerous times a day when I would like to throttle them.

The dogs are great -- really.:D

I really would like my butt not to be so large -- so I would love for the medifast to be what I need to do this. Never having had a weight problem till a few years ago (thyroid), I feel like the mythical character who is pushing the boulder up the hill (sisyphus?)......it is really (no pun intended) an albatross around my neck. It colors everything I see and do.

DH is wonderful -- but has his grumpy moments -- picture Frasier in that tv series -- dh and I rofl b/c he is SO much like frasier.

And if you ever plan to be in the area, you must PM me so you can stay here.:)

Maybe this will encourage you to like me again: I'm overweight and on medifast and trying to lose 50 lbs -- i've lost 12 so far -- it's been three weeks. Today I am cranky -- but I have managed not to cheat while on medif so i am pleased.

My kids are great but there are numerous times a day when I would like to throttle them.

The dogs are great -- really.:D

I really would like my butt not to be so large -- so I would love for the medifast to be what I need to do this. Never having had a weight problem till a few years ago (thyroid), I feel like the mythical character who is pushing the boulder up the hill (sisyphus?)......it is really (no pun intended) an albatross around my neck. It colors everything I see and do.

DH is wonderful -- but has his grumpy moments -- picture Frasier in that tv series -- dh and I rofl b/c he is SO much like frasier.

And if you ever plan to be in the area, you must PM me so you can stay here.:)

We share the 50 pounds... it sooooo isn't easy. Which reminds me, I was going to post about it!

:grouphug::grouphug:

My dh is grumpy all.the.time. :P I can't think of a character he is like off the top of my head. He doesn't fit one!

I will look you up if we ever go that way, I would love to meet you!!

We share the 50 pounds... it sooooo isn't easy. Which reminds me, I was going to post about it!

:grouphug::grouphug:

My dh is grumpy all.the.time. :P I can't think of a character he is like off the top of my head. He doesn't fit one!

I will look you up if we ever go that way, I would love to meet you!!

I think we would get along famously. :iagree:

and as far as those fifty lbs, I think I am doing so well, and i am, but then I caatch a glimpse of myself and think that I look awful. So then, I ask myself, how did I not think I looked awful when all those pounds were going on?:confused:

We will visit D. C sometime. Hope we can stay with you! I can cook some Chinese food for you.