Menu

Um. I am a psychotherapist. And I have a job to prove it!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joanne, so happy for you!

And envious too...that is the career I dream of. I am 45 and have one year of college that I got the last year my DD was in public school. :sad: I couldn't continue once she started homeschooling, it was too much for me. I am hoping to resume school maybe next year or the year after (she will be in 9th grade).

The schooling seems so overwhelming...but I love school anyway, so I figure what the heck.

Congratulations!!

What a lovely capper to all these years of hard work & perserverance thru difficulty. I hope the job comes w/benefits and your husband can get the treatment he needs, too. I am sure you will be a blessing to those you serve in this new position.

The job pays 1/2 my medical insurance (and the rest of the benefits are in line with a small company.)

My husband, along with millions of others, has a pre-existing condition that will not be covered. If Obamacare does continue, the pre-existing clause for adults will go away in 2014. Until then, or if it does get repealed, Adrian is uninsurable.

I am excited to meet my new clients after this week of training (substance abuse group curriculum, intake procedures, paperwork that complies with state code, etc.)

:party::grouphug:

Congratulations!!!

I have to tell you, you are one of the reasons I keep trying to convince myself that I can go back to school and pursue a career in psychology. I'm still working on the details and looking at a long, slow road, but I'm not nearly as discouraged as I was when I first began considering it. You really are an inspiration, and you deserve this!