Menu

If you have things you'd like to give away for FREE, post them here!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not homeschool related, but thought I would give it a try! lol

ISO size 1 tap shoes for my daughter. They must be black, mary jane style with a buckle, not ties. She lost hers and there are only 2 months left of the season. Trying to find some used so I don't have to buy new ones this late in the year when she may need a bigger size in the fall. :/

Here are some things that I'd like to share:

1. -- Explorer's Bible Study Answer Key that goes with the Discovery version of "God's Perfect Plan". I also have the Discovery version of the "Early History of Israel" Answer Key from the same series. Both are in great shape and would save a few bucks for anyone that uses this really great Bible study curriculum.

2. -- For the calligraphy artist or beginner, I have a beautiful book/calligraphy kit published by Reader's Digest that I'd love to give away. It's a bit large, but please note that along with a beautiful, full-color instruction book, there is a kit that includes pen, nibs, ink, watercolor, etc. to help you get started. -- CLAIMED, Mailed out recently & received --

3. -- Does someone need plain white pre-paid postcards? I have a stack of about 100, all with postage of .28 pre-printed on them. -- CLAIMED, Mailed out recently & received --

4. -- I'd like to give away one of my favorite little books about a subject I'm very passionate about. The book is called Art and the Bible by Francis A. Schaeffer. Brand new condition. -- CLAIMED, Mailed out recently & received --

5. -- Here is a bit of joyful inspiration to pass on to someone who needs it. The book is brand new and suitable for gift giving. The tile is Laughter and Latté and it is published by Women of Faith.

6. -- I would like to share a PDF file (with only one person) that is useful for creating an Apologia General Science notebook and mini notebook section for module summaries. -- CLAIMED, shipping soon --

Here are some things I could really use for next school year:

1. -- A fairly large wall map of the United States that would be useful for an 8th grader's U.S. History study. It will need to be a political map, but a combo political/physical would be even better.

2. -- A decent desk lamp. (My desk has an angled wall above it, making most lamps with regular shade awkward at best.)

Please send me a PM if you are interested in anything still listed here. If possible, helping with postage on bigger items would be helpful since dh is currently unemployed, but if that is an issue I'll be glad to send anyway.

BTW - This thread is a really great idea. Thanks so much for the op who thought of it.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Thank you so much to those of you who have sent items. I have recieved the Singapore 1B tests and I am looking forward to receiving the others.

I am also looking for these:

Rod and Staff Spelling (2nd grade and 3rd grade)

Singapore textbooks and workbooks 1A/1B, 2A/2B

Magic Tree House books

A Reason for Handwriting K and T

MCT Island with literature

Building Foundations for Scientific Understanding (K-3)

SOTW 1

I have an A Beka Books Kindergarten My Blend and Word Book to give away if anyone wants it.

Here are a couple of things that I have. I have more (We're about to move), they just aren't easy for me to get to at the moment (think buried in the closet)!! :tongue_smilie: But, I will post them as I get to them.

Giving Away:

Sonlight schedule for K READERS NEW Taken!

ABeka, Of People Literature

BJU, World Studies (the cover is ripped)

A few DVD's too.

Cinderella Man

Bad Boys II

Days of Thunder

I am Legend-brand new with plastic still on and has Terminator 3 with it

Would like to have:

TWTM any edition

SL schedule's K, 2, 5, 6, and/or 7(marked on is fine, as well as older editions)

Books from Above Rubies

Edited by 3boysmama

Here are a couple of things that I have. I have more (We're about to move), they just aren't easy for me to get to at the moment (think buried in the closet)!! :tongue_smilie: But, I will post them as I get to them.

Giving Away:

Sonlight schedule for K READERS NEW

ABeka, Of People Literature

BJU, World Studies (the cover is ripped)

A few DVD's too.

Cinderella Man

Bad Boys II

Days of Thunder

I am Legend-brand new with plastic still on and has Terminator 3 with it

Would like to have:

TWTM any edition

SL schedule's K, 2, 5, 6, and/or 7(marked on is fine, as well as older editions)

Books from Above Rubies

PM'ed you.

Can we post what we're needing too? If so boys' clothes 5/6, 3T, and 18months any season. BTW this thread rocks I've been struggling with throwing away some of my old books for sometime. Great to know they will be adopted and loved some more.:001_smile:

Ok, I didn't realize that. I will post things I need postage for on the sale board then.

OP here.

Yes, to clarify, the Mods said we couldn't have any exchange of money on the General Board.

So, someone can start a Free for shipping thread on the Sale/Swap board, or we can all keep pm'ing the mods to start a new sub-board for 'Free for Shipping' items.

But this thread should stay completely FREE, per request of the mods.

:001_smile:

Kristin, is this for a friend, or "for a friend"... :001_smile:

I wish it was "for a friend", but alas.....it's really for a friend. She 31wk pregnant with twin boys after having 2 girls who are now 3.5yr and 1.5yr. She admitted to me last week that all she has for them is 2 bouncy seats, 2 boppy pillows and beds - and the thought of trying to come up with the rest is overwhelming, so she keeps putting it off. I'm giving her my changing table pad and trying to help her find the rest of what she needs on the cheap!

I have 6 girls short sleeved shirts all size 3T except 2 (one is a 4 and one is a 2T). They are Jumping Beans, Faded glory, Circo, Cherokee, Gap, and Old Navy. They all have a small stain on them somewhere that renders them un-sellable. I haven't tried to remove the stains at all. Free to anyone who wants them!! - TAKEN :)

Edited by k2bdeutmeyer

To those that have requested items from me. I am sorry for the delay in mailing. I am hoping to get them out this week, but after ds was reinjured last week and the blizzard yesterday getting to the post office has been delayed. Thank you for your patience, they will be enroute to you soon.

To those that have requested items from me. I am sorry for the delay in mailing. I am hoping to get them out this week, but after ds was reinjured last week and the blizzard yesterday getting to the post office has been delayed. Thank you for your patience, they will be enroute to you soon.

Me, too, minus the blizzard and the injury. :D

Sorry I'm so slow.

Looking for any of the Sonlight Core A or B books - we were gifted a 2002 and a 2004 version of Core A today at the local Home school Blessings Bash, along with the LA for Core A.

ETA:

These are the only ones we are still in need of:

Johnny Appleseed by Holland

Five True Dog Stories

Wild Places

A Grain of Rice by Pittman

Living Long Ago

Granny Han's Breakfast

Edited by frugalmama

Looking for boy scout uniforms.-- shirts, pants/shorts and socks

3 boys in scouts, and they keep growing. lol

Hubby unemployed so trying to find cheaper. Troop doesn't have any in their closet right now. aargh!

I'll check my thrift shop - they quite often have individual items for $1-$3 or so. What sizes and which items do you need exactly?

really? wow-- ours doesn't. wish they did!

His troop does full uniform.

Ok, oldest needs size 16 or 18 scout switchback pants or shorts (prefers the canvas but will wear ANYTHING)

Mens LG or XLG green scout socks. (any style, but the troop requires scout green)

And Mens medium short sleeve shirt. (we are in texas, it's always HOT!)

Younger two boys need size 12 or 14 scout pants or shorts

Mens Small shirts -- short sleeve

Green scout socks. Any size will work. I don't care if the socks are too big-- they can grow into them!. LOL

**I wanted to make sure you understood that the kids are NOT going without. they currently have uniforms, but are growing so fast (oldest grew 5 inches in March alone!), so I know this will be a need in the next 1-3 months and am just looking for a cheaper source. I do NOT want to have to pay full/new price for 3 boys at once, so am looking now.

I wanted to clarify so ya'll knew that. My boys are able to participate in scouts right now.

Thanks!

Edited by joyfulheart

I'll check my thrift shop - they quite often have individual items for $1-$3 or so. What sizes and which items do you need exactly?

I'd be happy to do this, too. I'll probably be going to the thrift store the first week of April (I just pulled out the shorts from last summer, and Zee has grown a solid two sizes! :001_huh:) But I know NOTHING about scouts, so I'd need a detailed description. Or pictures. Or both, LOL. :D

Also, I was checking out my local Craigslist for boys clothes just yesterday, and someone was sellling some scouts stuff. So maybe check CL if there's one in your area.

And Kristin, I'll try to remember to pm you before I go to the thrift store and see what sorts of things your friend could still use for her little boy.

Ok, oldest needs size 16 or 18 scout switchback pants or shorts (prefers the canvas but will wear ANYTHING)

Mens LG or XLG green scout socks. (any style, but the troop requires scout green)

Green scout socks. Any size will work. I don't care if the socks are too big-- they can grow into them!. LOL

Thanks!

Texas here too - if your in my area {San Antonio} I can tell you the stores I've found them in - I always check the boys section as it seems a lot of Girl Scout uniforms get put there.

Thanks!

Is there a website that shows these things, so I know what they look like?

Since we're on the topic of looking for Scout stuff - I'm in need of a Brownie uniform blue shirt size 6 and a brownie vest size medium or a sash size small or medium. Used okay - even if it has sewn on patches {I can remove them easy}. Maybe someone will find one at their thrift shops - all I even seem to find are t-shirts and boy scout stuff. I can pay some for it or trade Daisy GS level clothing that is nearly new, just trying to find it cheaper than new from the council shop. DD should move up to brownies in the fall when she starts second grade, and will need a uniform to participate in council events. I was planning on using cookie funds to pay for it, but we weren't able to sell cookies this year.

And Kristin, I'll try to remember to pm you before I go to the thrift store and see what sorts of things your friend could still use for her little boy.

You're the best :)

I have to offer Critical Thinking (by Anita Harnadek) book 2 & TM. Looks to be an older edition.

Still ISO:

Singapore 1B HIG for U.S. edition

American Girl books (my daughter wants to collect them all). We still need all of the Rebecca, Julie, and Kaya books, #2-6 in the Kit and Molly series, #3-6 in the Marie Grace and Cecile series, and #5 in the Addy series.

ETC Go for the Code and books 4 and 5

I have these to give:

A Reason for Handwriting, Manuscript A[/url] - like new - TAKEN

Leading Little Ones to God - very good condition - TAKEN

smoke-free, cat-loving home. pm me.

I received the A Reason for Handwriting today! Thank you! :D

Edited by Dustybug

I have the Quiz Key and the Test Key for Abeka biology available if anyone wants them. I bought them new and they have only been used once.

I just checked the Abeka website and it says they have new editions of these, but they say the new editions are compatible with the old tests and quizzes - just thought I'd let you all know.

I am loooking for Real Science 4 Kids Student's Biology Textbook (level 1 - Middle School). I bought the entireset for level one. It came with student textbooks and lab worksheets for chemistry, biology and physics and then one large combined Teachers Edition. Somehow, the biology book has went missing.

I still have the Ikea Andrea Duvet Cover set available. It is twin size with two shams and the two (roughly sewn) curtain panels. The main colors are bright pink, purple and orange.

post-183-13535086455324_thumb.jpg

post-183-13535086455324_thumb.jpg

I am loooking for Real Science 4 Kids Student's Biology Textbook (level 1 - Middle School). I bought the entireset for level one. It came with student textbooks and lab worksheets for chemistry, biology and physics and then one large combined Teachers Edition. Somehow, the biology book has went missing.

I still have the Ikea Andrea Duvet Cover set available. It is twin size with two shams and the two (roughly sewn) curtain panels. The main colors are bright pink, purple and orange.

We would love this set.

Went to our library's used book sale today, and found two things that I thought someone here maybe could use.

Samantha Saves The Day - American Girl Book

Cub Scout Webelos Handbook; the only writing I can find in it is an illegilble name written on the inside of the front cover.

PM me if you would like either one of these. :)

I have the Quiz Key and the Test Key for Abeka biology available if anyone wants them. I bought them new and they have only been used once.

I just checked the Abeka website and it says they have new editions of these, but they say the new editions are compatible with the old tests and quizzes - just thought I'd let you all know.

I'd be interested in these if you still have them. PM'ing you now.

I'll be looking for stuff to list too.:) My schoolroom could use a good paring down when it comes to books.

Here are a few things I found.

Usborne Make This Viking Settlement -GONE

Better Late than Early by Raymond and Dorothy Moore

The Usborne Booke of Scientists from Archimedes to Einstein=GONE

Usborne Mysteries and Marvels of Plant Life=GONE

Edited by sunflowerlady

Looking for the following SL books. The ones with a * we need ASAP. I can pay shipping. Hoping maybe someone is willing to pass these on.

Core A books:

*The Apple & the Arrow

Dolphin Adventure

The Light at Tern Rock

Peter Pan

Mary on Horseback

Richard Scarry's Please & Thank you book

The Story of Dr. Dolittle

Dolphin Treasure

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Granny Han's Breakfast

Grade 2 readers: