Menu

Grrrrrrrr!!!! I am furious!

I HATE TELEMARKETERS! Okay, not all of them, some are very nice, but the one that calls me repeatedly, daily, using different phone numbers each time with the same recorded message asking me to lower my interest rates is driving me crazy. I finally decided to press 1 to speak to a live human being, and I got a rude lady that wouldn't let me speak to a supervisor, insisted that different phone numbers meant that the calls were from different companies, and finally hung up on me. Am I stuck forever receiving these annoying calls? They never use the same phone number twice.

If I don't recognize the number on my caller ID, I don't answer.

They can leave a message on my answering machine if they have something to say.

We don't even have an answering machine. If I don't know the number, I don't answer. The important people know 40 different ways to reach us anyway. I enjoying looking up the numbers on google, just for fun.

I HATE TELEMARKETERS! Okay, not all of them, some are very nice, but the one that calls me repeatedly, daily, using different phone numbers each time with the same recorded message asking me to lower my interest rates is driving me crazy. I finally decided to press 1 to speak to a live human being, and I got a rude lady that wouldn't let me speak to a supervisor, insisted that different phone numbers meant that the calls were from different companies, and finally hung up on me. Am I stuck forever receiving these annoying calls? They never use the same phone number twice.

Yeah this is such a scam! I waited once also and the minute I told them to take me off their list, they hung up on me. Which is not ok since they are supposed to comply but it's impossible to get them to at this point. This is the only call I still get after being on the do not call list.

It makes me so mad, too!!:mad:

They have a do not call list online. I did that couple yrs. ago and dont get as much.

Jet

That's what I did, too. The site I used is here. They can still call under certain circumstances, like if you've done business with them before, I think -- I know our mortgage company calls All The Time, for instance, trying to market new services to us. But, otoh, Dish Network, who we have nothing to do with but used to call constantly, has finally stopped calling.

Of course, now I get all sorts of calls asking if I want to take a "survey". Umm, yeah, right, you're just innocently interested in my opinion, uh huh.

Tell them the law states that if you request no more calls that they must comply. Tell them you are writing down the time called, phone number, and company, and that if they call again you will pursue this legally.

I had to do this a number of years ago. When they repeat their garbage about different numbers or it taking six weeks to get you off the list or blah blah blah just repeat the paragraph above. Emphatically.

I have told you ladies over and over that you're going about it all wrong. I love it when live telemarketers call. You can use different accents, pretend you don't speak English, whatever. My dad pretends he's a 90 year old woman, and will go on and on about taking a message, and what his grandkids are doing, it's priceless.

I hardly ever get any calls anymore. It's really quite disappointing.

I LOATHE telemarketers. We've been on the do not call list from the first time we received a written notice about from our phone company. But surveyors and those calling businesses (dh is a painting contractor) can still call. Plus people like the police and firefighters. Since we got caller ID we stopped answering any unknown caller/unknown number calls, and let any suspicious looking entries leave a message (they rarely do.)

Same with junk mail. I'm really, really good at getting off lists, and make sure to tell companies from the very first order not to rent/share/sell my information. Keeps the mail box much emptier and saves paper.

I have told you ladies over and over that you're going about it all wrong. I love it when live telemarketers call. You can use different accents, pretend you don't speak English, whatever. My dad pretends he's a 90 year old woman, and will go on and on about taking a message, and what his grandkids are doing, it's priceless.

:lol:

That's great! I hardly ever get any more either, as we've ditched the landline, but a few do come through on the cell. I'll have to try this next time. What I've done a few times in the past is report the offending call/caller to the FCC (Federal Communications Commission or something like that.) They have a pretty-easy-to-fill-out online form.

Kelsy

Okay, so one of the last ones we got was from some home security system. And dh answered it. And told the guy he figgered he had some pretty good security since he liked to sit around in the dark in his underwear with a sawed-off shotgun acrost his lap jest awaitin' for some dern fool to try somethin'.

Dh said the guy started laughing and hung up.

Okay, so one of the last ones we got was from some home security system. And dh answered it. And told the guy he figgered he had some pretty good security since he liked to sit around in the dark in his underwear with a sawed-off shotgun acrost his lap jest awaitin' for some dern fool to try somethin'.

Dh said the guy started laughing and hung up.

Yep, that's the way to handle it. My personal favorite is to speak a sort of Chinese broken English thing, leaving out all pronouns and being very outraged that someone is trying to sell something to "Missy".

Ahhhh. One reason we don't have a phone plugged in. Dh only plugs it in on Thursday nights so his family can ring. This is a new situation though, so he doesn't always remember. So, we get to lead a quiet and peaceful life since most people are too cheap to call my mobile, and it's an unlisted number. It's nice :)

Rosie

Ahhhh. One reason we don't have a phone plugged in. Dh only plugs it in on Thursday nights so his family can ring. This is a new situation though, so he doesn't always remember. So, we get to lead a quiet and peaceful life since most people are too cheap to call my mobile, and it's an unlisted number. It's nice :)

Rosie

Ooh...I LOVE, LOVE that idea! I might have to try that one.:)

Actually because of my last name I get a lot of telemarketers calling me in Spanish or Tagalog. I tell them "no comprendo" but I've had them actually argue with me! (I don't know what they were saying, but I could tell that they were arguing. . .!)

I just changed my number and made sure it was unlisted over just this reason. They called several times a day claiming my car warranty had run out! When I tried to be nice and ask them to stop calling, they would hang up on me! I am sooooooooooooooooooo mad. I finally had to give in and change my number. We will see if that helps.