Menu

s/o Mom Jeans - What is your 'shape' and where do you buy your pants?!

Just wondering. It was brought up several times in the other thread about how we just have to try and try and try some more to find pants that fit well to avoid muffin top.

Oh, and I want to hear NOTHING about mom jeans. :D

So, what 'shape' are you? And where do you find jeans that fit?

I can't really start because, well, I haven't really found any. :lol: I do have a pair of Apt. 9 skinny jeans from Kohl's that fit pretty well. I don't know what to call my shape... I guess I'd be considered apple?

I've got a curvy shape - wide hips and smaller waist - and have always had trouble finding jeans. And then gaining some weight after having kids made it even worse. Dh and I spent several hours at the mall one time, with me trying on all sorts of jeans, in all sorts of price ranges. If they fit in the hips, they had huge gaps in the waist. I stumbled across a pair of jeans at a thrift shop that fit, and later on realized they were men's jeans hung incorrectly in the women's racks. That led me to try men's jeans and men's Levi 569s fit really well for some odd reason. I don't even bother trying on anything in the women's dept anymore.

Well, I'm not sure what shape you would call me. I am 5'3" and 207 (yes, I know I just put that on the internet). I think every bit of fat that shouldn't be on my body, landed right on my waist. Seriously, skinny arms, skinny legs, skinny butt/ waist, and fairly decent "upper body." My problem has always been- by the time I find jeans that fit my waist, my pants legs could fit 2 or 3 of my legs in 1 pants leg. BUT!!! I found jeans that go up to 18 at Kmart that are Lees by Rider slender stretch boot cut. They fit me perfectly! Enough room for my waist, and my legs actually look like legs. Well, I still struggle with muffin top, but I think that will happen as long as I carry/ have all this weight around my waist. But check them out.

Hourglass, pretty small. I just find jeans at Goodwill usually try on many pair before finding some that fit right. I like a natural waist straight leg. I hate for it to gap in the back when I squat down. I generally always wear a belt. I have hips and a usually (when not pregnant :) ) small waist so a belt keeps them nice and tight on my waist and makes sure they don't ride down.

I'm 5'4 and just got myself down to 220. I carry most of my extra weight in my legs (which creates its own sets of problems) and the below the belly button part of my stomach. I hate trying to find pants... in fact, I'm learning to sew for the express purpose of being able to make/alter clothes to actually *fit* me. Right now I've got a 46 inch bust, a 38 inch waist, and 50 inch hips. There is no such thing as retail that fits :glare:

I'm not sure what shape I am. I'm 5'9" and 135lbs and most of me is leg with a 36" inseam and a well rounded backside that I inherited from my dad (thanks dad). The only place around here that I can find jeans is at Bootlegger. Usually it's Brody or Silver jeans. and I buy a few Wranglers for working in the barnyard.

I am 5'3" and athletic build, and curvy. I have a fairly small waist. I wear a size 25/26 or a 0. For my every day jeans, I wear American EAgle. They have a boyfriend fit that is not too low. I have 3 very expensive pairs of jeans. One true Religion in petite, one pair of skinny fit Seven which I had to hem, and a pair of capri Citizens. All of these jeans are lower rise, but a much higher rise in back. AFter I lost all of my weight, I bit the bullet and went to Nordstrom, and tried on about a million pairs. I have a big butt for my size. When I was overweight, all my weight is in my butt/legs, and I still carry a butt. Probably all of the heavy squats

And I thought I deserved it after changing my life and dropping down from over 200 postpartum.

I'm 5'2 and a half :D. I am a curvy hourglass with shortish legs. I could definitely stand to lose some weight :glare:. My favorite jeans are from Old Navy. I get the sweetheart style in short. After a few washes they are the perfect length. They loosen up a lot with wear, so I buy them tight. Once I wear them, they sit loose on my hips and just below my belly button.

Yup, I'm 5'0, 150, muscular, particularly in the tuchas and thighs (heavy squats, heavy deadlifts, family tuchas).

I like natural waist/midrise, straight leg. I mostly get them LL Bean. Otherwise, the choices seem to be a waist that squeezes the life out of me (Levi's) or construction that makes me look like a body in an egg cup (Old Navy) because the front and back are equal (:confused:) which translates to the front hanging out while the back doesn't quite make it to its destination. (Not to mention ON are always too long, so their "knee" is wedged around my calf)

And I hate spandex in my denim. That's the worst! Gripping in all sorts of odd places, while sliding down the back constantly. Uck.

I have no advice. I hate jeans shopping.

I've actually been considering the Jean-ius trouser construction class on Craftsy for the purpose of avoiding the shopping.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

I've yet to find a pair of jeans that fit right! I'm 5'9" and on the thin side. I would say my hips are wider than most (though no one ever agrees with me) so if jeans fit me in the hips, they're too loose at my waist. And by the end of the day, all of my jeans are so baggy that it drives me nuts! I'm constantly pulling them up and I can literally stick both of my arms down my pants!

Petite pear shape lolol. I haven't bought jeans in a couple of years. Then I got some at Wal-Mart and some at K-Mart (I know...lame).

I have a hard time b/c I'm short (about 5 feet), have wide hips and muscular thighs (ie...big). I'm now down to *just* under 130 lb and would love to lose at least 10 more lbs. I know this is slightly o/t, but I think my ideal weight (for my body shape/height) is around 110 lb. I haven't been that light since I got out of basic training for the Army...ah...those were the days...

I'm 5'6", and a slight pear shape...size 10. I have recently discovered Lee jeans (secretly slender, or something like that?)...at JC Penney. They fit like a dream and are not "mom jeans". They are also really comfortable. And I like that they come in different lengths.

Pear-Pyramid? Whatever a waist size 1 size smaller than hips/thighs is. And I'm 5'5" with a long torso and short legs.

I've recently lost weight, so I'm discovering new stores.

Eddie Bauer had shorts this year with an adjustable waist--an extra button on the waist band that let me buy shorts for my hips and make the waist smaller. Also, their "curvy" shorts fit well. The boyfriend cut was a bust. I'm guessing boyfriend cut is for slimmer hips.

Ann Taylor--They have pants named by fit. Their Julia or Julie cut fits me great. I just get the length altered to fit perfectly.

Edited by snickelfritz

I'm 5'7" with a slender shape and very slight hips. The best places for me to buy jeans are Maurice's, Abercombie, and the "Arizona" brand at JCPennys. I buy low waist, boot cut.

Best khakis for me are at Old Navy and American Eagle.

Black pants are from Limited and NY & Co.

Edited by MissKNG

I've yet to find a pair of jeans that fit right! I'm 5'9" and on the thin side. I would say my hips are wider than most (though no one ever agrees with me) so if jeans fit me in the hips, they're too loose at my waist. And by the end of the day, all of my jeans are so baggy that it drives me nuts! I'm constantly pulling them up and I can literally stick both of my arms down my pants!

I know the feeling!!

I'm definitely an apple shape. With my latest weight gain, I have acheived the distinction of having a waist measurement equal to my hip measurement. Try fitting that into a pair of jeans. The brand that comes closest to fitting is Faded Glory by WalMart. Even then, if the waist closes, the hips are sloppily big. I live in yoga capris.

A few months ago, I needed to wear black dress slacks for a performance. I was desperate. My old pair still fit in the hips and thighs, but the waist was inches from closing. So I opened the side seams of the pants, took some black nylon/Lycra swimsuit type fabric, made a panel (think old style maternity pants), cut out the front of the pants, and replaced it with the panel. Voila. As long as my shirt covered the panel, they looked fine. I refuse to shop in the maternity section, however. Or maybe I'm just not desperate enough.

Short hourglass. I'm petite when I can get my emotional eating under control and average otherwise. Whatever my weight, however, my waist is always about 3/4 of my hips. I gain and lose very evenly.

Levi's bold curve jeans fit me great but I don't always have the disposable cash to buy them when I need a new pair. Sometimes I can find Lucky brand jeans on clearance at Ross or Marshall's that fit me well.

I'm not real hippy, and I don't have much belly (a tad bit of a pooch I guess from having 4 kiddos). I'm 5'3 1/2 and weigh 110 lbs.

I buy my jeans at Hollister and I LOVE the way they fit. I also like AE, but find the "waist" (they are lower rise) gets extremely loose very fast, even when I buy the 2s.

I'm not real hippy, and I don't have much belly (a tad bit of a pooch I guess from having 4 kiddos). I'm 5'3 1/2 and weigh 110 lbs.

I buy my jeans at Hollister and I LOVE the way they fit. I also like AE, but find the "waist" (they are lower rise) gets extremely loose very fast, even when I buy the 2s.

OH I forgot about Hollister. I have never worn those, but I also LOVE some of the Abercrombie ones. I have this one skinny fit pair, and the back is SO much higher than the front, I really love it. Of course I feel silly shopping at those places for some reason. I dunno, maybe I should be at the grown up store :D

super skinny ones from Hollister. I never thought I'd like a skinny jean, but dd talked me into trying hers and I love them.

I do like Gap jeans also, but I haven't tried a particular style there lately.

I had some great jeans from The Limited that I loved, but I wore them slap out, and when I dropped this last ten pounds, they were falling off anyway.

Didn't hurt my feelings to buy a bunch of new clothes!

super skinny ones from Hollister. I never thought I'd like a skinny jean, but dd talked me into trying hers and I love them.

I do like Gap jeans also, but I haven't tried a particular style there lately.

I had some great jeans from The Limited that I loved, but I wore them slap out, and when I dropped this last ten pounds, they were falling off anyway.

Didn't hurt my feelings to buy a bunch of new clothes!

I feel better knowing I'm not the only long time grown up who shops there :D

I'm 5'9" and a size 4. Even tall skinnyish women have trouble finding jeans! My hips are much bigger than my waist, so jeans gap like crazy in the back. I finally found some affordable jeans at the GAP this year -- the Perfect Boot jeans. About $60 and they come in three lengths. I love them and plan to buy a bunch and stock up.

http://www.thelimited.com

I have no curve at my waist - straight rectangle there - and I also have a substantial bottom. I love getting my pants at The Limited - the Cassidy cut has enough room for my rear AND doesn't pinch my waist.

They have huge 40% off sales (or 'buy one get one free pants' specials) all the time so I wait until then to get a few pairs of pants.

I'm 5'11, and 160- Pretty straight on the bottom half, Hips, but no 'curve' if that makes any sense. Guess jeans and Seven for all Mankind jeans give me a 'butt' and are long enough. The sevens are my nice date night jeans, and guess is perfect for everyday wear jeans.

:iagree: I'm a size 2 but need a long length. Those aren't easy to find sometimes!

Try the new 1969 line at The Gap. My favorites are the Perfect Boot design, but they have lots of cute styles and they all come in longs. I think the long inseam is about 35". Almost too long for me and I'm 5'9."

I am 5'1.5" and 160 pounds. The only jeans that fit me are Lee comfort waist size 10 that come to the actual waist. I am biggest at the top and go down from there (like a triangle pointing down). I have broad shoulders and a much bigger chest than I'd like (really want to get a reduction, but with all the medical expenses we've had this year, I'm going to put it off for another year), a bigger waist than I'd like (but proportionally much smaller than my chest), and then smaller hips (proportionally much smaller than my waist). When I type my measurements into a fit-finder, I usually find that my waist is 2-3 sizes larger than my hips and my chest is 3-4 sizes larger than my waist.