Menu

I can't find pants for dd8

First it was impossible to find skinny jeans skinny enough and long enough for dd11. Now I can't find ANYTHING to fit dd8!!! She can NOT wear skinny jeans. They are waaaaaaaaaaaay too tight in her legs. She must have tried on 20 pairs of jeans today, ALL were waaaaaaaaaaay too long! I remembered seeing husky jeans at Pennys. Today we found half sizes. Of course most jeans are skinny. :glare: She's NOT fat, but she is full. She's going to be 9, she's 4'2, 80 lbs. Yes, she's solid, and her legs are VERY full. But I can't find pants for her ANYWHERE!!!

We went to Pennys, Old Navy, Children's Place, Sears. After 5 hours dd said she needed to lose weight and wanted to go home. :sad: I bought her three pairs of leggings, one looks like pants. All are cute.

Any idea where to find full size, NO skinny, short pants?

Have you tried Gymboree? They sell plus sizes. I think Gap does too, but they run slimmer overall.

I didn't try Gap. I went there with dd11 and we finally found ultra skinny's that were even long enough for her! I never saw plus sizes there.

Gymboree only is for little kids, isn't it? She's going to be 9, and she's in a size 8 minimum.

First it was impossible to find skinny jeans skinny enough and long enough for dd11. Now I can't find ANYTHING to fit dd8!!! She can NOT wear skinny jeans. They are waaaaaaaaaaaay too tight in her legs. She must have tried on 20 pairs of jeans today, ALL were waaaaaaaaaaay too long! I remembered seeing husky jeans at Pennys. Today we found half sizes. Of course most jeans are skinny. :glare: She's NOT fat, but she is full. She's going to be 9, she's 4'2, 80 lbs. Yes, she's solid, and her legs are VERY full. But I can't find pants for her ANYWHERE!!!

We went to Pennys, Old Navy, Children's Place, Sears. After 5 hours dd said she needed to lose weight and wanted to go home. :sad: I bought her three pairs of leggings, one looks like pants. All are cute.

Any idea where to find full size, NO skinny, short pants?

If you need jeans I would look at boys jeans. Otherwise, how about ordering from Lands End or Hanna Anderson?

I feel your daughters pain. I was like that as a child (and it is not much easier now either).

I know Sears sells girls husky. I would also check out Lands End.

My son wears Dockers husky but I don't know if they make for girls also.

I have also had luck at Wal Mart and Target with husky jeans (for boys at least)

Wal-Mart's jeans are cut bigger than other places. I only know this because MIL always buys skinny-minny DD jeans from Wal-Mart, thinking she's helping. But they never ever fit. They're cut so much bigger than the Old Navy and Circo pants with the same tag size that they fall off of her. And if she buys down in size, they're too short. So I'd go check out their jeans.

My daughter was having a similar issue last year. She is a nice size, but she is not extra slim. We bought her some lands end jeans at Sears. This year, she really wanted skinny jeans so I bought her a pair of plus sized ones at Old Navy. She doesn't know they are plus sized and I won't be telling her. She is just happy to have jeans that she likes. We have also had good luck at Crazy Eight. They have all their jeans on sale right now too.

Good luck,

Suzanne

If you need jeans I would look at boys jeans. Otherwise, how about ordering from Lands End or Hanna Anderson?

I agree with Lands End, but I REaLLy agree with HA. Best jeans in the world. I cannot sing their praises enough. They can be pricey, but they go on sale. Get the boyfriend style or whatever it's called. Great fit. My dd has a little booty and these fit her great. All their clothes fit her much better than cheaper stuff I find in other stores.

Did you try Old Navy?

They have boyfriend jeans for kids (yeah, not a fan of the name) that are cut wider through the hip and thigh.

I didn't see the name, but we tried on about 8 pairs of jeans by Old Navy. All were too tight in the legs, and far too long.

Are the boyfriend jeans for girls?

Old Navy Plus is GREAT!!

My daughter who is 8 is 4'10" and 98 lb.

Because of her shape, sometimes the plus shirts have been fitting better- she does NOT like the super fitted styles.

I would try them.... and HUGS to your baby girl- I hate that feeling!!! :(

I don't remember seeing PLUS sizes. They were more of the regular boot cut. There was a huge wall of jeans, and we tried on many. I looked through pretty much all the jeans there. I do not remember seeing ANY plus sizes!

Also, thanks to the pp who mentioned looking for boy jeans. I didn't really think of that. I'd feel bad for her, because she wants to wear the CUTE jeans. She has to wear boys sneakers because that's what we found to fit her wider foot. At least the sneakers don't really look like they're just for boys!

I don't remember seeing PLUS sizes. They were more of the regular boot cut. There was a huge wall of jeans, and we tried on many. I looked through pretty much all the jeans there. I do not remember seeing ANY plus sizes!

Also, thanks to the pp who mentioned looking for boy jeans. I didn't really think of that. I'd feel bad for her, because she wants to wear the CUTE jeans. She has to wear boys sneakers because that's what we found to fit her wider foot. At least the sneakers don't really look like they're just for boys!

You could bedazzle them? Trim the pockets & hem with pretty fabric?

I bought plus size pants and jeans at Walmart & Jcpenney when my dd went through that stage. She was round in the middle and short-legged. Finding pants was impossible and I would hem most of them up myself. She did outgrow that stage and can shop in the junior as a size 8 now. So don't despair that this will last forever.

I didn't try Gap. I went there with dd11 and we finally found ultra skinny's that were even long enough for her! I never saw plus sizes there.

Gymboree only is for little kids, isn't it? She's going to be 9, and she's in a size 8 minimum.

Gymboree's sizes go up to 12, and they do make plain jeans.

Gap has jeans for boys that come in a loose fit. I doubt if you would need husky. I think she will be too small for husky, but I've never shopped for girl clothes. The loose fit jeans are cut bigger in the rear and legs and still have the waist tightener thingy. (very technical)

DD4 has this problem (and my older daughter is very skinny too....our lives have way too many similarities sometimes LOL).

What I do for her is buy jeans 2 sizes to big and hem them to the right length. I look for pants that are not distressed (the distressing would be in the wrong spots) and that look like they will cover her toosh. I cut the size tags out so she has no idea what size they are. Not too much of a concern now, but I don't want it to become an issue so I just do it preemptively. I would absolutely do this for your dd. That way no one will ever know what size the were before hand. If you don't hem them yourself, I would also tell the seamstress that she may be a bit sensitive right now and to NOT comment on the size.

If you think the size thing will bother her, let me know and I have a few ideas on how to be tricky about it.

Right now the pairs that fit her and have a high enough waist in the back (I don't like her crack showing) are Circo from Target and Green Dog from Macys/Bon Marche.

DD4 has this problem (and my older daughter is very skinny too....our lives have way too many similarities sometimes LOL).

What I do for her is buy jeans 2 sizes to big and hem them to the right length. I look for pants that are not distressed (the distressing would be in the wrong spots) and that look like they will cover her toosh. I cut the size tags out so she has no idea what size they are. Not too much of a concern now, but I don't want it to become an issue so I just do it preemptively. I would absolutely do this for your dd. That way no one will ever know what size the were before hand. If you don't hem them yourself, I would also tell the seamstress that she may be a bit sensitive right now and to NOT comment on the size.

If you think the size thing will bother her, let me know and I have a few ideas on how to be tricky about it.

Right now the pairs that fit her and have a high enough waist in the back (I don't like her crack showing) are Circo from Target and Green Dog from Macys/Bon Marche.

I can't STAND the jeans that sit low on the waist! Dd11 has to wear those because only the ultra skinny jeans from the Gap fit her.

I will check out Target and Walmart this week.

EXCELLENT idea about the size. I will cut out the tags. Thanks!

have you tried any good thrift or consignment stores? They often have nice pants in various styles and cuts and from lots of different stores.

Another option might be to look at misses petite and hem them.

i know it is terrible trying to find clothes that fit. My 16dd is 100# but only 4'10" but needs a 30C bra---not good to fit as girls clothes are too tight in the chest but womans/juniors are way too long in the sleeves, etc and/or too low cut.

A really cool way to get around the tag thing is to teach your DD what "haute couture" or "bespoke" is. Then you tell her that her clothing is custom and not off the rack.

You can buy customized embroidered tags with their name in them online and have the tailor zap those in.

Sometimes JoAnnes can get them for you also.

The other nice thing with jeans is you can embellish them with patches, stones, ribbons and such. Walmart carries quite a bit.

I have a daughter that is bigger around than she is tall and specifically just has a full round butt. I do get her jeans at thrift stores and my Mom hems them to fit her length. She is not bothered by sizes or anything. Younger dd also has a pair of jeans from Hanna Andersson and I really like those too.

Gymboree goes up to size 12 for girls, and they have plus sizes and bootcut jeans. Here's the current girl's denim page: http://www.gymboree.com/shop/dept_category.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302798993&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446002454&bmUID=1318871427546

Cute stuff.

Edited by Ellyndria

have you tried any good thrift or consignment stores? They often have nice pants in various styles and cuts and from lots of different stores.

Another option might be to look at misses petite and hem them.

i know it is terrible trying to find clothes that fit. My 16dd is 100# but only 4'10" but needs a 30C bra---not good to fit as girls clothes are too tight in the chest but womans/juniors are way too long in the sleeves, etc and/or too low cut.

wow! I can only imagine how hard it is to find clothing to fit your dd!

Since dd is a child and is only 4'2, I don't think petites will be the way to go. I did tell her yesterday that I think we should check consignment shops. The older styles will be there, meaning NO SKINNY JEANS!!!:thumbup:

thanks everyone. I wish I could find a local Hannah Anderson store. I can't even begin to think of ordering anything online since I don't know what size she is! I truly don't!

I'm going to check Target, Walmart and consignment stores before I even consider ordering online. I can also consider bedazzling boys jeans! :D I could even embroider them myself.

Thanks again!!!

wow! I can only imagine how hard it is to find clothing to fit your dd!

Since dd is a child and is only 4'2, I don't think petites will be the way to go. I did tell her yesterday that I think we should check consignment shops. The older styles will be there, meaning NO SKINNY JEANS!!!:thumbup:

DD12 loves consignment store jeans. They are preshrunk and soft! She knows that she can buy pants and they will still fit once they are washed a few times. She has also came to love the idea that she can get 10 pair for under $100 instead of 1 or 2!.

Another thing about buying at a resale shop is that you can show her how much difference there are between sizes and styles. DD12 can wear a 00-1 in different brands/cuts. I think it is important for girls to realize they aren't just one size.

I have one friend with a dd who has extreme sensory issues. They only buy used due to the paper tags/ security tags bugging her dd so much when she is shopping that she will turn down clothes that fit good, based on preconceived future comfort.

thanks everyone. I wish I could find a local Hannah Anderson store. I can't even begin to think of ordering anything online since I don't know what size she is! I truly don't!

I'm going to check Target, Walmart and consignment stores before I even consider ordering online. I can also consider bedazzling boys jeans! :D I could even embroider them myself.

Thanks again!!!

If you have her measurements, they can help you on the phone. :D

Please don't dismiss adult or junior sizes because she's only 4'2"! I hated trying to find jeans for my girls when they were that height because they have athletic thighs (muscle doesn't squish!) and behinds but small waists. The trick for us was adult sizes: petites from Ann Taylor Loft, Gap ("a" is for "ankle" length on their tags, and they are quite short), American Eagle, Aeropostale, places like that. Sometimes I hemmed them, sometimes I could get away with not, and sometimes I got really lucky and found capris my younger could wear as long pants.

I know it is a headache, but your daughter might wear a 00, 0 or 2 in adult sizes, and that's going to beat her wearing the husky or plus sizes. Plus, the jeans are cute, and she'll feel hip and cool.

Terri