Menu

POLL - What your school looked like in 2011-2012....

Not considering afterschooling - where did your kids do their primary schooling?  

1. 1. Not considering afterschooling - where did your kids do their primary schooling?

• My kids were not yet school aged (K5) in 2011-2012.
    • We homeschooled all school aged kids 2011-2012.
    • We traditionally schooled all school aged kids 2011-2012.
    • We mix it up - some school aged kids were homeschool, others traditionally schooled 2011-2012.
    • My kids have graduated, this is my home, and I'm staying!!
    • Look!! A kilt!!

I had to go with kilts, because our situation is weird.

This year, I've homeschooled my son, who is 14 and of traditional school age. However, my daughter, who is 17 and still of traditional school age, has already graduated from college and isn't doing school anymore.

For the four previous years, I could have said that we mixed it up, I guess, since I was homeschooling my son and my daughter was away at school.

I chose the mix-it up option.

Oldest - in college doesn't count for this poll

Ds17 - homeschools some things, takes 6-9 credits at the local college, goes to public school in the afternoon for band and chorus.

Dd15 - homeschools; goes to public school in afternoon for band and chorus

dd12 - started year homeschooling but going to school for "specials" only; changed to fulltime public school in October; returned to homeschool in January and only does band 5 weeks on/5 weeks off at public school

Phew. CRAZY year. Might have pushed me over the edge. I can't do this again next year.

I reluctantly said that we traditionally schooled the kids but we are definately on the outsirts of 'traditional'.

Ds17 is in college full time finishing his highschool dipolma at the same time as his AA.

DD13 is in a private school that is off the beaten path. They even bought us Teaching Textbooks for her do work on at home due to her not 'clicking' with the curriculum that they use for math.

DD5 is in a private preschool, but has a one-on-one aide to help her.

So, yes they are in traditional schools, but...

I have one school-aged kid and a preschooler. Currently, the preschool kid goes to private pre-K 2x a week. The school-aged kid went to public school until midway through this year, when I pulled him out to homeschool. Next year, both children will be homeschooled.

Ds is a homeschool 4th grader. Dd will be joining us from ps school. We will be repeating some science and maybe English from 10th grade. She'll be working through National Connection Academy. Currently my middle daughter will be in public school a few states away but we'll see what the summer bring.

We homeschooled all that are old enough for our first year last year. We have a boy that just turned 6 and we did our own thing for K. His sister is 19 months behind him (4.5) so she worked right along side him. DD2 is special needs and did not homeschool, just lots of therapy for her.

I like that I could multi vote. I voted mixed schooling (public for the girls and home for the boy) & kilts :) Son jumped around and escaped to the outdoors when possible!! Bio daughter got herself all together and did well in school... Step always has done well...

Summer looks like it will be relaxing, although looks are often deceiving.

:)

Oh, I missed the kilt answer. You'd think I'd notice it after ogling the kilt link in the other thread. :D

This was our third year with a mix of homeschool and private school. My olders are in private--8th and 11th. My youngest--1st--is at home.