Menu

the candida diet has seriously.........(TMI)

it has seriously backed up the plumbing. In a MAJOR way.

I've been at this so long now that I hate to give it all up right when I think I'm seeing a real change in my symptoms!

I've tried several online remedies. Can you tell me tried and true remedies that WORK that have no sugar or don't involve pills, unless natural? I'm in too much pain.

:ohmy::ohmy::blushing::blushing::blushing:

Miralax - one formulation is a powder you mix in a drink. It may be the kids formula, but it works - boy does it work. Be prepared for an onslaught.

I don't know if it has sugar in it or not. Don't have any in the house right now so I can't check the label.

I use Konsul, per my GI doctor. Pretty sure it has no sugar in it. It's psyllium fiber, just in a different form than many of those other soluble fiber supplements.

I feel for ya.... my iron supplements leave me right where you are... extraordinarily frustrating (and oh yeah, painful!).

Miralax - one formulation is a powder you mix in a drink. It may be the kids formula, but it works - boy does it work. Be prepared for an onslaught.

I don't know if it has sugar in it or not. Don't have any in the house right now so I can't check the label.

No sugar listed on the label - just 17 grams of fiber!

I've been at this so long now that I hate to give it all up right when I think I'm seeing a real change in my symptoms!

I've tried several online remedies. Can you tell me tried and true remedies that WORK that have no sugar or don't involve pills, unless natural? I'm in too much pain.

Didn't read other posts, so I don't know whether this is new info.... but I can state from direct experience this tea helps. A friend recommended it when I was encountering similar problems from a cleanse.

Ground flax, quality probiotics, lots of fluids - tea can be good, yoga, gentle exercise.

When my son was using miralax the dr recommended drinking extra water daily. You can take more than the recommended amount but make sure you have enough fluids. Lots of walking helps as well.

My great aunt swore that drinking a huge glass of ice cold water as soon as she woke up got her bowels moving.

Denise, so sorry. This is the main reason why I really don't like the candida diet. It did this to my dh and much, much worse :confused:. He felt really good in some ways, but really bad in others.

The best natural remedies for constipation are what others have mostly mentioned already:

Exercise - particularly yoga and walking - many yoga poses directly target constipation

Flaxseeds - I personally avoid flaxseeds since it raises bre@st estrogen levels

Lots of water - but room temperature is much easier on the system

Vitamin C is also helpful at higher doses

Magnesium helps keep bowels regular by maintaining normal bowel muscle function.

Magnesium helps restore good bowel tone and normal peristalsis – that alternating muscle relaxation and contraction in the intestines.

For most people on a healthy diet, 400 mg of Magnesium daily should be sufficient. But for those who have symptoms of deficiency, such as constipation, more is recommended, but probably no more than 1200 mg. Add in more magnesium gradually. Your body knows how much it can handle according to how much your bowels can tolerate. The stools should feel soft, but not excessively loose.

Take in divided doses and with meals to ensure optimal absorption – preferably more at night

I have read that it’s preferable to not take magnesium at the same time as calcium. Others say that it’s fine. This is where I am confused. I think the former makes more sense.

The most absorbable forms are:

Magnesium Citrate

Magnesium Glycinate - although you might want to avoid this one if you want to get your bowels to really move.

Magnesium Taurate

Magnesium Aspartate

Magnesium Malate

Magnesium Succinate

Magnesium Fumirate

Avoid:

Magnesium Oxide

Magnesium Carbonate

Magnesium Gluconate

Magnesium Sulfate

These are not absorbed well and are the cheapest forms

Side effects from too much magnesium include diarrhea, which can be avoided if you switch to Magnesium Glycinate.

People with kidney disease or severe heart disease should take magnesium only under a doctor's supervision.

But my all-time favorite is this:

Triphala – Take two to four 500 mg tablets just before bedtime. Triphala is a bowel-regulating formula. In Sanskrit, it means three fruits. The combination of the powdered fruits is a rich source of antioxidants with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anticancer, and immune-enhancing properties. Triphala treats the entire digestive system, helping with constipation, hemorrhoids, diarrhea, indigestion, bloating, and liver detoxification. Because it operates as a bowel tonic (helping to maintain proper function) rather than a laxative, it’s safe to take every day.

39917.jpg&lr=t&bw=300&w=300&bh=300&h=300

Peela and I love it. :)

The one I have linked is by Solaray. I'm sure many others are good also. Solaray is the one we've used and have had success with.

Edited by Negin in Grenada