Menu

If you could move anywhere in the continental U.S.

By my parents.

Other than that I like the gently rolling hills of southern Iowa, the picturesque townships in rural southeastern PA (what's left of it), and southwestern Michigan where I have fond childhood memories of the snow, tall trees that are beautiful in the fall, and idyllic summers.

The coast of Maine north of Portland. I just love the ocean. The scenery along the waterfront is spectacular. I find it very relaxing to just sit and watch the waves. The area is not crowded except for a couple of months in the summer but you can get away from it all if you are a local and know the back roads.

I was just imaging how I would love to get a small ranch outside Cody, WY (and have horses...plus a hired hand to help care for them). We just spent one night in Cody, traveling back from Yellowstone to Illinois, but I feel in love with the area.

I'd love to live back home in S. California, too - but too many people and traffic and smog now. So give me Wyoming.

I might add - a second home in or around Nashville for when I wanted "big city" life - folks down there are so polite!!!!! Tennessee is pretty, too. And I love me some grits ;-)

We picked where we moved to and it is Florida. There are areas in Florida where housing has been hit hard and is therefore cheap now. The winters are mild, and food is pretty cheap. Dh particularly wanted to be somewhere where he had family that could look after things at our house while we are out of state working. We are close to IL's which he likes, but not me so much. I love our house and the property and the fact that there are lots of parks, and we are fairly close to the beach, but IMO we are too close to the IL's. I also think we picked a place where the hurricanes aren't quite so devastating. Also let me add that there are no state income taxes.

Putnam county TN.

Good college very close by, GORGEOUS farmland just minutes from everything. Excellent cost of living.

However, since I could not move all my friends there, my church there or my farm there, I pick Robertson Co. TN.

Minutes from 2 larger cities, nice climate, pretty land.

Somewhere within walking distance of a real beach. No extreme weather, however. I could love the weather in CA, but not necessarily the expense of the state. Panhandle of Florida? maybe. I do want it to cool off a tad in the winter, like cool enough for capris, flip flops, and a sweatshirt. Maybe coastal North Carolina?

Seattle, WA area. We lived north of Seattle for 4 yrs and LOVED it! Loved the temperate climate, the accessibility to the beach and mountains, and the fresh food! We went to the beach every week and never got tired of it. And when my son wanted to go sledding, it was only a 45 minute drive almost year round.

One Saturday we played on the beach in the morning in shorts and were sledding in shorts at 2pm in the mountains :)

We also loved the culture and all the greats educational things like the zoo, aquarium, science center, children's museums, museum o flight, etc. The library system is awesome too! And the shopping :tongue_smilie: Awesome selection of boutiques, book stores, food stores, thrift stores, and brand name shops. I got hooked on Hanna Anderson clothes for kids here.

The value system of the people we met was more like ours too. I met some of my best friends there.

We already know that we will retire there if we don't get back there before that!

We moved here to the Smokies, because we love it. We live rurally, but anything we might want to do is not too far away.

We moved from North Florida - I grew up on the Gulf Coast, and would like to live there again one day, or at least have a house there (probably on Mexico Beach).

I am an East Coast girl. I love my 4 seasons. I want Spring to be full of blooming tulips, summer to be hot and lush, fall to be glorious color and winter to be cold enough to ice skate and go sleigh riding.

If I were to move out of NJ, it would be to Maine, on the coast, up from Acadia. Or Il Au Haut.

Edited by justamouse

Somewhere along the Blue Ridge in NC or VA -- moderate climate with four seasons, friendly, laid back atmosphere, and reasonably close to my family without being TOO clost to my parents (which puts the TN side mostly out, as my parents are in the Tri-Cities, though I might do Knoxville and be close to my brother and his family).

We're pretty happy here in Minnesota. We're MN natives so we feel very at home here, and it has everything we could want, really.

The only other place I'd like to live would be somewhere in the Pacific Northwest. Washington looks gorgeous- a lot like Minnesota, but with the ocean and mountains. :001_smile:

Seattle, WA area. We lived north of Seattle for 4 yrs and LOVED it! Loved the temperate climate, the accessibility to the beach and mountains, and the fresh food! We went to the beach every week and never got tired of it. And when my son wanted to go sledding, it was only a 45 minute drive almost year round.

One Saturday we played on the beach in the morning in shorts and were sledding in shorts at 2pm in the mountains :)

We also loved the culture and all the greats educational things like the zoo, aquarium, science center, children's museums, museum o flight, etc. The library system is awesome too! And the shopping :tongue_smilie: Awesome selection of boutiques, book stores, food stores, thrift stores, and brand name shops. I got hooked on Hanna Anderson clothes for kids here.

The value system of the people we met was more like ours too. I met some of my best friends there.

We already know that we will retire there if we don't get back there before that!

That's right where we are, and where we will stay :D Come back LOL!

I love it here. It's home. And w live less than 15 minutes from my parents, whose neighborhood is also home to their best friends.

I agree with justamouse, I like the 4 seasons here in New Jersey. I really like living here at the shore. Even tho we are trying to sell our house here on the island, we will only be moving just offshore, about 15 min. away. By the way, I have also lived in Texas both extreme north near the Ok border and near Houston, Oregon, Pa near Philly and Los Angeles and my favorite is still Jersey shore.