Menu

Which trip would you pick? Why? :)

Hello,

My husband and I are going on a long weekend trip towards the end of May for our 10 year anniversary. I did ask about Hilton Head before, but we decided against that. Here are our new choices. The trip will be for 3 nights, 4 days.

1. Charleston, SC --- Antiquing and beaches

2. St. Augustine, FL --- Again, antiquing and beaches

3. Universal Studios Orlando --- We have been, but it has been years. We know that we can do the parks in two days fine. More adventure type trip.

4. Disneyworld --- Love Disney, went on our honeymoon. This would be a relaxed trip where we just do two parks, do some different things that we have never done before, etc... (we would stay onsite & probably do the quick service dining plan)

Ok, so there are our four choices that we are thinking about. What would be your choice and why? Thanks!!! :)

I'm partial to Florida myself. :001_smile: And we are huge Disneyworld nuts. That being said the end of May is Star Wars weekends. Granted, it's only at the Hollywood Studios park and only Fridays-Sundays but I always see increased traffic in all parks then. I think the Star Wars nuts flood H Studios so all the less geeky folk hit the other parks. (I say geeky in a loving way as I plan on taking my girls to it!)

I adore St. Augustine. I haven't been back since my kids were born but mention it every year to my husband. The whole place has a relaxing vibe and I just love strolling around there. I'm also a huge Gone With The Wind fan and make a point to check out Scarlett O Hara's Bar every time I go for an I Don't Give A **** Burger. :D

St. Augustine. Very romantic, lots of fun. Stay in a nice bed and breakfast. There are some in walking distance to Old Town. We stayed at one with a big jetted tub, real coquina walls, GIANT (high) four poster bed...very romantic, for an anniversary.

Hello,

My husband and I are going on a long weekend trip towards the end of May for our 10 year anniversary. I did ask about Hilton Head before, but we decided against that. Here are our new choices. The trip will be for 3 nights, 4 days.

1. Charleston, SC --- Antiquing and beaches

2. St. Augustine, FL --- Again, antiquing and beaches

3. Universal Studios Orlando --- We have been, but it has been years. We know that we can do the parks in two days fine. More adventure type trip.

4. Disneyworld --- Love Disney, went on our honeymoon. This would be a relaxed trip where we just do two parks, do some different things that we have never done before, etc... (we would stay onsite & probably do the quick service dining plan)

Ok, so there are our four choices that we are thinking about. What would be your choice and why? Thanks!!! :)

We went to Charleston for our honeymoon many moons ago. :lol: I would go back again in a heartbeat!

I would do Disney, only because my dh and I are kids at heart. We did the B&B route a few times...really just lackluster boredom for us. Here would be our plan for Disney.

Stay at Contemporary or the resort that has Yachtsman's Steakhouse, we love that restaurant! Great pools there, too!

Hit Magic Kingdom first, pick a restaurant to view the fireworks from. Hit Epcot and MGM or whatever it is called now the next day. Just enjoy the fun of being kids again...that rejuvenates us more than anything...we will save Charleston for our retirement years, wait, who am I kidding, we'll be taking the grandkids to Disney Paris! :)

I would do Disney, only because my dh and I are kids at heart. We did the B&B route a few times...really just lackluster boredom for us. Here would be our plan for Disney.

Stay at Contemporary or the resort that has Yachtsman's Steakhouse, we love that restaurant! Great pools there, too!

Hit Magic Kingdom first, pick a restaurant to view the fireworks from. Hit Epcot and MGM or whatever it is called now the next day. Just enjoy the fun of being kids again...that rejuvenates us more than anything...we will save Charleston for our retirement years, wait, who am I kidding, we'll be taking the grandkids to Disney Paris! :)

:iagree: we totally identify with this. We went to Orlando for a week for our 8 th Anniversary w/o kids and had a wonderful time. We went to the really nice restaurants which we would never take the kids too and lived every minute.

I'd choose Charleston. We've been a couple of times and really enjoyed it. St. Augustine is nice too, but I didn't think there was as much to do there (it was a long time ago, though, so that may have changed) and it will be HOT in May. It will be hot in Charleston also, but maybe not quite as hot as St. Augustine.

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts on each of these places. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't be going to any of them after all. :(

There has been a ton to happen in our family since Sept. of last year. My husbands father was diagnosed with stage 4 lung Cancer in Sept. 11' and then passed away early Nov. 11'. After that, my MIL was in a very bad car accident on Christmas Eve. She has been in the hospital and in rehab the past three months and just came home finally last Saturday. She is back in the hospital again due to heart problems. They will be releasing her tomorrow, but she has to go back for an ablation procedure very soon.

Anyway, needless to say our lives have been upside down and out of whack. I was still really hoping we could celebrate our 10th anniversary in a special way. Unfortunately, I have been the one trying to plan and my husband has not thought about it much at all.

I finally came up with an idea to stay home and just do some day trips. I told him that I would be willing to do that even though it was disappointing somewhat to me. I still agreed that we could have a fun time.

Well, we ended up in a huge argument last night (something that never happens between us) and so now I have no idea what we are going to do, if anything. It really stinks! :crying:

We have said our apologies, but he has been gone to the hospital all day, so we haven't really gotten to talk. Hopefully, we will have a great time despite everything. That is what I am praying will happen.

Anyway, thanks again for the input. Maybe one day in the future we will visit one of those places. :) Everyone have a wonderful day.

Thanks to everyone for all the thoughts on each of these places. Unfortunately, it looks like we won't be going to any of them after all. :(

There has been a ton to happen in our family since Sept. of last year. My husbands father was diagnosed with stage 4 lung Cancer in Sept. 11' and then passed away early Nov. 11'. After that, my MIL was in a very bad car accident on Christmas Eve. She has been in the hospital and in rehab the past three months and just came home finally last Saturday. She is back in the hospital again due to heart problems. They will be releasing her tomorrow, but she has to go back for an ablation procedure very soon.

Anyway, needless to say our lives have been upside down and out of whack. I was still really hoping we could celebrate our 10th anniversary in a special way. Unfortunately, I have been the one trying to plan and my husband has not thought about it much at all.

I finally came up with an idea to stay home and just do some day trips. I told him that I would be willing to do that even though it was disappointing somewhat to me. I still agreed that we could have a fun time.

Well, we ended up in a huge argument last night (something that never happens between us) and so now I have no idea what we are going to do, if anything. It really stinks! :crying:

We have said our apologies, but he has been gone to the hospital all day, so we haven't really gotten to talk. Hopefully, we will have a great time despite everything. That is what I am praying will happen.

Anyway, thanks again for the input. Maybe one day in the future we will visit one of those places. :) Everyone have a wonderful day.

:grouphug: It sounds like things have been very tough for you and your family. Show your dh a little grace and hopefully he will do the same for you. You can still have an enjoyable anniversary without doing a major trip. Get a babysitter, a bottle of wine, make a nice meal, listen to some great music or watch a good movie...and I assume you can see where this is leading.