Menu

Reasons why your home should be tidy and you should be showered

I wish I had one, but my life is boring. We've been homeschooling 10 years and I've never got caught unawares.

Oh wait. I cut myself opening a box of Prentice Hall Science Explorer books one day. My right thumb was sliced and bleeding profusely. I had to apply pressure to it with my other hand, and couldn't move because it hurt and I was scared. My son had to phone his dad at work who had to drive home to get me and take me to the hospital. I can't imagine if my son would have had to helped me get dressed! Both of my girls were in school at the time. And you know what? It wasn't even worth it, because I hated the science books. :tongue_smilie:

My #1 reason for today:

Your MIL and FIL might unexpectedly drop by (which they never do since they live an hour away!) Even if you haven't showered, it might be advisable to wear a bra so you don't feel super self concious when your FIL hugs you!

At least mine was a pleasant surprise. The CO2 alarm going off would be scary!

You might have to run all over kingdom come yelling for your 2-year-old who's not answering when you call. You might have to ask the roofing crew (that your DH works for on a part time basis-- in your PJs) working on the house behind yours if they've seen her. You might get so worked up that you call the police, only to find her curled up in the box of out of season toys in the basement, sound asleep & totally wrapped in a blanket before they get there. And then you might have a policeman come to your house who happens to be the guy you had a crush on in high school. Still in your pjs, clinging to the sleeping darling for dear life, sans b00kshelf. Oh, yeah.

Your kidlet may decide to call 911, but stop before dialing it all the way, but it would still be enough to dispatch police officers to your house, who would then need to make a head count to make sure every single person who lived there was indeed safe. @@

You might have to run all over kingdom come yelling for your 2-year-old who's not answering when you call. You might have to ask the roofing crew (that your DH works for on a part time basis-- in your PJs) working on the house behind yours if they've seen her. You might get so worked up that you call the police, only to find her curled up in the box of out of season toys in the basement, sound asleep & totally wrapped in a blanket before they get there. And then you might have a policeman come to your house who happens to be the guy you had a crush on in high school. Still in your pjs, clinging to the sleeping darling for dear life, sans b00kshelf. Oh, yeah.

You totally win!

One's priest may show up at the front door.

The welcome wagon may show up at the front door the day before Thanksgiving, two weeks after one has moved into one's new house.

One of "those" women may show up at the door wanting information on whatever.

Because the Head of CPS (child protective services) might show up at your door at 7:30 am and find you still in your PJs with hair not combed and of course, no bookshelf in place...........

Actually he was the former head and was delivering my UPS package just before Christmas but he was not who I expected at my door. We actually knew him well from having been foster parents but still, not someone you expect delivering for UPS.

truant officer might knock on your door- did happen to me, but luckily I was dressed for the day.

Been there, done that. And I could not have possibly looked worse! My house was complete chaos including a howling baby in the bedroom who I was ignoring because I was determined to put some food into me.

Your kidlet may decide to call 911, but stop before dialing it all the way, but it would still be enough to dispatch police officers to your house, who would then need to make a head count to make sure every single person who lived there was indeed safe. @@

oh my goodness that happened to us one time-I was in kitchen cooking a nice weekend relax breakfast (still in gown/robe) and I happen to glance up and see two HUGE cops running across our yard---I send hubby to the door but they want to see everyone else in family to make sure we're all ok and hubby isn't holding us hostage or something LOL hee hee hee hee --kiddo was like 2-3 LOL..... oh my!

Your 3 year old reaches up to pull a book off the shelf and the oversized, 5 pounder next to it slides off and lands on her little head. That would be the corner of the book landing on her head, causing a fountain of blood and a call to 911.

Your next door neighbor may call the police on you and that neighbor decides to press charges against your Dh for child endangerment, because your DH let one of his kid's sit in his lap and steer the car driving in a court / dead end street at 5 MPH.:glare: Thankfully the county attorney rejected the charges and no harm done.:)

One's priest may show up at the front door.

Been there, done that, have the t-shirt x THREE!!! We always get dressed now before ever venturing downstairs each morning.

One of those times, DS and I were huddled around a little tiny space heater because the furnace was broken. Not a good impression at all.

Reason #43--The Kingdom Hall is half a mile away, and the JWs apparently practice their technique in my neighborhood. Either that, or for some reason they enjoy seeing me awkwardly try to have a conversation from behind my door to hide the fact that I'm in a thin tank top with no booKshelf while the dog barks apoplectically in the background.