Menu

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a new hobby--checking Craigslist for spelling/other errors. As if I needed more to do on the computer. :001_smile:

Can anyone figure out what they are selling here? And for how much?

only dollar 5 for two beautiful table stands with lamp vas and other acsessories everything in this pictues attached for dollar 5

5L25K75J23n53G93Lfc31be553cbc84301977.jpg5L85G45Hc3L53M23Jec31bd5982caaa1e125c.jpg

A bunch of crap on tv trays? I think they're $5, each? :lol:

That one blue thing looks like a trophy.:confused::lol:

I have a new hobby--checking Craigslist for spelling/other errors. As if I needed more to do on the computer. :001_smile:

Can anyone figure out what they are selling here? And for how much?

only dollar 5 for two beautiful table stands with lamp vas and other acsessories everything in this pictues attached for dollar 5

5L25K75J23n53G93Lfc31be553cbc84301977.jpg5L85G45Hc3L53M23Jec31bd5982caaa1e125c.jpg

I just took a look at our city's listings. It took me less than 30 seconds to find a wonderful "Vitorian sattee." :001_huh:

Bet it would look fabulous with one of those cute tables at each end.

ETA - I also found a dinning table, an amoir and a medicine cabanant. Jackpot!

Edited by AuntieM

We have a local auto repair shop that advertises on their sign that they do "alinements". Gah. Also, it's congraTulate, not congraDulate, regardless of whether it's May and there are lots of people matriculating from their educational institutions. Don't. Put. Misspellings. On. Your. Signs.

We have a local auto repair shop that advertises on their sign that they do "alinements". Gah. Also, it's congraTulate, not congraDulate, regardless of whether it's May and there are lots of people matriculating from their educational institutions. Don't. Put. Misspellings. On. Your. Signs.

No kidding. And, if you do, don't get bent out of shape when people point it out.

I get confused on this board because people mean the complete opposite of what I mean by "lucked out." Mind you, "lucked out" is probably a nasty slang expression we shouldn't be using anyway...

Rosie

Perhaps it is an equivalent to the American expression "got lucky" as in "He sure got lucky on his first date." Lucked out is more general for us and can mean scoring a good deal at a curriculum sale!

Perhaps it is an equivalent to the American expression "got lucky" as in "He sure got lucky on his first date." Lucked out is more general for us and can mean scoring a good deal at a curriculum sale!

Uh, "got lucky" is another thing altogether. Let's not talk about it! :blink:

When we say "lucked out" it means we didn't have any luck. The person in front of us got the good deal at the curriculum sale. You people should say "lucked in." :lol:

Rosie

Every year in June, our local fire station puts this message on their sign: CONGRADULATIONS SENIORS (with the year). Every year.

Right now, their sign states the amount of time it takes for them to respond to a call and how many calls they have had for the past year. Unfortunately, their sign is not big enough to hold all the letters so they run on and scene together so that when glancing at it quickly, it reads "obscene". So they have had 4, 678 "obscene" calls and their response time is 4.05 min.