Menu

The Melting Pot

Bring a lot of money. :tongue_smilie:

I love fondue places and dd and I recently went to the Melting Pot when dh and the little guys were away (3 and 5 year old with hot cheese and oil = bad idea). It was over $100 for the two of us with no alcohol and just a cheese, main course and chocolate. We even ordered one of the less expensive main courses. We will still go again but it will not be a frequent thing.

They do publish their menu with prices online so if you haven't been before, you may want to take a look.

Yes, definitely an expensive place to go - but the cheese and chocolate fondue are to die for! I could skip the meat part and be perfectly happy.

Check the website, too. I've had a variety of things from there and never thought anything was NOT good...but they change things often:)

Enjoy!!

We usually get the salad, cheese, and dessert. It's generally the right amount of food. If you throw in the main course, then it significantly increases the price. Plus it puts it over our limit for how much food we can eat.

For cheese, it's always the Wisconsin Trio. For chocolate, it's always just plain dark chocolate.

I LOVE LOVE that place - haven't been in many years, though :( Very expensive, and there isn't one where we live now...

Anyhow, the last time I went (for an anniversary) we got the full meal for 2 - cheese to start, broth with meat, and chocolate for dessert. Everything was WONDERFUL - I was particularly impressed with cooking the meats in the flavored broth (which doesn't sound that exciting, but was actually VERY yummy!). We did steak, lobster & chicken mix - they were all fabulous :)

Dessert & cheese fondue are, of course, the traditional ones - and they are fantastic, too!!

I just saw this offer for our local Melting Pot.....I will ask my friend if she wants a main dish or not. It will just be adults, so we could sit at the bar.

Dawn

Half Off at the Bar

MONDAY - THURSDAY • 5 P.M. - 7 P.M.

Enjoy the cheese fondue, salads, and chocolate fondue for half off at the bar. Available at the bar only and may not be combined with any other offer.

I have NEVER been to The Melting Pot because of the cost. Taking the entire family would be far more than we would spend on an evening out.

It was on our Restaurant week list, where you get an appet, meal, and dessert for $30. I missed that (last week), but even that was too pricey for a family of 5.

I am only paying for myself for this meal and have $50 or so to budget (shhh....don't tell DH) but if we do the 1/2 price cheese and dessert it will be significantly less.

If we don't do the 1/2 price cheese and dessert thing, can I sit at a regular table and order only cheese and dessert?

Dawn

I have NEVER been to The Melting Pot because of the cost. Taking the entire family would be far more than we would spend on an evening out.

It was on our Restaurant week list, where you get an appet, meal, and dessert for $30. I missed that (last week), but even that was too pricey for a family of 5.

I am only paying for myself for this meal and have $50 or so to budget (shhh....don't tell DH) but if we do the 1/2 price cheese and dessert it will be significantly less.

If we don't do the 1/2 price cheese and dessert thing, can I sit at a regular table and order only cheese and dessert?

Dawn

Yes. :) My DH and I have gone and ordered just the cheese course a few times.

Thanks.

I am hoping she will agree to the bar thing, but she has some plans for today and I am not sure she can even make it there before the time frame listed.

Dawn

Yes. :) My DH and I have gone and ordered just the cheese course a few times.

Dawn

I think so! My dh and I just went for the first time last Sunday for our anniversary. We had a coupon and so got cheese, salad, and a main course for cheaper, with $5 more per person for chocolate (which of course we got!). I agree with other posters--the meat course was just okay. I actually felt like it was a lot of work! All that maneuvering around with raw meat! It was like I paid a lot of money to cook my own meal. I'd much rather eat a main course at a restaurant where they just bring me the cooked food! But we REALLY loved the chocolate. We got the "flaming turtle", which was chocolate, pecans, and caramel. It came with milk chocolate, but we switched that for dark chocolate. Oh. My. Goodness. I could have just eaten that with a spoon! Soooooo good. My dh and I decided that we would come back on a date some night just for the chocolate--and we are certainly planning on sitting at a regular table, not in the bar!

Now, the bar.....does it have tables too or is it just at the bar with other people?

I haven't ever been there.

I know at our favorite restaurant, Claim Jumper, we have often eaten in the bar, but we got a booth in the bar, so it didn't feel like bar eating.

Dawn

If you want to make it to dessert, PACE yourself. Do not fill up on bread and veggies before the meat and chocolate even hit the table. I cope by skipping the veggies :-). I love 'em, but I can fill up on raw veggies at home anytime.

It's a nice evening out, but after two visits I bought a fondu pot. Its just SO MUCH CHEAPER to do it yourself. We've made it our Christmas Eve tradition.

KFP

Yeah, this is a special deal with a girlfriend.

What kind of fondue do you make?

I had a fondue pot I took back (Rachel Ray and it chipped horribly) but I would like an electric one.

Dawn

If you want to make it to dessert, PACE yourself. Do not fill up on bread and veggies before the meat and chocolate even hit the table. I cope by skipping the veggies :-). I love 'em, but I can fill up on raw veggies at home anytime.

It's a nice evening out, but after two visits I bought a fondu pot. Its just SO MUCH CHEAPER to do it yourself. We've made it our Christmas Eve tradition.

KFP

We take the boys and go with my parents on New Year's Eve. I have been several times before, and while the bread/vegetable part with cheese is really good, the meat is nothing special. In fact, I worry the entire time I'm poisoning myself.

When we take our boys, we get two pots of chocolate and we have stuff leftover. It is awesome!

Yes, definitely an expensive place to go - but the cheese and chocolate fondue are to die for! I could skip the meat part and be perfectly happy.

Check the website, too. I've had a variety of things from there and never thought anything was NOT good...but they change things often:)

Enjoy!!

That's what DH and I do when we get a chance to go. The salad appetizers are great - so we do salad, cheese, and dessert. It's awesome and so much cheaper. If we do the whole meal we always feel sick when we get to dessert.

Haven't lived near a Melting Pot in several years, so I don't remember the exact names, but I, for one, actually love the main course (meat and veggie - we would get a steak and chicken combo of some sort). We would get the flavored broth (not oil) to cook in. We'd dump all the veggies in the broth first, then start cooking 2-3 pieces of meat at once and keep rotating as they get done. Fish the veggies out when they're done. They bring you several sauces that are very yummy to dip everything in. There was a white and green sauce (maybe green goddess?) that was really yummy to dip the cooked mushrooms in.

I actually liked the main course better than the cheese. But of course, that's because the cheese has an alcohol base, and I just don't like the alcohol flavor...messes with my cheese. :P I still eat it though.

Love the salads too!

And my favorite chocolate fondue for dessert was always the s'mores!

When we went there, we usually planned on being there 2-3 hours to get through all the courses.

KFP

I bought one, too! LOL! I got mine at target - electric. It's great. I use the recipes that come with it and it's as good or better than Melting Pot. We only do the cheese and chocolate, though. I may need to do this with the kids for fun this week!

The spinich and artichoke fondu is DEVINE!!! We order that one every time. Yum!

That sounds amazing! I keep waiting for a Groupon or some such discount coupon to come to my email, but no such luck yet...

To the OP, have a great time! I can't wait to go myself. Hubby and I were just talking about it the other day.

My only suggestion--do not eat today. :) Esp if you get a main dish...I could barely walk after finishing all 4 courses!

Have fun! I love Melting Pot--as much for the experience as for the food, if not more.

I love the melting pot. It is my favorite place to eat. I can honestly say I have never gotten anything there I didn't like. Any cheese course is good. I love the California Salad. They also have a salad with a warm dressing which is really good. I really like the meat course, I like the terriyaki marinated sirloin best. I also like the veggies dipped in the green goddess dip. I recently went there for ladies night out with my daughters and niece. It was a really special time with them. Our MP has ladies night out on Monday and you get the salad, cheese, and chocolate course for $16/person. I did kind of miss the meat course, though, so I would get it if you can afford it.

Joy

Oh, and if you go to their website and sign up for club fondue, they will send you an offer for a free chocolate fondue. They also send out email notifications when they are having specials like "Ladies night out" and birthday or anniversary specials.

HTH,

Joy