Menu

Naming this puppy is proving to be harder than naming my babies

I think it's because we have five VERY opinionated people in this house. We've narrowed the list down from 18 (!!) to 5. And....you guessed it, all 5 of us have a different favorite name. EEEEEK!!!

Here is the list:

Edmund (this was the first choice "set in stone" name, but not anymore)

Lewis

Jack

Rocco

Stanley

This is for a Yorkie who might be 5 whole lbs when he's grown. :D Wanna vote on your favorite?

Anna got so irritated a few minutes ago, she said, "Let's just name him Ken Tucky!" This was said in her best Southern accent. :lol::lol::lol:

Another vote for Edmund.

Sorry you're being shut out with Stanley. I want to like that name; I know, objectively, that it is a lovely, dignified name. Stanley Park is one of my favorite places in the world. The Stanley Cup! But...the security guy at my old high school was named Stanley, and he spat indiscriminately and smelled of cheese. Just can't shake that image.

I rather like Edmund; not because of that name, but that it inevitably would be shortened to "Eddie" which I think is an adorable dog name.

I'm a big fan of naming dogs "people names"; it's just fun. :)

Had to smile when I read this. I have a firm stand against naming pets people names. It's always awkward to have someone over to the house and they share a name with the gerbil. :D The only time I get close was when I named a dog Shelby....a few years before the wave of Shelby girls hit--(before Steel Magnolias even.) I smile when I think of how many people named their little girls after my German Shepherd.

I vote for Edmund and never would I shorten it to Eddie. lol I've got an uncle Eddie...