Menu

She rents my house in another state. She (is either drunk or stupid) let me know that her son blew up the toilet today with a fire cracker.

She is supposed to be moving out by the end of the month. August 1 can't arrive quickly enough.

She rents my house in another state. She (is either drunk or stupid) let me know that her son blew up the toilet today with a fire cracker.

She is supposed to be moving out by the end of the month. August 1 can't arrive quickly enough.

:svengo:

Yeah, I am evicting her. She has to be gone by July 31.

Ick, evict: expect damage.

My mother got out of renting after a renter demanded a heater be put in (my mother grew up in the house in San Diego, and the house had no heat its first 80 years), and then her son urinated on it while it was hot and cracked the unit.

I'm sorry that you're going through this. What will you do if she doesn't get out by the 1st? How long can these things take?

We're renters, but we are dream tenants. My husband even mows the lawn and shovels and salts the property in the winter so that the landlord who lives 45 min away doesn't have to. We live in a triple decker house with 2 other families.

We just had to evict people. They opted to completely remove the kitchen sink from the counter, and broke a bathroom sink into multiple pieces, among other things. They really put a lot of effort into their destruction - it was rather amazing.:glare:

I'm sorry that you're going through this. What will you do if she doesn't get out by the 1st? How long can these things take?

We're renters, but we are dream tenants. My husband even mows the lawn and shovels and salts the property in the winter so that the landlord who lives 45 min away doesn't have to. We live in a triple decker house with 2 other families.

I know what you mean. Since we don't know where we want to settle we are renting too.

I haven't talked to my landlord in six months. I pay my rent two days early and treat his house like my own.

I can't believe how much drama there is when some people rent a house.

• 4 weeks later...

We just rented a new place.

Evidently the owner was watching how my almost 4-year old was behaving while we were over looking at the house and then petting her dog. And she really did look into our references! I got notifications from various folk that they'd gotten calls from her.

We have excellent references. Even the place that is terminating our lease put IN THEIR letter "this has nothing to do with you. You have been excellent tenants" I treasure that.

I'm so sorry you're having such an awful time! Are good renters really that hard to find?

We currently rent. Your situation does shed a little light on why our landlord was so happy to meet us this last February, lol. (They live out of state so we're cared for by a rental agency.) :001_smile:

I wish I could find another homeschool family to rent from and move out of ours now. Our landlord isn't bad, he is actually quite good compared to others we have had. That is another thread though...

True what a pp said. We need a way to hook up good landlords with good tenants!