Menu

Look who we just adopted!

post-668-13535085013231_thumb.jpg

A friend of mine is getting a divorce and she could not keep him. He is a Greater Swiss Mountain dog and he is HUGE! We currently have a corgi so the height difference between the two is quite amusing.

But he is the sweetest dog with a very gentle dispostition. We just love him! :001_smile:

post-668-13535085013231_thumb.jpg

:svengo: What a GORGEOUS dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 75 lb greyhound and a 13 lb dachsund. The dachsund is the alpha male. :confused: The greyhound loves to cuddle with my 11 lb rat terrier. They really are quite amusing!!!:lol:

***LOVE*** your dog! He's a keeper!!! What's his name?

am I correct to say that he looks like a Burmese Mtn. Dog with short hair?

That is exactly correct! They are "cousins"

And his name is Koda. Not sure what it means but we will keep it for him so it doesn't confuse him.

And my 20lb corgi is also already the alpha male. One swip of Koda's paw could change all that but he honestly is just too much of a gentle baby!

:svengo: What a GORGEOUS dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 75 lb greyhound and a 13 lb dachsund. The dachsund is the alpha male. :confused: The greyhound loves to cuddle with my 11 lb rat terrier. They really are quite amusing!!!:lol:

***LOVE*** your dog! He's a keeper!!! What's his name?

:lol: Same here. We have an 80lb Lab and a 15lb Lhasa Apso. The Lab is scared of the Lhasa.

OP, that dog is just beautiful! I want to kiss him.

:lol: Same here. We have an 80lb Lab and a 15lb Lhasa Apso. The Lab is scared of the Lhasa.

OP, that dog is just beautiful! I want to kiss him.

And his name is Koda. Not sure what it means but we will keep it for him so it doesn't confuse him.

And my 20lb corgi is also already the alpha male. One swip of Koda's paw could change all that but he honestly is just too much of a gentle baby!

I find it annoying sometimes.:glare::lol:

*LOVE* the name Koda!!!

What a handsome dog! He looks like a sweetheart. I hope he gets along well with your Corgi. It's funny when the smaller animal is the boss, isn't it? We have two bunnies, one is a bigger (8.5 lb.) English spot mix, and the other is a petite Lionhead lop mix (just under 5 lb.). Of course the little one is the dominant rabbit. We call her "the princess". She's not afraid of anything, and is very clear when we displease her. :D

Wendi

He looks and sounds awesome.

Of our 3 dogs the smallest is definitely the boss. She won't let the other two eat unless someone is there to make her back off. Even then she will stand and glare at them. Our biggest won't even go close to the food until you make the little one go somewhere else.:tongue_smilie: She is a bully!

Thanks for posting this. Let me say first that my dh and I are partial to labs....our first passed away years ago and now we have our 2nd one!!

Now, I saw this dog that you're speaking of at our church's fall festival about 5 years ago. We passed the dog and it's owner and I immediately liked the dog. Then I forgot to write the breed down, but I knew it had swiss and mountain in it. I researched and still couldn't find it. :confused:

I read your post and realize this is the same dog....same breed I mean. So, off to make a note, that in addition to our lab I also really like Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs and Huskies and Malamutes (sp?)!!!

THANKS!!

I love Koda's colors and markings. My brother's family adopted a Burnese Mtn dog--their faces look more square with their ears higher up on their heads.

Tasha Tudor's favorite dog was the Corgi and I always think of her with I see one.

Edited by Kerrie in VA

You simply must post more pictures!!!! He's adorable! I want to see one with your other dog in it!!

This is what I was going to say- I'd love to see a pic of the two of them together! He is beautiful!! I so want a big sweetie just like him!

We found a big dog who stayed with us for the weekend and he was so laid back and sweet. My kids would hug him and cuddle him and he was so patient. I was kind of sad we found his owners and had to give him back!

[ATTACH]5533[/ATTACH]

A friend of mine is getting a divorce and she could not keep him. He is a Greater Swiss Mountain dog and he is HUGE! We currently have a corgi so the height difference between the two is quite amusing.

But he is the sweetest dog with a very gentle dispostition. We just love him! :001_smile:

He's so gorgeous! I just love great big ol' dogs! :001_wub: