Menu

If you have a kitchenaid mixer....

How many mixing bowls do you have? Dh is really wanting to get me a mixer, but I keep thinking I need at least two bowls. I already have a ton of stainless mixing bowls, but they won't fit on the mixer, and I just can't see spending $50 for one extra bowl. Plus, w/ the handle, they don't exactly stack/nest do they?

Talk me in to it. :tongue_smilie:

I have two bowls- one is the old style that doesn't have the handle. It nests inside the one with the handle.

Me too. My 2yo is partial to the one with the handle, so if he has it, I use the other. Otherwise I don't think I'd make much use of two.

I have two - one with a handle and one without. I nest the handled one in the other one so that I can let both of them dry as they sit on the counter.

Now, not to make things more difficult for you, BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE GLASS BOWLS?!! I just -as in I'm watching right now - saw one on Cook's Country and checked on Amazon. I have a 4.5-quart, and a reviewer says the 5-quart bowl fits on the 4.5-quart mixer. But it's almost $60 freakin' dollars!!!

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-K5GB-5-Quart-Glass-Bowl/product-reviews/B002WUPWC2

But it's so beautiful and microwave-safe...great for softening butter in my meat-locker cold house! ;)

It never even occurred to me to get another bowl. I've had a KA mixer with one bowl for over 9 years, and never once thought about another bowl. There's been a few times I had to rinse it out, but rarely. Not a big deal--certainly not worth the extra $$ for another bowl, imo.

I only have the original bowl that came with mine, and although on rare occasions, it would be nice to have a second one, I have never bothered to get one, because the bowl that came with the mixer is so smooth and easy to clean, that it only takes a minute to wash it thoroughly.

My advice would be to wait on the second bowl to see if you really need it, before you spend the money on it.

I have two bowls (the extra is from my first mixer that died after 19 years of lots of use) and I rarely if ever use the second bowl. It could be from years of not having that option; I never even to think to use that extra bowl - this weekend I made 700 cupcakes for a Girl Scout event - should have used then! Oh well!! You will be fine with one bowl.

We have 2 bowls, but only because a friend's KA died (they had already cobbled together parts to fix it so warranty was not an option) and bought a new bigger one. Her bowl fit mine so she gave me her bowl and all her attachments that wouldn't fit the new one. I never use both, but dd who loves to cook says it's quite handy.