Menu

your favorite blender?? looking for one per dh

I bought a blender (actually my mom did and said all blenders are the same so purchased a Rival cheap $25 blender at Walmart). Hubby hates it. He said this is so cheap and it doesn't run right. He was trying to make a milkshake last night and it refused to stir it up. So he asked me why I bought a cheap blender. I told him I didn't. Mom did. LOL! He said find out what those ladies like that will blend anything without it sounding like it is getting ready to die.

Holly

Honestly, I got mine for $3 at a thrift store. It's probably about 30 years old but it works like a charm, has a heavy glass pitcher and lots of settings.

When it comes to appliances (smaller ones at least) I prefer buying a much older one used then anything new. The amount of $ I'd have to spend to get a comparable blender (or food processor or sewing machine or rice cooker - 3 more used buys) would have been ridiculous and it likely would not have matched my thrift store buy for quality.

Another vote for the Ninja! We're hard on blenders (daily smoothies w/frozen fruit) and this one has lasted longer than others. I also love the extra mini-pitchers it comes with. I can chop up something (like salsa), remove the blade, put a lid on it, and stick it in the fridge. No need to transfer to a different container.

I have a Hamilton Beach personal blender that cost $15.

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51101-Personal-Blender/dp/B00065L6CU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311689266&sr=8-3

That thing is a workhorse. We use it at least 5 times per day since everyone makes their own personal smoothie. It blends ice and frozen fruit and is still going strong after 2 years (unlike my KitchenAid blender that broke 3 times before I tossed it).

I love this Ninja. I bought this one at Sam's Club for about $50. It will take a pitcher of ice cubes and turn it into snow in less than a minute, and it doesn't stress the machine at all. It really is amazing.

I bought this one after seeking advice here. It's a great blender. I've never used a blender as often as I do now. I've made smoothies in it without issue. I cook up sausage and blend it so it is fine and sprinkle that in eggs. I can use 2oz of finely ground sausage in eggs for 6 to get the flavor without the fat and calories. This weekend I used it to make guacamole. And we have tested it's ability to blend ice into snow...no problem.

The only thing I don't like about this Ninja is that it only pulses. You can't turn it on and let it go.

We love the Magic Bullet...you can drink right out of the cup after you blend it

I have a blender as part of my bosch. It is fabulous BUT earlier this year we got the magic bullet and I love it. We have four cups. The kids (or whoever) can mix up their personal drink, drink it out of the same cup and then put their cup in the dishwasher. Love it!

We love our vitamix and wouldn't hesitate to replace it if it ever broke. It's a tank. I'm surprised with the stuff it has blended for me. It is pricey, but we got it at Costco and it was cheaper than most other places, I think.

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51101-Personal-Blender/dp/B00065L6CU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311689266&sr=8-3

That thing is a workhorse. We use it at least 5 times per day since everyone makes their own personal smoothie. It blends ice and frozen fruit and is still going strong after 2 years (unlike my KitchenAid blender that broke 3 times before I tossed it).

This is the one we have too....love it, love it, love it! Great blender for a very inexpensive price!

Diane

We have this kitchenaid blender. The vitamix sounded great, but I use my blender for lots of things that I don't neccesarily want completely smooth. I didn't want to pay that much either :-/

http://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KSB560OB-5-Speed-56-Ounce-Blender/dp/B000CSNVE2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311733802&sr=8-1

It's been great for morning smoothies and crushing ice. It can handle frozen strawberries. I use it to puree veggie soups too. I killed my old, cheap walmart blender making hummus, but to be fair is did last 17 years. This sounds silly, but I really like that it has a wide base and you can use it like a regular pitcher once you've blended your drinks. No wobbly skinny bottom.

KFP

He said find out what those ladies like that will blend anything without it sounding like it is getting ready to die.

Holly

We got a blendtec during a costco roadshow for christmas so we could do smoothies. this is the blender used in the youtube "will it blend?" video's. I had been using my mother's vintage osterizer (which wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.). It will do a milkshake. It turned my graham cracker wannabe crumbs to flour in nothing flat. my dutch babies now come out lighter than I thought possible. things I used to dread having to blend (e.g. cream cheese and fruit for bagels) now blend like a dream. we love it.

Honestly, I got mine for $3 at a thrift store. It's probably about 30 years old but it works like a charm, .

that's how I am with waffle irons. they just don't make them like they used too. the old ones make the best waffles . . . . .

I am so glad the OP stared this...I bought the above blender today at Target for $12 on sale. I'm gonna try it out tonight!!

Vitamix. Hands down. Other blenders ceased to exist after we got this one. It is a-mazing.

:iagree:

I hemmed and hawed for two years before breaking down and getting the Vitamix. I love the thing. It will even blend avocado pits, not that you would want to, but it can. :tongue_smilie: