Menu

What are your favorite literary "places"?

Middle-Earth

Wonderland (I'm decorating my kitchen Wonderland style)

The Wonderland of The Looking Glass Wars

Star Trek (hey, there are books)

Rick Riordan's mythological worlds

I want to see pictures! I love how bizarre Wonderland is.

On the banks of Plum Creek. That underground house and nearby creek always sounded like a lovely place to live when I was a kid. I still enjoy reading that book.

Roxaboxen has been another that I've loved sharing with my kids. Oh, and Milly Molly Mandy's village, including the nice white cottage with the thatched roof.

I'm sensing a theme here, LOL.

Edited by milovaný

Someone beat me to Avonlea - So I'll just say Prince Edward's Island in general.

It's on my bucket list to go there some day and spend a month writing and enjoying.

Oz

Fantastica

Canby Hall - I wanted to go to school there!

Avalon

Kingdom of Wisdom

The Pink Motel, lol.

I would love to be in a little cabin by the beach with the palm trees rustling, weather vanes whirring and clacking, and laundry snapping in the breeze.

That's such a good read-aloud.

The Secret Garden

the garden in Tom's Midnight Garden

the labyrinth by the sea in The Forgotten Garden

Pemberley's library

the Ingalls' houses in Pepin, Indian Territory, and the dugout

the Zuckerman's barn in Charlotte's Web

the hollow tree in My Side of the Mountain

the Dawn Treader

I want to see pictures! I love how bizarre Wonderland is.

It is so a work in progress. But I have light, light blue cabinets and some teapots on top. I have an Alice print above my stove and I'm trying to collect some big chess pieces. Ds wants me to paint the opening of a rabbit hole on the ceiling. Eventually it will be really cool.

The March sisters' village.

The Hundred Acre Wood.

Narnia.

The Shire.

The Secret Garden.

The river bank near Toad Hall.

Corgiville.

Somehow the worlds of those books from a certain period of childhood never quite leave you.

For the poster who put The Boxcar--I once went to a camp where we actually slept in remade cabooses rather than cabins. Those books were all I could think of at the time. :)

The attic in Flowers in the Attic. No, just kidding!

:lol::lol::lol:

Every morning I walk my dog on Klickitat Street.

We are on the other side of the river from you:D We go on a regular basis to the Walt Morey library:001_smile:

100 acre wood, that is my theme for our new "school room/family room"

I can't remember the name, but the Island that Jean and Joe go to before returning to Willstown in A Town Like Alice

Manderly

I have been to the Jamaica Inn

It is so a work in progress. But I have light, light blue cabinets and some teapots on top. I have an Alice print above my stove and I'm trying to collect some big chess pieces. Ds wants me to paint the opening of a rabbit hole on the ceiling. Eventually it will be really cool.

I'd love to know which Alice print you have; I just bought one and not sure I love it. I was thinking of doing a Wonderland themed loft or library... your kitchen sounds fun!

Edited by Guest

That sounds awesome! I want to drink tea at your house. :)

Thornfield Hall / Ferndean (You know! wherever Mr. Rochester is.)

That goes without saying. ;)

Damar

The Shire

Grandfather's house in Meet the Austins

I was going to say anywhere the Austins were. :D

A few repeats:

Avonlea

Pemberly

I too would like to visit the TARDIS

Finally:

I cannot remember the name, but I would love to live with Garnie, the Drs, theo et al.

:001_smile:

I cannot remember the name, but I would love to live with Garnie, the Drs, theo et al.
Ballet Shoes

... in the Cromwell Road. At the end of it which is farthest away from the Brompton Road, and yet sufficiently near it one could be taken to look at the dolls' houses in the Victoria and Albert every wet day. If the weather were not too wet, one was expected to "save the penny and walk."

:D

Ballet Shoes

... in the Cromwell Road. At the end of it which is farthest away from the Brompton Road, and yet sufficiently near it one could be taken to look at the dolls' houses in the Victoria and Albert every wet day. If the weather were not too wet, one was expected to "save the penny and walk."

:D

And isn't that where they whooped so no one could hear. [sigh] I wanted to be Pauline, Petrova, and Posy all at the same time. :tongue_smilie: