Menu

Troll!

Does that count? ;)

I hate when stupid real life things like sleeping and homeschooling take me away from the boards and make me miss all the fun. :tongue_smilie: I have figured out how to check the boards and still keep up with school, but I cannot seem to check them and sleep. And that is when the kilts come out and all the real fun happens.

See this is what I said toward the end of the Ugh thread....some type of warning system needs to be put into place! How can we make this happen?;)

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I have nothing better to do so I went snooping. Here is a thread started by Lauren R but then Mom in Michigan comes in and starts responding as if it was her original question. Hmmmmmm, curiouser and curiouser.

Oh! YOWZERS!! Mom in MI even refers to "Lauren"'s kids by name! So, why isn't Lauren R banned?

I don't pick up on this stuff. This is creepy.

Okay, I have nothing better to do so I went snooping. Here is a thread started by Lauren R but then Mom in Michigan comes in and starts responding as if it was her original question. Hmmmmmm, curiouser and curiouser.

And if you go to page 2, Mom in Michigan has kids with the exact same names as the original poster (Lauren R)!

It's as if she started out posting under one user name and then forgot which one and replied using another one.

Makes me wonder how many "dual personalities" we have on the board. And I mean that literally...not figuratively. Although, I'm starting to wonder! :lol:

No, she didn't say or quote anything that had crossed the line. She posted the info mentioned (beginning, "I'm not gonna lie anymore"), including her best friend lives in Bulgaria (?) and her other friends hate her. She hates her life, her dad hates her (I think) and he tries to keep her brother from her and her mom. I don't remember what else. It wasn't rude or anything, but just a series of statements like that in one post. Then I saw two more posts from her after that responding something (not rudely) like "well, it's true". That was around 2:00AM or just after. I can't believe I stayed up to read that. It was like watching a bad miniseries on TV.

Thanks for filling us in, Heidi. I came on here this morning HOPING to see the pic or her excuse or whatever hilarity ensued after I went to bed last night. Kinda bummed that her/his posts and other responses to it were deleted.

ETA - Oooh! My post count is the Battle of Hastings!

ETA again - never mind, I posted elsewhere and it changed.

Edited by Mothersweets

You know, I didn't figure out it was a troll.

I have to admit I was wondering how in the hell you could homeschool that many kids and USE a fairly decent language arts curriculum (I thought she said CLE) and still think that were (as in, we were shopping) had an apostrophe in it.

Was there one? I just have been trying to read through some of the stuff to figure things out.

I didn't read a confession.....please link if there is one!

Dawn

I was hoping to see the pic too! I lost the boards at some point last night, so I just went to bed. And I missed the dramatic confession! :001_huh:

Ummmm....when I friended Mom in Michigan her signature was freakily similar to Lauren R.'s here. I don't remember all of her kids' names except Libby (Liberty) She was born on the 4th of July. She added in b-days when she was Mom in Michigan. But now they are deleted. Here's the thread about Libby's b-day. I didn't even think troll. I thought maybe her dh was an OB and they were overly enthusiastic about making sure their kids had cool birthdays. I mean what are the odds? It doesn't make sense why Lauren R. has not been banned. That *is* Mom in MI sig line without the b-days.

Dh got a new job! In michigan!

I've been wanting to move back there (lived there as a kid)

All my family is there! And im getting so sick of the very hot weather in Texas.

All the kids are asleep, and dh wanted to talk to me about it first if i wanted to move, and i do! They will be so excited they love going there!

Just thought i'd share my excitment

But i guess that means, i have to change my username? Can you? Or do you have to make a new account?

HOLY CARP BATMAN!!

I PM'ed this girl about her move.

'cause guess where I live?

I must totally need my head examined. :scared::banghead:

If the whackadoodles could please relocate to Vermont and give me a break. Thanks!

All my family is there! And im getting so sick of the very hot weather in Texas.

All the kids are asleep, and dh wanted to talk to me about it first if i wanted to move, and i do! They will be so excited they love going there!

But i guess that means, i have to change my username? Can you? Or do you have to make a new account?

HOLY CARP BATMAN!!

If the whackadoodles could please relocate to Vermont and give me a break. Thanks!

I deleted that, sorry. When I read further on in that thread she says she just made a new account. Last post, I believe.

In this thread Mom in Michigan admits to being Lauren R. She said she changed her user name.

I wonder if she did that on her own or if she contacted a mod to do that.

It seems like if the mods did it there wouldn't be a Lauren R. account that is still active.

Maybe someone who has actually been through a name change would know how that works. Is your old account with your old name still active?

It seems like if the mods did it there wouldn't be a Lauren R. account that is still active.

Maybe someone who has actually been through a name change would know how that works. Is your old account with your old name still active?

I don't really know what's going on here.

But, I do know that in the Board Rules/FAQ's it says:

Choose your Username Carefully

If we respond to username change requests, we do so at a snail's pace. Don't be surprised if it takes more than 6 months, if at all. We strongly suggest you do not include your location or the number of children you have in your username as those things tend to change.

I don't think she could change her name that quick. It's kinda freaky but she must have signed up under multiple names at the same time.

You cannot have two accounts. That's why the one is banned. The mods usually only ban the secondary account.

You cannot have two accounts. That's why the one is banned. The mods usually only ban the secondary account.

Ohhhh...So she wasn't banned for being a troll. Just for having a second account. So are AM and Lauren R. the same person?

Still...the b-days were extraordinary.

Ohhhh...So she wasn't banned for being a troll. Just for having a second account. So are AM and Lauren R. the same person?

I meant Lauren R and the Mom in Michigan accounts (where she admits it). I don't know about the other thing. I was about and about most of yesterday, I missed most of it. :)

You posted while I was posting too....so Mom in Michigan got banned because it was a secondary account that she created without permission from the mods. But then she never came back to post as Lauren R. Is that right?

But, what if you have multiple e-mail addresses (Outlook Express, Hotmail, Yahoo, G-Mail, etc)? You could sign up multiple times and be multiple people....which is disturbing.

But, what if you have multiple e-mail addresses (Outlook Express, Hotmail, Yahoo, G-Mail, etc)? You could sign up multiple times and be multiple people....which is disturbing.

The moderators can check the IP addresses, and it is a lot harder to fake those. That is how most double posters get caught.

Honestly, it is probably a good lesson for us to remember that a lot of people lie on the Internet. Nobody has to be honest, and some people really have nothing better to do with themselves than to become trolls, either because they are scamming for money, they like they feeling of being able to fool people, they are mentally ill, or they just plain like the attention. I am not saying we can't trust anybody on the Internet, but we do need to be careful.

Edited by Asenik

I miss the old boards! :(

It revealed everyone's IP address. So unless they were physically somewhere else (i.e., one account at home and another account at work, or at the library, etc.) it was very hard to pretend to be multiple people.

You posted while I was posting too....so Mom in Michigan got banned because it was a secondary account that she created without permission from the mods. But then she never came back to post as Lauren R. Is that right?

As far as I can tell from her page Lauren R. logged in this morning before noon. The last time she posted was June 30th.

As far as I can tell from her page Lauren R. logged in this morning before noon. The last time she posted was June 30th.

That's new...and what I figured. I checked Lauren R. yesterday and no activity since July 1st.

Now...with the other user name / user names banned, we're back online as Lauren R. :glare:

Now...with the other user name / user names banned, we're back online as Lauren R. :glare:

Oooh, maybe we should all send her a message telling her that there is some confusion as to her real identity and ask if perhaps she would like to clarify for all of us.

HOLY CARP BATMAN!!

Oh man!!!! THAT woman was fake??? Dangit. I was all excited for her to come back up here. :D

Boy---I really missed it all!! Drama and intrigue on a homeschool chat board! But I have to say this multiple username thing happens on another board I frequent. I can 'hear' how certain people post questions and it's clear to me when someone has created a new profile asking the same questions. I just figure it's some sort of instability or boredom :confused: Creepy though---especially when you've replied in friendliness or trying to help :glare:

Then again---it's the internet. People can come across as who they want to be seen as, and not who they really are. I've never felt comfortable having a signature line with too many details---even my kids' names---and now I'm glad I've followed that instinct. Of course, the fact that I've never been able to figure out HOW to make those fancy signature lines help out too :tongue_smilie:

Did we ever find out if the kid at least really does live in Michigan?? Faith and I are still trying to palm her off on Vermont. :D

Oh, I don't know now :biggrinjester:, I'm beginning to think that the Antarctic "biodome for the crazy people we don't want in Michigan anymore" would be more appropriate. Though, with the sheer number of Michigan politicians that would find themselves residing there, it might not be feasible. We might need two biodomes in order to house them all!!

What is it with Michigan these days?????

Faith

I would be sooooo grateful if someone could PM me too!

I am especially interested to know:

- what piece of information DulcimerAmy found elsewhere

- what AM said when she came back

Thanks!

I'd be interested, too - mostly the bolded part since HeidiKC gave the run -down on what AM said when she came back.

And if you go to page 2, Mom in Michigan has kids with the exact same names as the original poster (Lauren R)!

It's as if she started out posting under one user name and then forgot which one and replied using another one.

Makes me wonder how many "dual personalities" we have on the board. And I mean that literally...not figuratively. Although, I'm starting to wonder! :lol:

I don't think she replied in answering to Lauren, but changed her name to M in michigan.

Who know all strange strange. Or maybe she messed up and forgot who was logged in

I take offense to that!!! Just kidding. But, since I have Dissociative Identity Disorder it has made me wonder if this person has DID and her parts are posting under their own names. I have never done that before or any boards that I have been on or am active on now. Just want everyone to know that we all post under my name :)

I take offense to that!!! Just kidding. But, since I have Dissociative Identity Disorder it has made me wonder if this person has DID and her parts are posting under their own names. I have never done that before or any boards that I have been on or am active on now. Just want everyone to know that we all post under my name :)

And a great username you all have. :001_smile: