Menu

If you have things you'd like to give away for FREE, post them here!

I just thought of something, this list is great, but wouldn't it be even better if they split the FS/WTB board and again and added a "Free to a good home" board to it?

Just throwing it out there.

:iagree:

I agree. A free or Free for shipping section would be great. I have several things I can post. I am about waist deep in my library stacks I'm rummaging through. I will post when I see daylight.

So far I've been able to give away three items from my list. It's so fun to give things away!!! Everyone should join in and share the joy.

Blessings,

Lucinda

FFS board would be great! I am purging as well, will be adding to this when I get done!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well someone (or everyone, LOL) who wants a 'Free For Shipping' board on the For Sale Board needs to pm the moderator.

Just put 'moderator' in the 'recipient's username' box to contact them. Do be aware that it may take a few days to hear back. I know it took a few days when I asked if we could start this thread on the general board.

I imagine if we have enough interest, the mods would do that for us. :001_smile: I think it's a great idea.

I've got more but for now

Writing Strands 3Gone

Multiplication Made EasyGone

Abeka Reader-Liberty TreeGone

A Long Way From Chicago-peck

Top Notch Teacher Tips Across the Curriculum

BJU 5th grade Math

BJU 4th grade science book

BJU 5th grade science book and tests

Edited by joyofsix

I'm slowly going through stuff, so will continue to post. So far I have:

1. Spoken for

2. Spoken for
  3. A 6 lb bag of popsicle sticks for crafts. Not food safe. I'm guessing there are at least a thousand sticks.

I'll post more as I dig through my basement.

post-2230-13535086375063_thumb.jpg

Edited by Perry

Free :

(ETA: Spoken for) I have a spiral bound TM for GDI (Getty Dubay Italics) handwriting and Book C of that program (one page was written on and erased.)

(ETA: Spoken for) I also have a like-new Usborne First Encyclopedia of Science.

I also have a Math in Focus 3B workbook. The first 25 pages are missing (the "money" unit) but it's a 250 page workbook so I hate to throw it out.

Please let me know if you need one or all!

I am still in need of:

Galore Park Latin Prep audio CD

Singapore Primary Mathematics (Std. ed.) 3B workbook

Thank you so very much to the board member who has graciously offered to send me the other items I was looking for!

Edited by Element

1. -- Explorer's Bible Study Answer Key that goes with the Discovery version of "God's Perfect Plan". I also have the Discovery version of the "Early History of Israel" Answer Key from the same series. Both are in great shape and would save a few bucks for anyone that uses this really great Bible study curriculum.

2. -- Here is a bit of joyful inspiration to pass on to someone who needs it. The book is brand new and suitable for gift giving. The tile is Laughter and Latté and it is published by Women of Faith.

3. -- I would like to share a PDF file (with only one person) that is useful for creating an Apologia General Science notebook and mini notebook section for module summaries. --Claimed--

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One

Free, I'll even throw in shipping...

1 13 yo drama diva queen. Comes complete w/eye rolling, sighing, and snarky 'tude. Cries of 'it's not fair' are automatic w/requests of chores, school work deadlines, anything other than holing up in her room, listening to music and reading fiction.

:lol:

Hmm, I'll see that offer and raise you one 16 yo teen girl who not only has attitude, but as an extra bonus happens to know everything. "Backtalking" and sarcasm are included at no extra charge. Oh, and frequent lamentations about how you're ruining her life are another bonus I'll throw in. :D

ETA: Seriously though, I'm going to go through my classroom and bookshelves. Hopefully I'll have some stuff to post here later today!

Edited by amydavis

I would like to give away 40 pounds of excess weight for free. If you need some extra fat (any quantity will do) post it and I will vibe you some :)

I have some to add! I'm giving away 30 lbs. free! I'd be glad to go in with your for shipping ;):lol:

Either that, or get a 'Free for shipping' board going.

I'm sending out four packages tomorrow! So if I pm'd you that I'm sending you something, it's going out then.

I PMd the moderator about the idea of a Free/Free for shipping board being added to the sale and swap board.

I've sent out 2 packages, now this week I'll go purge my room some more and see if I can come up with things to add to the list.

I have a very large bag of prefold diapers that I'm trying to give away. I'd be happy to ship it to anyone who's wiling to pay shipping. I don't remember the exact number, but there were about 20 newborn sized diapers and 20+ premium sized diapers. I can get an exact count if anyone is interested.

The condition of the diapers varies - some are like new (especially the smaller ones) and some have some light staining or a bit of fraying on the edges. All have plenty of use left in them.

I've got more but for now

Writing Strands 3Gone

Multiplication Made EasyGone

Abeka Reader-Liberty TreeGone

A Long Way From Chicago-peck

Top Notch Teacher Tips Across the Curriculum

BJU 5th grade Math

BJU 4th grade science book

BJU 5th grade science book and tests

Updated to add

Scott Foresman Exploring Mathematics 4 copyright 1991

LifePac Science 4 - no writing. One of my kids read them for fun.Gone

Edited by joyofsix

I don't have a lot of curricula to give away yet, since this is only our 2nd year, but I do have some books to give away:

Homeschooling and Loving It by Rebecca Kochenderfer

My Body by Teacher Created Resources GONE

Usborne Mysteries & Marvels of the Reptile World GONE

Top Readers Aztecs and Maya- sorry can't find a link, but it's Stage 4 for proficient readers- my boys enjoyed it last year in grades 1 & 2

Usborne Who Were the First North Americans GONE

School Zone Time, Money & Fractions workbook grades 1-2 GONE

The Littles and the Trash Tinies (my copy of this is kind of old, but still readable- it's not like the one pictured on the link, but the link gives a summary of the story)

Herbie Jones and the Second Grade Slippers

Treasury of Illustrated Classics Peter Pan GONE

Lawn Boy by Gary Paulsen

How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell (Mine has a different cover than link) GONE

Ready, Freddy! The King of Show-and-Tell by Abby Klein

The Class Trip from the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler

That is the first stack I brought up from the basement. I may get to another stack next weekend.

Edited by thescrappyhomeschooler

I found a few more things I have available.

Singapore math 1B standards edition test book

Universal handwriting

Book A

Book E

Binding Books Beautifully kit. I bought this about 6 years ago and never used it. Comes with a few cardboard pieces for the covers, the book binding jig and nails, and a VHS video

Edited by nukeswife
I edited the post to reflect things that are gone.

I'm slowly going through stuff, so will continue to post. So far I have:

1. Spoken for

2. Spoken for
  3. A 6 lb bag of popsicle sticks for crafts. Not food safe. I'm guessing there are at least a thousand sticks.

I'll post more as I dig through my basement.

More stuff:

1. Taken Knex 30 model building set. Is missing some parts, but most, if not all, models can be built without them.
  2. Taken Thames and Kosmos Physics Workshop. Also missing a few pieces, but they are nonessential and most, if not all, of the experiments can be done without them. Not in original box.
  3. Taken Erector motorized ferris wheel set The motor for this is missing, but there are still lots of pieces if your kids like erector sets.
  4. Supermag Speed Similar to the one pictured, but makes three different vehicles, not in original box.
  5. Taken Icoaster magnetic roller coaster Has all the parts, not in original box.
  6. Taken Chaos Tower Missing a few nonessential parts, not in original box.

Oooh, this is fun!

Edited by Perry

More stuff:

[*]Knex 30 model building set. Is missing some parts, but most, if not all, models can be built without them.

[*]Thames and Kosmos Physics Workshop. Also missing a few pieces, but they are nonessential and most, if not all, of the experiments can be done without them. Not in original box.

[

I'm interested in these two things, I'll PM you.

I know this is a long shot, as most resell these, but if anyone has any of the Sonlight Core A or B {or even B+C} IG's {maybe an older edition?}, the 3rd grader reader schedule, or the timeline figures it would be greatly appreciated. I can pay shipping for them.

I have a bunch of Catholic CCD textbooks for k-8th {faith first, sadlier, etc} that I will give away free for shipping - if this is something you're interested in PM me the grades you're looking for and I can make you a list of what I have.

I have a sick, cranky baby right now, so it might take me a few days to mail.

Cursive First (can't guarantee all of the sheets are there, but the cards are laminated and cut). *FOUND A HOME*

Sequential spelling 1 *FOUND A HOME*

Montessori Play and Learn *FOUND A HOME*

Hoopnotica DVD

Tracy Mallett Lose the Belly Flab DVD

SM Primary Math 2A HIG

Bon Voyage French TM (heavy hb)

Laptop Lunch User Guide with recipes

French Women Don't Get Fat and French Woman For All Seasons (heavy hb)

I also have unused homebirth supplies. I have a sick cranky baby right now, but I can try and figure out what all is in there if you PM me. *FOUND A HOME*

I also have a wonderful breastpump (manual-Medela Harmony, you will need replacement silicone pieces to make it sterile) and a freezer breastmik organizer.

ISO: Sonlight Core 4/5, B, H books, dissecting materials and science supplies

Gooney Bird Greene

A Fly Went By

A Big Ball of String

The Best Trick

The Bravest Dog Ever

The Great Wall of China

Beyond the Desert Gate

TOPS

I Can Read It

Core H sticker sheets to put on books

Edited by mommymilkies

I found a few more things I have available.

McRuffy Science K TM and Resource pack (you would just need the student book and experiment kit)

HWOT

K teachers guide

Grade 2 teachers guide

Singapore math 1B standards edition test book

Universal handwriting

Book A

Book E

Real Science Odyssey Life level 1 TM (loose leaf, ready for binder)

Binding Books Beautifully kit. I bought this about 6 years ago and never used it. Comes with a few cardboard pieces for the covers, the book binding jig and nails, and a VHS video

I PM'd you :)

I have a red school desk. The old fashioned kind with the flip top. I bought it at an antique store and restored it, but my dd wrote with sharpie and it bled through onto the wood a little so I don't think it can be resold without refinishing. Anyone in western Oregon can pm me and come get it.

This is a really great idea!

I have these two items to give away:

-Handwriting without Tears TM for 1st grade----Gone-----

-Rod and Staff Spelling TM for 3rd grade

This is just off the top of of my head. I will probably find a lot more, it's just going to take a few days! :)

Edited by RainbowSprinkles

Okay first batch ready to list. I am offering these for free but since shipping will be crazy expensive from Canada to you I do ask that if you can afford to contribute something towards the shipping I would appreciate it.

The Homeschooling book of Answers Linda Dobson (this is the older edition with 88 questions, the newest addition has 101)

Abeka Health, Safety and Manners 2 taken

Abeka Health, Safety and Manners 3 taken

Abeka Developing Good Health (grade 4) Taken

Writing Strands level 1 (this is a very tiny little booklet intended to use before the child is actually old enough for the writing program) taken

Writing Strands Level 3 taken

Writing Strands Level 4 taken

How to write a research report

How to give a presentation (from the same series as teh above research report)

Nature's Wonders For the Young at art

Escucha Y Hablemos! Book 1 with disc 1 (Spanish for kids & adults)

Wordly Wise B taken

Heroes and Hostages taken

S&S Aborginal People of Canada (grades 7-8) Older edition of this book

S&S In Pioneer Days (grades 2-4) Older edition of this one

Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons Taken

The I hate mathematics book

A Child's story of Canada

A history of US book 2

Homeschooling the middle years

The Usborne Internet-linked Introduction to weather & climate change

That's it for now :D

Edited by swellmomma

I have:

Math and Literature (K-3) Book One by Marilyn Burns - taken

Adventures in Phonics Level A Teacher's Manual Second Edition by Christian Liberty Press - 2 of these

OP: This tread was a great idea. Thanks.

Edited by Lacie

This is a great idea, I have for shipping:

- Lials Basic College Mathematics 7th edition. The code has been used since I had to use for college. some highlighting and i think pencil writing

- Exploring Medical Language 6th edition. some highlighting and pencil writing.

- Math for Meds 10th edition. Some highlighting and other marks, I think I wrote somethings in pen in this one.

I am looking for any preschool/Kindergarten things especially phonics/reading related :)

I have a sick, cranky baby right now, so it might take me a few days to mail.

Cursive First (can't guarantee all of the sheets are there, but the cards are laminated and cut). *FOUND A HOME*

Sequential spelling 1 *FOUND A HOME*

Montessori Play and Learn *FOUND A HOME*

Oh my goodness!!! If that precious little baby hasn't found a home yet, I'll take her!!! Please do NOT send her in the mail though. :001_huh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol: