Menu

Where to find a good fitting slim jean?

I have two skinny kiddos that do not fit in regular pants. I need to find an adjustable waist slim jean for both of them. I can find slim sizes but not adjustable waist or adjustable waist but not slim.

Anyone know of a brand that does both?

The Children's Place.

Boden have a slim/long fit on their kids trousers and often have adjustable waist.

:iagree:

I haven't really searched all of the products out there, but am very happy with the Mini Boden jeans for my skinny dd. She's my wheelchair kid--no lower leg muscles, so very skinny legs. These have an adjustable elastic waist, are slim through the legs, and are reasonably long. She wears a size bigger than in other jeans, but they look really good on her. Expensive though--try to get them on sale.

In my experience Land's End is the only place that has slim sizes AND adjustable waists.

The stuff at Target at Children's place that I've bought has only the adjustable waists (although they have worked for us) but "standard" sizes. I think Gap and Old Navy that we have had were bought in store and were not of the slim variety.

Maybe Sears?!?! Back in the day they always had the Slim & Husky sizes.

I have two skinny kiddos that do not fit in regular pants. I need to find an adjustable waist slim jean for both of them. I can find slim sizes but not adjustable waist or adjustable waist but not slim.

Anyone know of a brand that does both?

Same situation here with both of my kiddos. Not sure what size you're needing, but I just bought some Arizona brand jeans for my daughter (little girls size 6) at JCPenney last week that were slim with the adjustable waist. They had quite a selection at the time. It does seem to be hit and miss though whether I can find both the slims and the adjustable waist.

Walmart and Kohls both have slim jeans with adjustable waistbands. It used to be hard to find jeans that were both slim AND had the adj waistband, but a lot of places seem to carry them more recently. Lands End jeans are cut too big around for my dd, but she has several pairs from Kohls that fit fine.

For my skinny teens, Aeropostale is just about the only place we can find pants that fit well.

The stuff at Target at Children's place that I've bought has only the adjustable waists (although they have worked for us) but "standard" sizes.

Children's Place has adjustable waists in their slim sizes. I've been buying them for both my boys and girls for years. They are slimmer than Lands End too. I've found LE slims to fit more like regulars--had to adjust the waistband elastic quite a bit.

Hi!

When we went shopping for my skinny-mini 13yo girl in mid July, the salesperson said they just received their fall line (fall in July, ha!) and they were 2/$30 for either Skinny, Super Skinny and their other jeans. We prefer jeans to be looser rather than skin tight so she only got the skinny, lol. Nice colors too: super dark navy, and black denim. Have fun shopping!

Old Navy jeans are usually the slimmest I've found. If you get "slim" sizes in a "skinny" style (and all of the kids' jeans come with adjustable waists), you can usually get pretty slim stuff (although we do still have to cinch the adjustable waists).

Children's Place has adjustable waists in their slim sizes. I've been buying them for both my boys and girls for years. They are slimmer than Lands End too. I've found LE slims to fit more like regulars--had to adjust the waistband elastic quite a bit.

Do you have to go to the store to get the slim sizes? I don't see them online at the Children's Place.

Yes, for the LE ones, I did have to still yank quite a bit of the elastic "out".

Do you have to go to the store to get the slim sizes? I don't see them online at the Children's Place.

Yes, for the LE ones, I did have to still yank quite a bit of the elastic "out".

Never Mind!!! I just saw online where they were at Children's Place. I didn't realize that they were considered a different "style" rather than a different "size". (also their website says they are only available online.) I also didn't realize the same idea was happening at Old Navy where you had to buy the skinny or super skinny *style*. I must be too old fashioned:lol: oh well! at least this new knowledge will open more doors. But these jeans aren't available in toddler sizes are they?

GAP has slim sizes with adjustable waist. I always have my kids try them on b/c they offer many different styles which fit differently. My DS8 tried on four different styles last winter in size 7 slim...2 fit, 1 was too baggy and 1 was way too tight.

Never Mind!!! I just saw online where they were at Children's Place. I didn't realize that they were considered a different "style" rather than a different "size". (also their website says they are only available online.) I also didn't realize the same idea was happening at Old Navy where you had to buy the skinny or super skinny *style*. I must be too old fashioned:lol: oh well! at least this new knowledge will open more doors. But these jeans aren't available in toddler sizes are they?

Not all of them are the "skinny jeans". I just clicked on girl (in the header), then denim and then slim denim fit. They do have bootcut also (and the "skinny" style is also available in plus sizes--so you may want to be sure you are actually looking at slim fit jeans).

I can't recall as I've ever been to their store. (I live in the boonies and hate the mall. :tongue_smilie:)