Menu

I know t-shirts like this must exist somewhere... where?

Old Navy? They fit well for me. The quality isn't the best, but they are cheap enough for me to replace when needed.

I don't know why but these don't seem to look good after 3-4 washings! Maybe I am too hard on my clothes but I am wanting to invest in some shirts that will last longer. Thanks, though.

New York & Co? I have a ton of tees from there-prints, gathering around the collar, flowers at the collar, ruching down the front, decorative ribbing, pleats, sequins, etc.

Right now, the stuff they have is a bit too trendy/sexy for me. I'm thinking a bit more romantic/feminine... but cool site, thanks.

Right now, the stuff they have is a bit too trendy/sexy for me. I'm thinking a bit more romantic/feminine... but cool site, thanks.

What they carry in the store is a bit different. One can find normal (but cute) tees on their sale tables all the time that are never on the website.

What they carry in the store is a bit different. One can find normal (but cute) tees on their sale tables all the time that are never on the website.

Okay, thanks. I'll see if there's a store near me.

Is this shirt weird? (I am shopping online and wishing I was in a store with a girlfriend or two...)

http://www.loft.com/loft/product/LOFT-Apparel/LOFT-Tops/Diagonal-Ruffle-Tee/259633?colorExplode=false&skuId=89864173&catid=catl000052&productPageType=saleProducts&defaultColor=3837

Land's End? I haven't looked lately but they generally have t-shirts with things like pintucking or ruffles on them and their t-shirts tend to be higher quality.

The tshirts I got from Lands End last summer were really terrible quality. I bought a variety of styles, and decided Icould've done better at Walmart or Target.

Okay, thanks. I'll see if there's a store near me.

Is this shirt weird? (I am shopping online and wishing I was in a store with a girlfriend or two...)

http://www.loft.com/loft/product/LOFT-Apparel/LOFT-Tops/Diagonal-Ruffle-Tee/259633?colorExplode=false&skuId=89864173&catid=catl000052&productPageType=saleProducts&defaultColor=3837

I think it's cute; it would look good under a jacket.

OOOOH, pretty!!! Time to scour their clearance... gulping at $55 for a t-shirt, but maybe I need to bite the bullet if I'm going to be for real about buying staples I actually LIKE instead of making do with ill-fitting, short-lived stuff.

Really? I just looked at it again and decided it's crazy. You don't think it's over the top ruffly? I can see it under a cute jacket, like you said, but I don't have a cute jacket...

I have two of these! :D And I always get compliments on them too. I like the visual interest of the texture without additional colors. I have navy blue and rose pink.

I have two of these! :D And I always get compliments on them too. I like the visual interest of the texture without additional colors. I have navy blue and rose pink.

Hmmm. Maybe I need to reconsider. I had the rose pink in my bag. It is so hard to imagine it on myself and there are no returns on them. Phooey. Maybe they have them in the local Loft and I could try it on.

Hmmm. Maybe I need to reconsider. I had the rose pink in my bag. It is so hard to imagine it on myself and there are no returns on them. Phooey. Maybe they have them in the local Loft and I could try it on.

If your loft is like mine, they move the stock out awfully fast; I bought these at their back to school sale in the fall, so I doubt they still have them in. But you could check. :001_smile:

ETA: I don't wear them with a jacket, just on their own with jeans. :)

I don’t know if you have any outlets nearby, but I have found some nice t-shirts similar to what you describe at the Bass outlet. Pretty embellishments, not too form fitting, v-neck but not a plunging v. I don’t find them every time I go, but I have picked up quite a few over the years.

Just searching around, and found the Talbot's Outlet online, with this page full of pretty nice tee's, all about $11 apiece. I don't know what the shipping and size availability is, but there were several that looked like what you are describing and I've always been happy with Talbot's quality....they have a bricks and mortar outlet store in D.C. area, that is pretty wonderful too, when I make it there.

Good luck.

Editing to add, I've clicked around a bit and there are a lot of sizes and colors available: women's and petities, included. Pretty colors available. Several I liked were 9.49. Click thru to the "Red Hanger Clearance" in the top left corner. Its quite interesting to see the same top on an average sized model then see it on the Women's sized model.

Edited by LBS

I want solid color Ts that are v-neck and have some kind of embellishment... rosettes, sparklies, ruching, something. Short-sleeved. Good quality (no Target -- they don't hold up well for me). Any ideas? The ones in my mind's eye are lovely... ;)

I have a black one I bought from Addition-elle (plus sized store), It is black, more of a scoop neck than a v-neck but has little beads on the left sholder and the sleeves are short but a little billowy so they are not tight around my fat arms. It is one of my favs. I am sure if they sell it there they must make smaller sizes too. I think reitmans or suzy sheer are affliates of addition-elle, or maybe it is penningtons they are :confused: hmm I con't remember now.

Garnet Hill

J Crew

Boden

and oddly enough, Eddie Bauer

I have not had good luck with J Crew's tees. I think they tend to be very thin and cheap for the money.

I do like Eddie Bauer though, even their tank tops are nice and thick. But, I think some of the tees and tanks on their super-cheap sale rack tend to be of a lesser quality.

I have tops from Boden, but haven't ordered any of their tees. And I haven't ordered from Garnet Hill. So, I can't speak to either of those.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

I second Eddie Bauer. All my best tops come from there. Most of them have lasted for at least three years, and I'm only now ready to buy new ones because I've stained/splotched/dryer-dried the old ones enough that they're ready to be relegated to sleep shirts.

I have a long sleeved ruffle-necked henley from them that I bought over a year ago. It calls for special care--gentle cycle, tumble dry low, yada yada. I wash and dry that thing in regular cycles with everything else and wear it at least once a week, and it still looks like it did the day I bought it (on clearance!).

I have returned a few things when I wasn't satisfied with the quality (which I do agree is declining slightly, but it is everywhere else too :glare: I'm so tired of tissue-paper t-shirts!), but all the items I've kept have been workhorses in my wardrobe.

Land's End? I haven't looked lately but they generally have t-shirts with things like pintucking or ruffles on them and their t-shirts tend to be higher quality.

I have found that Land's End quality has really taken a nose dive this past year or two. I find most of it not worth the $$ anymore. I have been very disappointed.

I have found that Land's End quality has really taken a nose dive this past year or two. I find most of it not worth the $$ anymore. I have been very disappointed.

I have too. I still buy a few things there, like the girls' leggings and playdresses. But for the most part, I have been very frustrated. I have Target swimsuits that have held up far better than the LE swimsuits I've bought. The best thing they did was implement reviews on their site. They've saved me a lot of annoyance.

I wear Eddie Bauer almost exclusively. The quality is great and they will return an item if you don't like it for any reason. I once returned a couple pair of pants (black for work) because they faded faster than I thought they should have. They took them back without question.

Another vote here for Eddie Bauer. I love their t-shirts both long and short sleeve and their sweaters. And I am really really bad about following laundering directions. They hold up very well most of the time.

They have a Friends program that is free to enroll and you will get coupons and exclusive sale days. They also have great clearance sales a few times a year.

:iagree: You should definitely check the store if you can. Their website is just *odd*, IRL, the clothes really don't look like they do on the models.

Just searching around, and found the Talbot's Outlet online, with this page full of pretty nice tee's, all about $11 apiece. I don't know what the shipping and size availability is, but there were several that looked like what you are describing and I've always been happy with Talbot's quality....they have a bricks and mortar outlet store in D.C. area, that is pretty wonderful too, when I make it there.

Good luck.

Editing to add, I've clicked around a bit and there are a lot of sizes and colors available: women's and petities, included. Pretty colors available. Several I liked were 9.49. Click thru to the "Red Hanger Clearance" in the top left corner. Its quite interesting to see the same top on an average sized model then see it on the Women's sized model.

Wow, those are really cute. I haven't been in Talbot's in years. I've always thought of Talbots as old lady clothes :tongue_smilie: but that stuff is not at all.

Absolutely agree! I used to love their t-shirts but now they pill, stretch, and wear out as quickly as something from Walmart!

Eddie Bauer is having their huge end of season clearance right now so you may want to look there. I've had good luck with their clothes and their customer service is always great.