Menu

Whats For Supper?

We just had buffalo chicken salad from a Clean Eating Magazine. 285 calories per serving, and very delicious!

I took organic chicken tenderloins, sprinkled them w/ salt, chili powder and paprika and broiled them on a pan sprayed with olive oil.

Then I made the dressing w/ buttermilk, greek yogurt, hot sauce and onion pureed in the blender.

The chicken and dressing were served on top of a bed of red leaf and romaine lettuces with shredded carrots, grape tomatoes and cucumbers. Then I sprinkled blue cheese crumbles over the whole shebang. If I had had any of my home made croutons left, they would have been perfect. And next time, I'll add some sliced green onion, too.

I'm serving the kids a meal basically devoid of all nutrition: fish sticks & macaroni and cheese :)

I will say that there is ketchup and fresh strawberries, though - LOL. DH and I are having frozen pizza later on for a mini-date night.

Tonight is our lazy meal night, the rest of the week has real veggies and whole ingredients aplenty :lol: