Menu

Please pray for RoughCollie - she's having a stent put in today

If you remember, she had some stents put in when she had her heart attack in February. But they left the blocked artery near her hip untouched. Today she is having a stent (or maybe two - I forgot to save her PM to me on the details) put in. Because of the time zone difference she may already have it done but please pray that all goes smoothly, that she survives hospital food and that she's able to go home today. Her husband (who had just had the stroke) is spending time with her at the hospital. Hopefully she'll update us if she sees this thread since I didn't warn her that I was going to post it. If she updates me, I'll let you know.

UPDATE: I just heard from her son (I don't remember what number): "She's alright, but needs to rest in bed until Monday. She had two incisions on her left and right legs on the upper thighs, so that surgical stents could be put in. Currently, her left leg is causing her some trouble because of bleeding, but it has seemed to clot. She can't walk downstairs for at least a few days, and she'll be fully recovered in roughly two weeks."

UPDATE: Not 10 min. after I received this communication and typed this, her son typed the other thread saying that she's going to the hospital in an ambulance. The bleeding in her left leg is not stopping.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

:grouphug:prayers:grouphug:

If you remember, she had some stents put in when she had her heart attack in February. But they left the blocked artery near her hip untouched. Today she is having a stent (or maybe two - I forgot to save her PM to me on the details) put in. Because of the time zone difference she may already have it done but please pray that all goes smoothly, that she survives hospital food and that she's able to go home today. Her husband (who had just had the stroke) is spending time with her at the hospital. Hopefully she'll update us if she sees this thread since I didn't warn her that I was going to post it. If she updates me, I'll let you know.

I will be praying for them. Thank you for the reminder.

UPDATE: I just heard from her son (I don't remember what number): "She's alright, but needs to rest in bed until Monday. She had two incisions on her left and right legs on the upper thighs, so that surgical stents could be put in. Currently, her left leg is causing her some trouble because of bleeding, but it has seemed to clot. She can't walk downstairs for at least a few days, and she'll be fully recovered in roughly two weeks."

Thanks for the update - just saw this. :grouphug::grouphug: to her and her family.

DS1 and I took the dog for a walk around our 2 acre yard. I walked the entire circumference with no pain in my right hip! This has not happened in many years.

So there is a lot of hope that these stents will enable me to walk again, without pain. This means I will be able to take the dog on long walks and use my legs again for more than a few steps at a time.

I was pretty worried because when I researched this a week ago, I discovered that the stents don't always enable people to walk freely again.

I am going to walk the dog around the yard twice tomorrow. My leg muscles must be pretty weak after years of having to be sedentary, so I'm going to gradually work up to a normal walking level.

Thank you all very much for your prayers and good thoughts.

DS1 and I took the dog for a walk around our 2 acre yard. I walked the entire circumference with no pain in my right hip! This has not happened in many years.

So there is a lot of hope that these stents will enable me to walk again, without pain. This means I will be able to take the dog on long walks and use my legs again for more than a few steps at a time.

I was pretty worried because when I researched this a week ago, I discovered that the stents don't always enable people to walk freely again.

I am going to walk the dog around the yard twice tomorrow. My leg muscles must be pretty weak after years of having to be sedentary, so I'm going to gradually work up to a normal walking level.

I am so happy that something good has come of all of this for you!

Continued prayers as your body heals. :grouphug::grouphug:

Cool! But it is your left leg that I'm worried about, Missy. Don't you overdo it or I will have to come and play babysitter.:toetap05: Wait - that's not a good threat since you want me to come out and see you. . . let's see, don't you overdo it or I'll come in the middle of the night and will dognap Aidan from you! :auto:

let's see, don't you overdo it or I'll come in the middle of the night and will dognap Aidan from you! :auto:

I knew I should have gotten a Doberman! They are velcro dogs and can be a tad unfriendly to thieves.

Aidan is Everyone's Dog, or so he thinks. Luckily he is cute, so no one minds.

Edited by RoughCollie