Menu

See, this alone is why I could never troll.

I can't be depended on to keep the names of my kids straight, let alone my imaginary friends/personalities.

:lol::lol::lol:

Me either, but I have been afraid that one time or another "someone" would sign their name and then people here would wonder, "What the HECK!"

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

]I don't think she replied in answering to Lauren' date=' but changed her name to M in michigan.[/b']

Who know all strange strange. Or maybe she messed up and forgot who was logged in

Yes, in another post she said she changed her user name, but that user name got banned and since then Lauren R., who she was originally (that we are aware of ) hasn't posted back..strange after sooo much activity up until that point imo.

I just pm'd Lauren R. telling her that in light of the current troll outing and the confusion with her new name and then her new name being banned, I would love for her to clarify that she is indeed for real and not a troll. I explained that it was nothing personal, just that we like to know who we are chatting with on here (as well as you can know someone on a public forum.) We'll see if she responds.

I feel kind of bad being so suspicious but the whole holiday birthday thing and how she is moving to MI and not having to worry about having to look for a house because someone just happens to have the perfect house that they will be able to buy and then her friend in TX just happens to want to buy her house so she won't have to worry about finding a buyer. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but it does sound too good to be true. On top of that, I just typed out an incredibly long run on sentence and I'm not going back to fix it.:tongue_smilie:

HI Lauren R! Glad to see you on...maybe you can come and shed some light on all of this confusion for us!

She's viewing this thread now.

I was going to start a new thread but I'll just post on this one :)

The whole troll thing is creepy!

To clarify about the accounts, my old username was Momof7inTX then I asked the Moderators to change it to Lauren R. because I was moving. I didn't realize that it could take so long, so I just made the Mom in Michigan account. Then It got banned. And the sense they changed the Momof7inTX to the name I wanted (Lauren R.). Sorry about the confusion!

I haven't actually logged onto my account for awhile, we just got moved in our new house And I'm also 21 weeks pregnant!

I'm hoping this gets cleared up, I really enjoy reading the forums and just had enough time to start posting again :)

To clarify about the accounts, my old username was Momof7inTX then I asked the Moderators to change it to Lauren R. because I was moving. I didn't realize that it could take so long, so I just made the Mom in Michigan account. Then It got banned. And the sense they changed the Momof7inTX to the name I wanted (Lauren R.). Sorry about the confusion!

I haven't actually logged onto my account for awhile, we just got moved in our new house And I'm also 21 weeks pregnant!

I'm hoping this gets cleared up, I really enjoy reading the forums and just had enough time to start posting again :)

Fer REAL?

Also, did you notice that in this thread http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287882&page=6 that Katherine A. and Mom in Michigan post right after each other #56 and #57, that they are both impressed with what a great mom the other must be! (After my post - ACK - calling one of them Wonder Woman - ACK - and how I was impressed with the number of kids).

One says: You must be a great mom! and im very impressed! I have 7 & things are crazy! But we're trying for 1 more, I guess I'm crazy

Then the other replies: Thanks! And that must mean i am too

OOOOH! You should start a "what should I name the baby?" thread!

I love those threads! :001_wub:

Erm... the bean dip is particularly good this evening, is it not? :leaving:

It goes very, very well with those Market Fresh Organic Blue Corn Chips from Target! MMMMMM, now I have a craving.

You know, it's not so bad having a horrible cold and being left alone by your family for the afternoon. Instead of helping dh sort through 4-H stuff, I'm really enjoying myself on the boards! :001_smile:

:lurk5: Waiting to see how this turns out.

Faith

I can't even keep them all straight anymore, even reading their posts. They all sound like the same person wrote them. And I should just go get something done around the house, but unfortunately I am SO DARN CURIOUS about WHO this really is. I can't figure out if I think it is really a 13yo girl, or an adult. It seems like both. It seems like a teen because of the grammar and spelling, and because of the general feel of the postings. And posting things like, "This is what I'm doing with my kids (in great detail)...what do you think?" rather than a serious discussion about a particular curriculum or grade level(s). And the cutesy names and birthdays, multiple births and all. Saying the kids were in and out of the lake all day. Second smallest room was 15x13 or whatever. Just happened to have a friend in Texas ready to buy her house. Adults know it doesn't work like that. And just sort of too many careless mistakes and sort of ... I don't know how to say it nicely...looked like she wasn't yet finished with her studies. Those things all felt like a young teen.

But then there'd seem to be other things that I'd be surprised a young teen would know or do. Seems like it would be pretty hard for most 13yo girls to be able to stay awake until 4AM unless it was a blowout slumber party, and even then! And some of the knowledge she had about various things - I don't even know what, maybe curriculum or issues with kids. I don't know - it seemed like more than a 13yo would know.

Did you notice that one of them (can't even remember which!) mentioned she only had one brother but her parents were divorced and she didn't live with her brother. Same as Anna Marie when she confessed.

And finally - the biggest mystery of ALL: were the kitten killings intentional??? It may be one of life's unsolved mysteries.

Also, did you notice that in this thread http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287882&page=6 that Katherine A. and Mom in Michigan post right after each other #56 and #57, that they are both impressed with what a great mom the other must be! (After my post - ACK - calling one of them Wonder Woman - ACK - and how I was impressed with the number of kids).

One says: You must be a great mom! and im very impressed! I have 7 & things are crazy! But we're trying for 1 more, I guess I'm crazy

Then the other replies: Thanks! And that must mean i am too

Ooookaaaayy....so, that doesn't add up. Trying for one more when you're already pregnant for several months (not you, Heidi)?? Oh the tangled web we weave.....

I can't even keep them all straight anymore, even reading their posts. They all sound like the same person wrote them. And I should just go get something done around the house, but unfortunately I am SO DARN CURIOUS about WHO this really is. I can't figure out if I think it is really a 13yo girl, or an adult. It seems like both. It seems like a teen because of the grammar and spelling, and because of the general feel of the postings. And posting things like, "This is what I'm doing with my kids (in great detail)...what do you think?" rather than a serious discussion about a particular curriculum or grade level(s). And the cutesy names and birthdays, multiple births and all. Saying the kids were in and out of the lake all day. Second smallest room was 15x13 or whatever. Just happened to have a friend in Texas ready to buy her house. Adults know it doesn't work like that. And just sort of too many careless mistakes and sort of ... I don't know how to say it nicely...looked like she wasn't yet finished with her studies. Those things all felt like a young teen.

But then there'd seem to be other things that I'd be surprised a young teen would know or do. Seems like it would be pretty hard for most 13yo girls to be able to stay awake until 4AM unless it was a blowout slumber party, and even then! And some of the knowledge she had about various things - I don't even know what, maybe curriculum or issues with kids. I don't know - it seemed like more than a 13yo would know.

See, I keep coming back to all this and thinking it IS a young teen... a kid with inattentive parents (computer in her room, whatever) who knows how to google and how to search the boards. A teen (if I had to guess) in a home where a girl's future is limited to wife-and-motherhood and who is escaping into a fantasy that she is already there in her adult life. It is *easy* to find enough info on the internet to sound like you know what you're talking about.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2882238&postcount=40

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2882151&postcount=103

:confused: But you were "trying" just a little over four weeks ago?? Were you "trying" to get through your pregnancy? Or TTC?

Is it just me, or is the insult to the general intelligence really offensive?

See, I keep coming back to all this and thinking it IS a young teen... a kid with inattentive parents (computer in her room, whatever) who knows how to google and how to search the boards. A teen (if I had to guess) in a home where a girl's future is limited to wife-and-motherhood and who is escaping into a fantasy that she is already there in her adult life. It is *easy* to find enough info on the internet to sound like you know what you're talking about.

That's what I'm thinking. Especially the fantasy part. When I was 13 I had all kinds of fantasies about future children, names picked out, etc. If we'd had internet I might possibly have been posting in places like this.

I didn't have a limited future btw, it was just the only thing I wanted at that age. I was unschooled, and I really wanted structure, so all of my fantasies had a lot more structure than I did.

I'm surprised the kilt pics haven't come out yet. Does anyone have a picture of an actual fantasy-based troll wearing a kilt?

You know, if you type "kilt, troll" in google, this is what you get.

the-kilts-the-troll-doms-hair-their-smiles

I hope this copies through okay. I have the computer skills of single celled organism!!!!! :D And yes, if you look closely Viggo is wearing a kilt while holding a troll doll.

Faith

*sigh* i really need to decide, were going to be moving in 2 1/2 months and were going to take our break then, and dont want to get behind..

I have idea's on how to combine ella, libby, neveah and james in core f, i posted it on the sonlight forum & maybe it will work. :d

and my kids arent really hands-on learners, they all love to read though and do projects.

Decisions..decisions..

free nevaeh!!!!

What DID YOU DO WITH NEVEAH?!?!?

:lol::lol::lol: You know, it was YOU who made me start getting suspicious a few days ago. I noticed how sugary sweet you were in posts to AM, and thought, "That's not her usual 'voice' here on the boards - she sounds like she's trying to figure something out."

I was already pregnant then, but didn't know it.

Really? After being pregnant before several times?

You know, if you type "kilt, troll" in google, this is what you get.

the-kilts-the-troll-doms-hair-their-smiles

I hope this copies through okay. I have the computer skills of single celled organism!!!!! :D And yes, if you look closely Viggo is wearing a kilt while holding a troll doll.

Faith

Okay, trying again here. Boy, I wish dh were here to help.