Menu

It's not a fart, it's a butt burp

Do you all say excuse me after a burp? I'm thinking the answer is no, judging from the little girls response. I'm just curious. My siblings and I grew up saying "excuse me", or "pardon me", if we burped. But, I have noticed that the majority of people I am around who burp say nothing. When I worked at a pizza restaurant the kids who worked there would burp and not even acknowledge it. My oldest dd is the same. Maybe people today don't excuse themselves as often as they did when I was growing up.

We always say "excuse me" after burping. Now, after "bottom burping" we generally do not acknowledge such things, unless it's too obvious, then the children are required to say "excuse me", also. Although generally they burst out laughing and think it's the greatest thing on earth, especially the boys. :glare: I'm starting to think I will never civilize these little honyaks!

Do you all say excuse me after a burp? I'm thinking the answer is no, judging from the little girls response. I'm just curious. My siblings and I grew up saying "excuse me", or "pardon me", if we burped. But, I have noticed that the majority of people I am around who burp say nothing. When I worked at a pizza restaurant the kids who worked there would burp and not even acknowledge it. My oldest dd is the same. Maybe people today don't excuse themselves as often as they did when I was growing up.

Actually we do say excuse me after burping. It was because I specifically said she had to say excuse me for farting she replied the way she did not because I have not taught her any manners.

Actually we do say excuse me after burping. It was because I specifically said she had to say excuse me for farting she replied the way she did not because I have not taught her any manners.

Oh...ok. Good. :D

I actually was just curious because I wondered if not excusing oneself was a teenage thing or was everyone like this in this day and age now?

I'm so glad you teach "excuse me." :001_smile:

My kids normally just laugh when they burp. If we are in a public place they generally excuse themselves...but not at home. If they do excuse themselves at home it is generally through hysterical laughing.

BTW- my daughter announces "pop goes the weasel" when she passes gas.:001_smile:

LOL, hilarious!

The other day when someone had gas, my youngest got wide-eyed and said, "You just wrecked my joy."

Best story ever. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: DD4 doesn't toot. She has princess air.

:tongue_smilie:

I should not have participated in this thread. I am positive that it was some kind of thread curse that caused me to have a "bottom burp" when my chiropractor adjusted me.:blushing: I said "excuse me". He said nothing and was extremely professional while I tried not to giggle.

:lol:

I should not have participated in this thread. I am positive that it was some kind of thread curse that caused me to have a "bottom burp" when my chiropractor adjusted me.:blushing: I said "excuse me". He said nothing and was extremely professional while I tried not to giggle.

:lol: And I guess it wasn't exactly the time or place for "excuse YOU!"

Oh.my.word.

:smilielol5::smilielol5:

I wonder how often that happens to people? :001_huh: