Menu

DO NOT go into the laundry room without shoes!

There might just be a tarantula in there. And when you leave to get something to hit it with, it might just disappear. And then you have no idea where in the house this LARGE spider will turn up. But of course with three girls in the house that scream when they see a small spider, I may "hear" it before I see it again.

Linda

Ds14 placed a flat-edged shovel by the door from our kitchen into the garage (our laundry room) so we would have a weapon at the ready if we ever encounter another copperhead. (He likes being prepared.) I'm thinking a similar shovel would work well on a tarantual as well.

Also, do not leave the laundry basket alone in the laundry room! An enormous black spider may crawl in and then be transported upstairs with the clean laundry, you may see it for an instant before it disappears between DD4's mattress and box springs, never to be seen again! (hopefully)

The southwestern part of the DFW metroplex. We live on 3 acres so I see these things outside all the time.

But in 19 years of living here there has never been one in my house!

Linda

Ok now you are really scaring me!

It's certain now, I'm never, ever going to America. Ehhh, you are in Texas? Okay, I might go to America, but I'm *never* going anywhere near Texas!

We scoop them into a large plastic cup then release them back outside-- they eat much worse pests (like scorpions) and are not a danger to us.

You are awesome!:svengo:

There might just be a tarantula in there. And when you leave to get something to hit it with, it might just disappear. And then you have no idea where in the house this LARGE spider will turn up. But of course with three girls in the house that scream when they see a small spider, I may "hear" it before I see it again.

Linda

:willy_nilly: Was it a Huntsman spider? I hear y'all have those in TX. :w00t:

I'm not sure what would be worse- the large spider loose in my laundry room or what would be left behind after squishing it. ::: shiver :::

Boy, there's no way I could stick around and wait for it to show up again. I'd have packed up my kids and got out of there until dh got home to deal with it. :willy_nilly:

:ohmy::scared::blink:

I could easily handle the snake about town (the NY one that escaped) . . .

But a tarantula is something completely different . . . :001_huh:

No way, uh uh . . . I'd be living somewhere else for a while . . .

ETA:

Younger dd wants to know how you know you have a tarantula in your house and older dd is offering to come to TX and catch it for you (only if she can keep it . . . but keeping it won't work for me!)

Edited by jelbe5