Menu

Deep Fried Butter on a stick at the fair

Why am I not surprised? We were having bacon yesterday for the first time in FOREVER and I jokingly told DH that we should deep fry it (yeah right, I don't deep fry ANYTHING). And DH reminded me of an episode of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives where they deep fried bacon and used that between two grilled cheese sandwiches. :confused: I told him we all might as just start drinking oil by the bucket load.

I can't help but wonder...

Wouldn't the butter melt when you deep fried it?

I've also heard of deep fried kool-aid, but don't understand how that would work either...

If you read the article, it melts and a crispy hollow batter shell is left behind, with some melted butter left inside which you pour onto the plate for dipping...

I think it sounds fabulous. If everything could be deep-fried IN butter, I'd be a happy camper!

If you read the article, it melts and a crispy hollow batter shell is left behind, with some melted butter left inside which you pour onto the plate for dipping...

I think it sounds fabulous. If everything could be deep-fried IN butter, I'd be a happy camper!

I agree. I read the article. It sounds pretty dang good. Like a yummy just-out-of-the-fryer donut.

I can't help but wonder...

Wouldn't the butter melt when you deep fried it?

I've also heard of deep fried kool-aid, but don't understand how that would work either...

The article says something about how the butter melts and then it ends up tasting like really buttery pancakes.

As far as the deep fried kool-aid, DH had to try it this year at the fair. He made me try it. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was anything special either. They gave us several pieces...they were ball shaped, maybe about twice the size of donut holes. They *were* a little like donuts, but not as sweet. In the middle, it was just slightly doughy and pink colored. I didn't think they were very sweet, and I didn't think it tasted like kool-aid either.

They have served that at the Oklahoma State Fair for years, it is something we might try as a special fair treat. What grosses me out is the chocolate dipped bacon....

They fry EVERYTHING at our fair! All this talk of the fair has me craving an Indian Taco....

Eeek! Is there a requirement to have an EMT standing by when someone eats that?

Although, I'll admit I bet it tastes good. When I was a little girl, I used to eat spoonfuls of butter sprinkled with sugar. Boy, those days are sure long gone!

A funny thing though. I was just telling DH that when I was getting my prescription at Kaiser a little while ago, I was watching part of a Paula Deen show. All that butter! Oh, but that food looked so, so good!

Here's an internet nutritional analysis on a *fried butter ball*, which is much smaller than a deep fried stick of butter. :D

Nutrition Facts Serving Size 19 g Amount Per Serving Calories 93Calories from Fat 64 % Daily Value* Total Fat 7.1g 11% Saturated Fat 3.6g 18% Cholesterol 25mg 8% Sodium 157mg 7% Total Carbohydrates 6.1g 2% Protein 1.4g Vitamin A 4% • Vitamin C 0% Calcium 1% • Iron 2% Nutrition Grade D- * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Honestly, not as shocking as some snack bags I've seen...:tongue_smilie: