Menu

Last night was prom night. :)

Here is a picture of EK, my beautiful dd17. The picture was taken at the park, in front of the fountain, although you can't see much of it. (I cropped her date out of the picture because I didn't get permission to post a picture of him.)

And a bonus picture: this is a picture of ER, my handsome ds21, taken at his senior recital last weekend. He will graduate with a B.A. in Music next month.

Edited by ereks mom

What a great thread! ER and EK are very easy on the eyes, as my FIL (r.i.p.) used to say. ;) And I know you are proud of what they've accomplished as well! What are his plans after grad?

I've attached a pic of my dd at a departmental award ceremony from two weeks ago. : ) She and another young man received the departmental awards for the exemplary student with a heart and a passion for ministry. (They double awarded several of the recognitions this year, something they've never done before, so she has a great peer group. I'm so happy for her!)

Edited by Valerie(TX)

Did your dd's date match her dress?

Yes, he matched perfectly, and they didn't even shop together! She sent him a cellphone pic of her dress, and he used that to find a vest & tie that matched it. He wore a black suit with the turquoise vest & tie. I'll post a picture with his face cropped out. ;)

What a great thread! ER and EK are very easy on the eyes, as my FIL (r.i.p.) used to say. ;) And I know you are proud of what they've accomplished as well! What are his plans after grad?

I've attached a pic of my dd at a departmental award ceremony from two weeks ago. : ) She and another young man received the departmental awards for the exemplary student with a heart and a passion for ministry. (They double awarded several of the recognitions this year, something they've never done before, so she has a great peer group. I'm so happy for her!)

Thank you! ER plans to work for a year or so and then go to seminary. He is interested in ministering to college students; he wants to be a worship leader with a multi-faceted minstry team that does music, drama, Bible study, etc.

And congratulations to your dd for her award. She's a lovely girl.

Yes, he matched perfectly, and they didn't even shop together! She sent him a cellphone pic of her dress, and he used that to find a vest & tie that matched it. He wore a black suit with the turquoise vest & tie. I'll post a picture with his face cropped out.
I love that they went with peach flowers - such a beautiful combo with that shade of turquoise.

I love all these photos - such beautiful/handsome children.

Yes, he matched perfectly, and they didn't even shop together! She sent him a cellphone pic of her dress, and he used that to find a vest & tie that matched it. He wore a black suit with the turquoise vest & tie. I'll post a picture with his face cropped out. ;)

Nice. I was wondering about that. Ds has to match his date's dress. Hers is a darker aqua with purple accents. Kind of concerned with the color for him. LOL

ETA: I hope I don't come across as boastful when I post my about children's activities and accomplishments. I know some have commented about that kind of thing in the past.

Not at all!!!!!!!

There's a huge difference between being a proud mama (like you) and a boastful, obnoxious mom. You are nothing like the boastful moms, and I love reading about your kids -- and the pictures were great!